Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "crowley"

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheatgrass Seeds, 23 Mar. 2014
They are currently growing really well. I've been growing them for the last two weeks. Hope to start juicing them soon.

The Map and the Territory
The Map and the Territory

5.0 out of 5 stars A compassionate view of humanity, 26 Jun. 2013
I was moved by this novel and I'll think about it and perhaps dream about it. I think we're at a watershed moment and Houellebecq is indicating that this is so. Nobody else I've read is able to sum up so perfectly where we are now and hint at what we could be.

The Drift
The Drift

5.0 out of 5 stars The Drift-Where do we go from here?, 22 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Drift (MP3 Download)
Listen to Clara at a high volume, without doing anything else, without any distractions and you'll probably never sleep properly again. This is music for the strong, an almost sadomasochistic experience. Hear the pounding of pig flesh. Ponder at what the hell is going on during The Escape which has created its very own genre of disney noir. Remember that movie 300? This is the aural equivalent; only the brave, only the ones who have grown bored with the everyday, the limited, the boring trivialities should try even one note. Test your spirit against this, read your Kierkegard, this is the sickness unto death in the rotting flesh. This is not love songs, this is not pop, this is not even death metal. The question is where do we go from here?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2011 6:17 PM GMT

Shella (Canongate Crime Classics)
Shella (Canongate Crime Classics)
by Andrew Vachss

5.0 out of 5 stars Shella, 8 Mar. 2006
This is my favourite Vachss novel because I love its bitter sweet love story haiku. As the main character is named Ghost so the whole novel has a spectral, haunted atmosphere. We only get to know the things that we need to know and there's not an ounce of fat on these bones. I've read it at least three times now and each time, even though I know the ending, it still has an emotional kick. Ghost is Burke without his family. Readers of Burke novels will know exactly what I mean by this.