Profile for scarfy101 > Reviews

Pop
Pop
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars An underrated gem, 28 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Pop (Audio CD)
I often hear U2 fans saying this is U2's weakest album. Yes, it was rushed, and some of the tracks are heavily influenced by dance music (something most U2 fans seem to hate), but these are some of the reasons why this album is so spectacular. 'Discotheque', the opening track, is one of the most infectious songs ever written by the band. 'Mofo' sounds like a Chemical Brothers track, but strip the song back to its basics and what you notice are some of the most personal and revealing lyrics Bono has ever written. 'Please' and 'Wake Up Dead Man' are bleak but beautiful, and 'Staring At The Sun' is one of my all-time favourite U2 songs. This album may not be as instantly appealing as the much acclaimed 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' which was to follow, but what it lacks in cohesiveness it makes up for in spirit, and that is a rare thing.

To Bring You My Love
To Bring You My Love

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic album, 28 Dec. 2002
This review is from: To Bring You My Love (Audio CD)
I bought this album on a whim on the strength of Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea. Expecting something similar, I was kinda shocked on the first listen. This is dark, serious, and sometimes eerie stuff, but after a few plays I loved it. The standout track for me has to be Meet Ze Monsta, but there are no weak tracks here. Give it a listen.