Profile for K. G. A. Alavi > Reviews

Content by K. G. A. Alavi

K. G. A. Alavi (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Play set
Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Rise Against the Empire Play set
Offered by Rush Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, 20 July 2016
This is a must have. Why is any Star Wars fan bothering to read the reviews? You get the Skywalker twins Luke and Leia and the unlock levels based on the original trilogy. What is there not to love. My son was especially happy with Luke as he can shoot as well as use the lightsaber, as you climb his skill tree, Luke's Force abilities increase, it is almost like seeing the farm boy to Jedi transformation taking place before you in the game. Ok I admit I got this for the Luke figure getting the level and the Leia figure was a bonus. I this game Leia seem to has had a few Tae Kwon Do lessons. Her meelay attack is a 3 kick combo high Round, leg sweep, and a gravity defying flying kick. Of course she also has he trusty blaster as an up grade you can be enhanced to stun opponents to make them more prone to meelay attacks. She can also double jump, but I have not seen any Force enhancements on her character as of yet. oh and her special is to call Artoo, how cool is that? This is a great set and must have for any Star Wars fan, worth every penny.

NERF N-Strike Elite 30-Dart Refill
NERF N-Strike Elite 30-Dart Refill

5.0 out of 5 stars These fit both my sons' Nerf guns the Firestrike and ..., 20 July 2016
These fit both my sons' Nerf guns the Firestrike and the Strongarm. My only complaint is that I find these damn bullets every where. However that is the fault is with the shooters. I have told them they will not be getting anymore refills for a while so they are starting to pick them up more.

NERF N-Strike Elite Firestrike Blaster
NERF N-Strike Elite Firestrike Blaster

5.0 out of 5 stars It is easy to chamber, 20 July 2016
My Son loves this. Well worth the money. It is easy to chamber, and fires one Nerf bullet. but has space at the front to carry 2 more bullets. The range is pretty good as it fires right around our hall way. You do need batteries for the laser sighting (3 AAA batteries), but it is all in good fun. Well worth the price.

LEGO DC Justice League: Gotham City Breakout with Free Superhero Sticker Sheet [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Matt Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars While the Bats away ...., 20 July 2016
Brilliant family fun entertainment. I love the DC movies aimed at more mature audiences (like me), but I can't enjoy them with my kids, so these Lego DC movies with the exaggerated but true to the core of the characters are great to watch with my boys. I love the way they make batman the serious, ever planning, and 3 steps ahead of everyone else, as it is pointed out to him this make it very difficult to be friends with him. However he is convinced to take a vacation, leaving Gotham city in the "capable hands" of Superman. I really like the way for all his powers they play up Superman's nativity. Now being a huge fan of the big blue "boy scout" I never mind seeing him taken down a peg or two.

While Batman is away Superman and half the Justice League must deal with a city and villains they do not understand. Meanwhile Batman's vacation might not be as relaxing as his young charges might have hoped. On a personal note it was great to see Deathstroke back, especially as he was completely underused on another DC Lego movie. The DVD version does not come with any extras, but my boys and I loved every minute of the movie so 5 stars all the way.

Rokk The Walking Mountain: Book 27 (Beast Quest)
Rokk The Walking Mountain: Book 27 (Beast Quest)
by Adam Blade

5.0 out of 5 stars Me and my boys love these books, 18 July 2016
The series moves on. This book was more of what we were used to. Me and my boys love these books. Here Tom faces a literal mountain of a beast, could this finally be the beast that ends the quest for him. There are slight more clues as to where the series is going. The only problem I have with this series, is Tom, (remember a young boy), the only soldier on the Avantian army? We look forward to the next book.

WWE Superstars #4: Last Man Standing
WWE Superstars #4: Last Man Standing
by Mick Foley

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost in space and time, 15 July 2016
An enjoyable comic making good use of the WWE characters onscreen personalities. On the last page we are given a behind the scenes look at why this book came out so late as well as a good buy as this is the last book in the series. As good as the story I will admit I am an older fan and did not know most of the main character's history, but there were enough "legends" for me to enjoy this. Also I am not a huge Shawn Michaels fan I was always a Bret Hart fan. The bunny stole the show for me. One of my favorites for yester year glad he got a staring part. I am also wondering if that fact that this series was cancelled was the reason that the ending was so rushed, it seemed to be a lot to do but only a few panels to finish it off. There are a couple of tribute pictures for a couple of legends that passed away during the making of this comic. I can see why the series was cancelled I was not sure what they would do next.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Yoda Figure (PS4/Xbox One/PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U)
Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Yoda Figure (PS4/Xbox One/PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U)
Offered by Golden Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars Judge me by my size, do you?, 15 July 2016
Great character. The Grand Master of the Jedi has been done justice. The statue is great. The on screen version is awesome, it make complete use of Yoda's Austro force fighting style. One thing that does make this character different is the in stead if the Force pull like the other Jedi/Sith characters use he has the Force push that does slight damage as well as knocking the characters down. His fighting combo is his high flying moving and slashing attack, dealing out big damage and not getting hit. With his upgrades he just get better, my boy loved this. Also a must have for all Star Wars fans.

The Chronicles of Avantia: Fire and Fury: Book 4
The Chronicles of Avantia: Fire and Fury: Book 4
by Adam Blade

4.0 out of 5 stars Final battle, 12 July 2016
The brutal and bloody conclusion. This is a very good book, with lots of action and revelation. Tanner started to fill the role of a leader a couple of books earlier, now he mus really step up, now all the beasts and their raiders are together but can they all be trusted, and even if they can apart from powerful Magic Derthsin has a whole arm at his command. I do like the theme of a heroic journey, overcoming their own issues, and coming together to win the day. Like I said a very good book to the only downside for me was the battles were very chaotically written, they are hard to follow, I did like that tried to add more battle tactics though. This is a good conclusion, but seems to try and introduce another series, which has not yet come about.

Disney Infinity 3.0: BlackSuit Spiderman Figure (PS3/PS4/Nintendo Wii/Xbox One/Xbox 360)
Offered by brrsales

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in Black, 9 July 2016
Excellent detailed character, looks great and great to play with on the screen. Continue to level up, and learn new skills by climbing the skills tree to unlock all the characters iconic powers and moves. My faverite Marvel comic character in my faverite version of his costume. To be honest I have spent more money on less detailed Spiderman statues. Gameplay wise I think they managed to replicate Spidy's fighting style perfectly. I am very impressed.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Hulkbuster Figure (PS4/PS3/Xbox 360/Xbox One/Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Mayflower Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Our faverite Ironman figure, 9 July 2016
Excellent detailed character, looks great and great to play with on the screen. Continue to level up, and learn new skills by climbing the skills tree to unlock all the characters iconic powers and moves. The statue is worth the price of the character alone. My son uses it to play with even when I turn the PlayStation off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20