Profile for travelbug > Reviews

VELDA FLOATING PLANT ISLAND - SQUARE 35cm
VELDA FLOATING PLANT ISLAND - SQUARE 35cm
Offered by Heritage Pet Products

4.0 out of 5 stars works on water, 24 July 2013
these floating plant islands were delivered very quickly by the stockists. These floating plant island really work and look great in the pond. We just need a couple of plants to put in them to complete the set up. For the price they are a bit expensive as they are only like polystyrene and its covered by something like you put over the soil to prevent weeds from growing through. Never the less they are well made and the linking part of the floating plant islands is such that you can put the floating plant islands together is a good idea. overall we are very happy with the product but time will tell if the material on the floating plant islands are strong enough to last till next year.

Andrew James Powerful 300 Watt Red Hand Mixer With Chrome Beaters, Dough Hooks, 5 Speed With Turbo Button + Bonus Balloon Whisk
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality hand mixer, 26 April 2013
ordered the Andrew james hand mixer due to the great reviews and I am not disappointed with the mixer. It is made very strong for a compact hand mixer and it does what it is supposed to do with great results. The bonus is the balloon whisk which I find very useful in whisking eggs and Yorkshire pudding mix. For its price its a great Hand Held mixer with plenty of power and range of speeds to cope with all mixing.
A really good quality mixer and I hope to get a lot of years of service from THE ANDREW JAMES MIXER,

Karcher WV50 Window Cleaning Vacuum and Spray Bottle
Karcher WV50 Window Cleaning Vacuum and Spray Bottle
Offered by Lydney Bathrooms Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Karchr WV50 plus window cleaning vacuum, 1 Oct. 2012
I have used the Karcher WV50 frequently since we bought it recently. I have tried it on outside windows and inside windows and have found it very good. I think you still have to put a dry cloth over the finished windows as there is still a degree of streaking but maybe I am not using the karcher correctly maybe time will tell . I still think it is an excellent product. Where the Karcher WV50 comes into its own is using it in the bathroom. I cant praise it enough for this particular job of cleaning the large shower doors and the tiled walls around the shower. I used to take an age drying down the shower walls and doors using a towel or a microfibre cloth. With the Karcher its a joy to use . It takes the water off the tiles and shower doors so consequently there is less drying down of using a towel etc. This is also an advantage that you will not have so much water access in the bathroom to cause mould on the walls. Combining this cleaning equipment with opening of a window I think you might alleviate a lot of problems. It amazing to look into the water container and see how much water comes off the tiles and shower doors after showering. The only problem I can see is when you use the Karcher for the bathroom shower floor which is completely flat. The Karcher then tends to spit a little but maybe that is because of the large amount of water accumulating on the base of the shower floor.. Overall I think its a good product to have around the house or to use outside on the car or caravan.
its now february 2013 and I am still happy with the karcher I use it every day in the shower and find it great for taking off excessive water off the shower screens and walls.

H2O Mop X5 5 in 1 Portable Steam Mop Multi Purpose Floor & Window Cleaner Carpet Steamer Garment Upholstery Oven Hob Steamer Upright & Hand Held Steamer Steam Jet (Green)

4.0 out of 5 stars H20 Mop x5 steamer cleaner, 1 Oct. 2012
This item quickly arrived and I am highly delighted with it so far. Tried it out for the first time yesterday after it arrived.
Easy to put together and tried the carpet glider, steam nozzle for the kitchen sink, and the mop for the floors.
For the wooden floors the steam cleaner is ideal put it on the first setting and within about 5 mins the wooden floor was dry so I was very pleased. Tried the carpet glider on the rug. As it says it is not a carpet cleaner but a refresher. just wondering if you have a dirty mark on the carpet if you put some carpet cleaner on first and then use the steamer over it might make a difference.
The nozzle for the hand held cleaner is quite easy to use and the amount of steam which came out is good. Just be aware if you are wearing glasses and you are pointing the hand held steamer in a downward position it will steam your glasses up. I dont wear glasses but at times the steam was quite powerful. I have still to use the window cleaner attachment but I dont think it will be as good as the Karcher KV50 WIndow cleaning vacuum as its not portable as the H20 Mop depends on the electricity so you will have to be aware of the electricity points around the home.
Overall so far I think the H20 Mop steam cleaner is a good buy/ I looked at other steam cleaners but I think I made the right choice in buying this one. Bought it through Amazon as I know I could rely on Thane Direct but I feel that Amazon would look after everything. I recommend any one to buy from Amazon dont buy one from another company as you could be let down as I was recently.
it is now february 2013 and have been using the x5 for several months now and i can truthfully say that I think its great for wooden floors and for cleaning in the bathroom and kitchen. I think as long as you take care on the handling it will be great for you but if you are rough with the handle I CAN Imagine that it might break but I take extra care in handling it as I dont want it to break. All in all I think the x5 is excellent and cant praise it enough for easy cleaning around the home.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2013 8:04 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars shower seat ideal for when you need it, 4 Sept. 2012
A great little item useful for when you need it. Very strong and safe when sitting on it and its ideal that you can pop it away in the cupboard and use it when you want to instead of the ones that are attached to the walls. Its great for been able to put it where you want to for showering so if you want to use it a long way from the shower head you can. Ideal for even small children who are a bit afraid of showering. I bought the fenetic wellbeing folding shower seat stool lightweight adjustable height with a backrest and feel very safe using it..

Lifemax Stick 'n' Stay Mobility Handle - 50cm 133.2
Lifemax Stick 'n' Stay Mobility Handle - 50cm 133.2

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, 2 Sept. 2012
A great safe handrail for the shower or bath as long as you have a smooth clean wall to fix it on. No screws needed for this product feel very safe using it we have been using the handrail now for several months and its still sticking to the walls so its great that we have not had to use the drill to put a handrail up on the wall. the only thing about it is that it looks like a sucker for lifting things off the ground so apart from the size of the handrail its a great handrail without the fuss of drilling the walls.

Aone BD-R Blu-ray 4x White Inkjet Printable Discs - 25GB - 10 Pack
Aone BD-R Blu-ray 4x White Inkjet Printable Discs - 25GB - 10 Pack
Offered by Promediasupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars ordered some more have had not problems with discs, 15 Jun. 2012
I have used 20 of these discs without any problems and have ordered another 20 as I feel they are good value for the money. Maybe you only get what you pay for but I think these discs are ok. Like most people you store films on the discs and possibly hardly watch again and the discs only come out on rainy days, so with been reliable they do for me. Why waste money on expensive discs if you are only going to store and possibly never watch again. (Hence the saying they might come in handy one day)
I will let you know if I have any problems with the next batch but so far been very happy with this product Aone Blu Ray DIscs 4x

Burt's Bees Almond and Milk Hand Cream, 57 g
Burt's Bees Almond and Milk Hand Cream, 57 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Just try it, 10 Feb. 2012
I have had very dry itchy scaling skin behind my ears and have tried various creams over the years. I buy the cream what works from a little chemist in Rhodes who makes up the cream for me. I used to pay 25 pounds for this cream. I used to put a little behind my ears , and it was a miracle cream for me but like most people the condition comes back. At 25 pounds a tub it can run expensive but you dont care what you pay when something works. Well I have just bought a jar of burts bees hand creme as a friend of mine said to try it and see how it goes for my condition. I tried it yesterday for the first time and I can say with hand in my heart that it has improved the dry itchy scaling behind my ears. The creme at first goes on very greasy but given time it does blend into the skin over night. It leaves a top film on the skin but with having dry skin this can be a blessing. This morning the skin seems to be a lot clearer so I am very happy with the product and will continue using it as I know there is nothing harmful in the product. THis product was bought at Boots chemist and they charge 9.99 so Amazon is much cheaper. Well done amazon
I am taking some to try on my mothers dry finger. At 90yrs her skin is starting to get dry so hopefully this will work on her dry cracked finger.

Page: 1 | 2