Profile for T. Smith > Reviews

Content by T. Smith

T. Smith "GodDamnPie" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 3 May 2017
I'm about 20 hours into the game so far and when I'm not playing it I'm thinking about playing it. This game is truly a masterpiece: both in graphics and in gameplay. Probably the best game I've played in years.

Fintie Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 SmartShell Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Stand Cover with Auto Sleep / Wake for Kindle Fire HDX 7" (3rd generation - 2013 release), Navy
Offered by Fintie EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
Would have given it 5 stars but one of the magnetic strips keeps on falling out.

Green Visor Hat Outfit accessory for Poker Vegas Fancy Dress
Green Visor Hat Outfit accessory for Poker Vegas Fancy Dress
Offered by Fancy Dress Worldwide

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived broken, 13 Oct. 2014
Item arrived broken but had to use it that day. Would have been a 4 star review otherwise for the price.

Sony Xperia Z2 5.2 inch SIM-free Smartphone UK Stock - Black - Discontinued by manufacturer
Offered by Shelfone™ (UK - VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I've owned to date, 13 May 2014
I've had my Z2 for about 6 days now. I upgraded from the iPhone 5, and an upgrade it was indeed.

The screen is just about the right size: not overly big (such as devices like the Note 3) and not too small either, which is a fate I think hindered my experience with iPhones. The viewing angles on the screen are brilliant and the colours are vibrant and crisp. So far it's been responsive and easy to navigate.

The speakers are just as outstanding. They could be a tiny bit louder, but that's not really something I have any quibbles with. I've heard that this may be due to the phone being waterproof though, so I guess I can't really complain too much. The quality of the headphones they're supplied with are far better than anything I ever experienced with an iPhone.

Physically, the phone is definitely premium looking: far more than anything currently on the market. I haven't (and don't plan to) dropped the phone yet, but I do have some worries that it may smash quite easily due to being made of glass.

Software wise I'm relatively inexperienced with Android (I had an HTC Sensation back in 2011, so it's been a while), but I feel like it is a step up from iOS. That's just my personal preference though, but I much prefer being able to personalise my device. One thing that does bug me is that the keyboard doesn't pick up on some basic mistakes and mistyped words. I've downloaded a 3rd party keyboard though so it's no longer problem, but just a point to raise for the fast and reckless typers like myself.

I've played around with a few of the camera settings and so far I'm impressed with the quality of the images. There are a lot of inbuilt functions to play around with, and Sony has provided a great photo-editing program as well. It's a bit disappointing that standard pictures aren't taken in the 20.7MP resolution, but if I'm honest the 8MP camera setting takes just as good a photo.

The battery lasts longer than my iPhone ever did. I've got over a days worth with some Facebook use, heavy messaging/WhatsApp and listening to music on Spotify.

The storage could be bigger at only 16GB, but I'm not that much of a data heavy user. I've put in a spare 16GB SD card that I had lying around spare and with a few movies, 500+ pictures and music on it I still have well over 10GB left. I can always choose to go for a bigger SD card if need be though.

So far I'm loving the experience, I'll be sure to update if anything changes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2014 6:43 PM BST

NEON UV TUTUFANCY DRESS 1980S HALLOWEEN COSTOME DANCE SKIRT UK ONE SIZE 8-14
NEON UV TUTUFANCY DRESS 1980S HALLOWEEN COSTOME DANCE SKIRT UK ONE SIZE 8-14

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for price, 30 April 2014
I used this for a UV night out when I went on tour, served it's purpose and it was cheap.

Ladies Hip Flask for Women - Red Lip Flask
Ladies Hip Flask for Women - Red Lip Flask

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived dented and scratched, 30 April 2014
Bought as part of a birthday present for a friend and it arrived dented and scuffed. Haven't tested it to see if it leaks yet.

If it wasn't too late to buy a replacement present I'd probably return it.

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL -  White Limited Edition with Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)
Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL - White Limited Edition with Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 28 Jan. 2013
If you were to buy the 3DS XL and game separately it would cost you near on £200. This console game in the colour that I wanted (sadly they don't sell an Ice White 3DS XL, and I don't go much on the other colours) along with one of the most popular games on the 3DS.

I do think Nintendo are a bit naughty excluding the charger from the bundle, but it's like it with every console they sell because they assume most people would have owned a DS prior to this. Sneaky move, but I can see why they've done it.

MK7 itself is amazing. I can't put the 3D on for long because my eyes are quite sensitive, but having it on low doesn't seem to affect me too much. Bought the console to play the Nintendo exclusives: been a big Nintendo fanboy for a long time and I've been missing out on the new Pokemon games, Zelda and MK7. Added most of these to my collection now as well as the 3 Kingdom Hearts games for the DS. Can't wait to stack up some game play hours and wait patiently for Pokemon X and Y in October!

I've only got good things to say about the 3DS. :)

DC Universe (PC DVD)
DC Universe (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't trust the 1 star reviews!, 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: DC Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this on the PS3 when it was first released and played it on the console for a solid 4 or 5 months.

Now, the console version has its pro's, but for me the biggest thing it lacked in was the communication front. And so I bought the PC version. There's not much to be said really, it's your standard MMO with quests to complete, and raids to power through. You will reach the level cap pretty quickly (but hey, WoW only took around a week or two to hit 85), but that is when the real content unleashes itself. Do not be fooled, if you are a "solo-player" then this game is NOT for you! You WILL need the help of friends and/or a guild so it's best to build up a decent social group from a lower level. This will help you tons for the late game content.

I've been playing it since its release and it's still as much fun as the day I picked it up.

Now That's What I Call Disney 2011
Now That's What I Call Disney 2011
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars All of the classics!, 22 Nov. 2011
At the tender age of 18, Disney has been a part of my life since I was born. I grew up with some of the classics like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Hercules and Mulan. Seeing this advertised recently, I had no choice but to snatch it up and relive some of the best years of my life.

It has all of the Disney classics that made you fall in love, as well as some of the more recent ones which are still just as good. The only ones that I feel it's lacking are "Go The Distance" and "I'll Make a Man Out of You", but I already have those in my collection already.

I've been growing up with Disney and their films for the past 18 years, and this CD sums up most of my childhood. It has classics from the likes of Cinderella, Toy Story, Pocahontas, Hercules, Mulan and Lion King with additions from the newly released likes of Enchanted and Tangled. If you're a Disney fan then I think this is needed for your collection. I've already put it on my iPod and I plan to blast this album out whilst I'm in my car with my head held high.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2014 10:23 AM BST

X-Men Destiny (PS3)
X-Men Destiny (PS3)
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 3 Oct. 2011
This review is from: X-Men Destiny (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this game with no hopes at all. I'd watched the trailers, and to be honest I thought I was going to be extremely disappointed. I was wrong.

If you're a fan of the X-Men, then you'll be amazed at this Action RPG. It is a little bit short, and doesn't take long to complete, but there are thousands of combinations of powers to try out. There are only 3 to choose from and at first this disappointed me, but added with the genes and upgrades the limits to what you can do are pretty much non-existant.

There are a few 'major' characters missing from the storyline, like Storm, but it doesn't matter too much. I liked the idea of Factions, and I did most of the X-Men factions on my first play-through. Next time I'll do the Brotherhood and see how differently things work out! :)

Page: 1 | 2