Profile for H. Kumer > Reviews

Folding Walking Stick - Folding Cane Men
Folding Walking Stick - Folding Cane Men
Offered by Amazing Health

5.0 out of 5 stars just as described, 31 Dec. 2012
lovely quality much better than the previous cheap one i bought worth the little extra -great for popping into handbag

North American Indians (Pictureback Series)
North American Indians (Pictureback Series)
by Douglas Y Gorsline

5.0 out of 5 stars Great non fiction book, 21 Jan. 2011
Bought this for my son who was doing a school project on red indians.

Fantastic facts set out in a clear and interesting manner.

Was full of unusual facts not just the normal run of the mill teepees/sitting bull and mocassins and bows and arrows.

Covered all of the main tribes and ones I hadn't heard of.

Would recommed for primary children more specifically 7-10 year olds.

S.black

Aztec Swallow 350 Womens Sleeping Bag Right Zip
Aztec Swallow 350 Womens Sleeping Bag Right Zip

5.0 out of 5 stars quality and value, 21 Jan. 2011
Bought this sleeping bag as I had to accompany my child on a Cubs weekend.

I was very impressed with the quality warmth and value of this sleeping bag .

As it is a womens bag it can be used by my daughters who are currently 9 and 11 without it being too huge and because of the colour my son who is 8 will happily use it when he grows out of his childs sleeping bag .

Easily warm enough for Scotland in October and I have had to unzip it in the summer.

S. Black

Binatone Big Button Speakeasy 200 Mobile Sim Free Phone with Talking Numbers and Panic Button

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 21 Jan. 2011
I bought this for my 83 year old father who is very techo phobic but very independant. He lives on his own and drives on a regular basis. He also managed to get his car stuck in the recent snow and had to walk about 1/2 a mile in below freezing conditions to get help. Fortunately he found a kind passerby who dug him out and gave him a warm drink !
He has a binatone large button home phone and this mobile's layout is almost identical.

I am confident that even he can manage to press 1 button to make the phone call and 1 button to answer.

I love the SOS facility - if you hold the red SOS button down for 3 seconds it automatically dials through 3 of the stored numbers until it gets an answer.You can also set it to call 999.

The down side is that it still has perhaps too many functions - such as text messages and the M1 M2 M3 buttons are a bit squashed between the green call button and red stop button . The only other down that I can see is that it does not seem to have a volume increase.

I would recommend this for any of the older generation that find small button phones too tricky.

This would also be good for perhaps people with learning difficulties that find too many steps a problem.

It has given me piece of mind that if my father is stuck in his car with perhaps a flat tyre he will easily be able to get in touch with someone in the family and not have to again abandon his car and look for help.

S Black

Native Americans (People Who Made History In)
Native Americans (People Who Made History In)
by Jason Hook

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 17 Sept. 2010
I bought this book for my son who is 8 as he was doing a school project on Red Indians . It is very imformative without being boring and had the more unusal aspects of Red Indian lives . It showed all the different types of dwelling not just the usual Teepee and also showed many of the different tribes.

Great book for probably 6-10 years old.

Mum of 3

XIAOMEI A4 Messenger Style Bag 9835L for School or College etc.
XIAOMEI A4 Messenger Style Bag 9835L for School or College etc.
Offered by XIAOMEI

4.0 out of 5 stars great bag, 17 Sept. 2010
I bought 2 of these bags for my girls for school as they wanted something a bit different . They have now been using them for 6 weeks . They are wearing well and have plenty space for A4 folders and they also have separate compartments for money/pencilcases and also a useful bottle carrier at the side . My girls as still at primary school and are not carrying perhaps lots of heavy items so I do not know how well they would wear if perhaps heavier books or more folders were being carried .

I think they are very good value and a nice change from High School Musical/ Disney Princess etc .

These would also make a nice changing bag for a new mum.

Mum of 3

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars sigg, 1 Mar. 2010
I as a Mum of 3 I have tried every type of bottle on the market. I have found I always have to replace them within a month or so either because they are leaking or because the tops have been so chewed. The SIGG bottles I always thought were a bit expensive so always veered away from them .However I was looking for Hello kitty things this Xmas and bought my girls one each . As the top is a turn not a pull they have yet to be chewed and they have never leaked. They wash well do not smell unlike some of the plastic ones. I am planning to buy the covers for the summer and I am currently looking for one for my 8year old son .Currently cant decide between Football or Pirate. So as my Gran always said buy quality and you will save money in the long term .
Can't say yet how long they will last but so far so good and I would recommend to everyone.