Profile for NDavis28 > Reviews

Content by NDavis28

NDavis28 (England, United Kingdom)

Mortal Kombat Collector's Edition Official Game Guide
Mortal Kombat Collector's Edition Official Game Guide
by Jason Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great guide, but still nice for fans of MK., 2 Mar. 2012
I purchased this guide alongside the Kollector's Edition of Mortal Kombat for my Xbox 360. I bought it hoping that it'd contain all the original content that was promised by the company printing the guide. However, upon it's final print some of the content was not featured, such as the "History of Fatalities" section and some supposed exclusive artwork. Also, cards included in the guide giving short bios of the characters and their fatalities contained errors in the button inputs. Despite these errors, as a collector's item it's still an interesting buy and looks great on any shelf for the dedicated Mortal Kombat fan - just don't expect much useful information guide wise.

An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD]
An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Pilkington
Offered by Shop4World

4.0 out of 5 stars Karl Pilkington at his finest!, 2 Mar. 2012
This DVD is a must have, especially for anyone who's seen or bought the first series of the show. The idea behind the show is to see what happens to an idiot when he's made to carry out a series of strange, terrifying and culturally uplifting tasks. People tend to question the authenticity of Karl's "stupidity", but I think that it's irrelevant considering the show is there to entertain, and entertaining it is!

MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (Mla Handbook for Writers of Research Ppapers)
by Modern Language Association

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use guide for University referencing., 2 Mar. 2012
Once at University, you realise that everything has to be fully proven to receive due credit within your essays. If your course conforms to the MLA method of referencing (usually the subjects leaning towards art), this is the definitive guide explaining how to do so. Great for beginners to referencing and for reflecting upon work even for the experienced essay writer.

Sagaform Flower 0000395 Takeaway Mug with Silicone Lid
Sagaform Flower 0000395 Takeaway Mug with Silicone Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality mug, useful for travel/work!, 2 Mar. 2012
This mug is a brilliant item - it's useful for someone who's in a working environment where they're moving around, or where it's friendlier to use one mug for hot drink instead of several polystyrene ones. The rubber seal on the top is easy to take off without being too loose, which makes it more difficult to spill any hot drink. As well as having a useful design, it also looks really nice as well. A good buy.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gym set as a gift!, 2 Mar. 2012
I bought this set for my Mum as a Christmas gift. She uses it when she goes to the gym, and she's finding it useful! The bottle is what you'd expect from a water bottle; the lid retains the water which is handy, considering sometimes these bottles get loose seals. The towel is also what you'd want, of decent quality. The items come packaged in a box of a nice sizing, and they're presented fairly nicely as well. If you know someone who's a gym regular and likes the colour pink, then go for this set, it will serve them well!

Fight Club [1999] [DVD]
Fight Club [1999] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic film, and a great price to boot., 2 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Fight Club [1999] [DVD] (DVD)
Fight Club is one of the most interesting films to come out of the industry in recent years. Despite being an adaptation of a book, David Fincher does an excellent job of conveying the main themes and presenting the characters, surely doing the book justice. You can take the film for what it is and just enjoy the narrative, or delve deeper into the issues raised about society and the commercial world, which still hold true today even though more than 10 years have passed since the film's release. Fascinating film, and the price just makes it even better! Why not buy now?

SMOKEY AMP Portable Guitar Practice Amplifier 1w 1 watt
SMOKEY AMP Portable Guitar Practice Amplifier 1w 1 watt
Offered by jam2day

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent tone in a small package!, 2 Mar. 2012
I bought the Smokey Amp for a friend as a Christmas gift, and he really enjoys using it! It's such a good device for its size and not to mention it's also aesthetically pleasing. I was sent the amp with the Camel design, which in my (and my friend's opinion) the best design! Quality little amp for practise when out or about, or just to mess about on, and when put through a cab and amplifier you can get quite the beastly tone out of it through distortion! My only reason for rating 4 stars is that is arrived in just an envelope, no bubble wrap around it or anything - which isn't good considering it's a delicate electrical item. However, I was happy with the item itself!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2017 7:33 AM BST

How To Stop Worrying And Start Living (Personal Development)
How To Stop Worrying And Start Living (Personal Development)
by Dale Carnegie

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change your life!!, 1 Mar. 2012
I first purchased this book a few months ago on a whim - I was feeling pretty down and felt I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders in worry. Just yesterday, I decided to have a look at How to Stop Worrying and Start Living properly, having seemingly "nothing" to do with my spare time - and how GREAT of a choice it was to read this book! I got so hooked that I finished it in one day!

The brilliant thing about this book, is that even though it may seem outdated by modern standards, and also Americanised, its contents are completely universal to all. In it, he breaks down the processes of how to tackle all different forms of worry, using several interesting short stories as examples to demonstrate his points throughout, then summarises the contents in a short description. Carnegie's down to earth manner of addressing you in this book makes his advice seem so familiar, and yet so astounding - it is as though what you are reading should already be evident it's that simple! But we all know that sometimes, we tend to forget even the simplest of things in life.

I can already feel a complete change in my physical and mental attitude towards life - my happiness, my self-esteem and my judgement of what is even deemed worthy to worry about, after just ONE day! You will soon realise that even the toughest of emotional upsets and worries can be overcome using the techniques in this book. You just have to apply them! This book will change your whole worldview, creating a happier and less tense life. I read all of the chapters in this book, and highlighted and annotated the most relevant and memorable parts that I can apply to my life. I intend to re-visit this book often, to keep it clearly in my mind. I cannot make it any clearer - BUY THIS BOOK NOW!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2015 11:30 AM BST