Profile for Annabel > Reviews

Content by Annabel

Annabel

Picking at the Knot
Picking at the Knot

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartwarming but unsentimental story of a family., 4 Jun. 2017
I loved this book. Because I know the area in which it is set and also the author, it was extra special. Even without those things it is warm and insightful. It made my train journey to London and back really enjoyable (despite shedding a tear at Langwathby Station).

Book Marketing Made Simple: A Practical Guide to Selling, Promoting and Launching Your Business Book

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the cover., 28 May 2017
This book is just right. It is full of useful information which I shall be implementing in respect of my new business book 'Not Too Late at 58' (Sorry Karen, but you have taught me to take every opportunity!) I found it easy to read with interesting case studies to illustrate the points being made.

The Wolf of Dalriada
The Wolf of Dalriada
by Elizabeth Gates

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the next novel, Ms Gates!, 24 Feb. 2017
This review is from: The Wolf of Dalriada (Paperback)
Romantic fiction is NOT my thing, but despite that I was drawn into the story, the Scottish landscape, the history and most of all the characters of the young women at the centre of it all. I can't wait to find out what happens in France.

Hush Puppies Tattoo Janessa, Women's Ballet Flats, Multicolor (Floral Multi), 7 UK (41 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Oct. 2015
Love them

Pack of 5 Plain Silver Coloured 15cm (6") Metal Buckets - Pots - Planters for sweet tree kits, plants, favours, storage (SIL01)
Offered by CraftMill

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Oct. 2015
All good, thanks.

Using Webinars For Business: The Complete Guide For Beginners (2016 Edition)
Using Webinars For Business: The Complete Guide For Beginners (2016 Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2015
Another good one, Paul. Thanks.

Where Seagulls Dare
Where Seagulls Dare

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 7 May 2014
I loved reading this. It was written by a friend and one of my fellow-sailors on the trip to France. Strange how other people see you.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 7 May 2014
I loved it! And now I really want to visit Guernsey. Why do you need me to write so many words?

Remembering Bix: Biography of Bix Beiderbecke
Remembering Bix: Biography of Bix Beiderbecke
by Ralph Berton

1.0 out of 5 stars Not yet arrived., 27 April 2013
It should have been here on 24th April for my husband's birthday on 26th. Now 27th and still not here.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2015 8:21 PM BST

Out Of Step
Out Of Step

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of Step by Bethany Askew, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Out Of Step (Kindle Edition)
This is a book about the problems of step-families and about the emotions left over from marriage. Most of the characters are less than loveable (I don't mind that), particularly the men, but I still had to keep reading to find out what became of them all. A story told with sensitivity and insight. I enjoyed it.