Profile for Underdog > Reviews

Content by Underdog

Underdog "Amazon, I'm NOT a Dr I'm a Mr...." (Kentshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Crucial MX200 250GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive with Adapter - CT250MX200SSD1

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes with 'cloning software' easy instructions for fitting and a long guarantee, 7 Feb. 2016
Yes there are faster SSDs out there, but not for this price. Comes with 'cloning software' easy instructions for fitting and a long guarantee. Don't forget that id you want to have the advantage of 6Gb per second speeds, you must gat a 256 Gb SSD or larger, the 128 and 64 Gb units don't work as fast.
I have long been a fan / user of crucial equipment from memory modules to SSDs and there support teams (selling and tech) are spot on.
Highly recommended

SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 245 MB/s
SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 245 MB/s

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy with it, 7 Feb. 2016
Gets a little warm, but then all USB 3 sticks do, as for read and write speeds, I am very happy with it. Well designed, priced and good delivery.
Recommended

HyperX Impact 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L CL9 SODIMM 1.35V SODIMM Notebook Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory, I had one once!, 7 Feb. 2016
I bought this to put in my HP laptop but found it impossible to get the bottom off so I fitted it in to my wife's new Lenovo L50-80 and I have recorded a 16 second reduction in the start up time using Windows 10 64bit.
The system now has 2 x 8Gb DDR3L memory chips and all is well.
Just a point, if your system is running a 32bit system, it wont do anything for you as 32 bit systems can only see 3.6 Gb of memory so don't waste your money. Also note that DDR3L memory is a lower voltage than DDR3 memory which is 1.5volts. Many new laptops us the lower voltage chips inc MACs and while some say you can put normal DDR3 memory in to a Lenovo laptop, yes it will work but it will overheat the memory controller and flatten your battery quicker.
The unit was well priced, with a fast delivery, Recommended

Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap with Timer Control - White
Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Flap with Timer Control - White
Offered by TradePlus

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat in a Flap, but not for long..., 7 Feb. 2016
Had this unit for about 5 months but only fitted it 3 months ago. BoB (the cat) has taken to it very well and has adapted to the curfew lock (19:00 to 06:00), we have many foxes around at night) Last week I noticed the flap was not closing when BoB went out, to the lock position, I've given it a good clean and it seems ok now. My back door has quite a big step up so I have made a wooden / decking step and this just right for BoB to be at the right height to get in and out easily and is strong enough to withstand my weight. BoB, like most cats these days has been 'micro-chipped' and the flap responds quite well to him with just a slight delay, but he is used to it now.
While I am mostly happy with this unit, I could not recommend it for older users for 2 reasons....
1 The setting up instructions are awful and there is no stencil to help when cutting your door.
2 The 4 batteries are so tight to fit / remove that older people just wont be able to cope.
I'm not sure where AMAZON get their 'was priced' figures from but it was grossly inflated, but it is still a good purchase and for the average handyman should not present any problems with fitting, I would therefore recommend the product......

Learn French In A Hurry: Grasp the Basics of Francais Tout De Suite
Learn French In A Hurry: Grasp the Basics of Francais Tout De Suite

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, but wont get you through your weeks holiday ..., 23 Dec. 2014
Ave-a-vou-a-cupper....!
For very basic, not bad, but wont get you through your weeks holiday in France....

There are better out there such as the BBC Beginners to French guides as used by the Dartford adult education centre. (I wonder if the BBC knows of this copyright infringement?)

Philips Sonicare HX6013/16 ProResults Standard Toothbrush Heads 3-Pack
Philips Sonicare HX6013/16 ProResults Standard Toothbrush Heads 3-Pack
Offered by amy's Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Dec. 2014
A-maz-zing darlings.... my gums nolonger bleed because I brush too hard...

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure where the RRP comes from but I have ..., 23 Dec. 2014
Not sure where the RRP comes from but I have just got a full set (6) of the high capacity Owl units for only £71.84 inc VAT and free UPS delivery direct from Epson...
Check it out

Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine

5.0 out of 5 stars you will love it. JJ Abrahams is a master and has ..., 23 Dec. 2014
Trekers, you will love it.
JJ Abrahams is a master and has saved the franchise... and understand what trekers want from a startrek movie....

High Grade - USB cable for Olympus Digital Cameras - USB CABLE CB-USB5/CB-USB6
High Grade - USB cable for Olympus Digital Cameras - USB CABLE CB-USB5/CB-USB6
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 23 Dec. 2014
Poor file transfer rates to a USB 3 PC.....

Binatone Terrain 750 Twin Walkie Talkie
Binatone Terrain 750 Twin Walkie Talkie

4.0 out of 5 stars I've found a few extras which make this a great buy such as set one unit to transmit on ..., 23 Dec. 2014
Worked very well and now I've used it a few times, I've found a few extras which make this a great buy such as set one unit to transmit on sound activation without any noise from the transmitting unit....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4