Profile for M. Dalgleish > Reviews

Content by M. Dalgleish

M. Dalgleish (Oxford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Billion BiPac 3100SN 300 Mbps Wireless-N Wall Plug Access Point Repeater
Billion BiPac 3100SN 300 Mbps Wireless-N Wall Plug Access Point Repeater

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, 2 May 2015
Very good - when coupled to a Bullion modem router, and using the same SSID, provide excellent hand over performance with my iPhone.

Rapesco Supaclip 40 sheet Capacity, Stainless Steel Refill Clips - Pack of 50
Rapesco Supaclip 40 sheet Capacity, Stainless Steel Refill Clips - Pack of 50

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as secure as a staple, 2 May 2015
Good, but I found to be not as secure as a staple. Try a starter pack before buying too many!

TP-LINK M5350 3G Mi-Fi Hotspot, High Speed Wi-Fi Unlocked Modem (HSPA+, 21.6 Mbps, 2000 mAh Internal Battery and LED Display)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the best portable hot-spot for 2015, 2 May 2015
Short advice - this unit does best in terms of use-ability compared with all the others. I decided on this after trying 3 other popular units over the course of a week. The LED display is informative - you always know what is happening. Much better than the simple LED displays on other units. TP-LINK is also better supported in the UK and the documentation in the pack and on-line is good. Strongly recommended - easy to use - but with all the technical bells and whistles available through a good browser interface.

If you are using Windows 7, don't forget if you change the WiFi password on your hot-spot device, you need to go into 'Manage Wireless Networks' (from the 'Network and Sharing Centre') and 'Remove' that WiFi hotspot device form the list in order to clear down the old password and allow the new one to be entered when you re-connect.. This seems to be just a Windows problem.

Pack of 10 Yellow Fluorescent Wedge Tip Highlighter Pens
Pack of 10 Yellow Fluorescent Wedge Tip Highlighter Pens
Offered by ProdBuy_Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Get out your sun glasses, 5 April 2015
What can one say? Yellow and lots of it. Now I have to be much more critical in my reviewing. Sorry guys.

Warmup Tempo Digital Thermostat Porcelain White for underfloor heating systems
Warmup Tempo Digital Thermostat Porcelain White for underfloor heating systems
Offered by Tilezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 5 April 2015
Very good even if you don't normally like these controls. Until we can do everything on our iPhones, this is a good option.

Sony SONY KDL-40W605 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 200 Hz TV
Sony SONY KDL-40W605 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 200 Hz TV
Offered by Tvsandmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for high quality picture and good apps & user interface, 5 April 2015
Up to now a Panasonic buyer, based on picture quality. But the picture on this LCD plus LED backlit panel is superb and a bargain at the price. The black level is so strong. The picture is magnificent and detailed. The sound is rubbish, but that's the norm for flat panels. I like the way as soon as I pugged my sound system into the headphone socket, the internal speakers were silenced and the volume now controls my audio system. One complaint would be the lack of any manual. Safety warnings in 20 languages, but no manual! The biggest fault, although tolerable, is the slow reaction time for example when bringing up the excellent apps like iPlayer etc. All takes too long - often have to wait for 5-10 seconds. Still, very strongly recommended.

May It Please Your Lordship
May It Please Your Lordship

3.0 out of 5 stars Could try harder, 15 Feb. 2015
The other book by this author No Hold Barred is much better.

The Meaning of Human Existence
The Meaning of Human Existence

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb. 2015
It's the equivalent of a juicy T-bone steak in literature. Buy it.

Roberts RD21B(ECO4) Ecologic 4 DAB/FM RDS Digital Stereo Radio wth up to 150 Hours Battery Life - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful - high failure rates inside warranty period and high repair costs, 15 Feb. 2015
I have no doubt this is a good radio whilst it is working. All the other reviews are accurate as far as I can see. In my case my Roberts failed completely (on/off button failed) after 15 months. I spoke to Roberts but they refused to honour the 1 year warranty, even though the unit had a minor fault recorded earlier, advising me a cost of £45 plus postage to fix. No point, better off with a new radio. I think any decent electronic device should last at least a few years, ideally much more than that. I guess they have a lot of failures - otherwise they would offer a reasonable guarantee. I reckon they have a real quality problem. As an ex electronics engineer I know solid state electronics when properly designed has no 'wear out' and should last forever more or less.

I have had 4 Roberts radios over the years and every single one has failed. I am a retired careful user so its not my fault.

If you must buy one, consider John Lewis; they offer a 2 year guarantee. I suggest if you have any fault at all, you return it inside the two years.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, resulted in a fast 110Mbytes/sec transfer speed ..., 31 Jan. 2015
Great product, resulted in a fast 110Mbytes/sec transfer speed to my WD external Elements USB3 Hard Disk. Nice well built card. But documentation in German and nothing else! Nothing on the CSL Website. Guys: Could it be so hard to include English in the box or on the website?

Here is what I did: Installed the card (with the power supply attachment included in the box). Switch back on. Windows reports after about a minute it can't find the driver. Close that window. Then run the program "EXE/RENESAS-USB3-Host-Driver-30230-setup" which is included on a small CD-ROM in the product. That's it.

I've given it 5 stars which it deserves, but please, add English to the documentation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4