Profile for K. Ciucci > Reviews

Content by K. Ciucci

K. Ciucci (Berkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Enjoydeal Women Casual Sport Anti -Slip Yoga Socks Gym Dance Foot Massage Purple
Offered by LED Light Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 20 Oct. 2016
The socks are described as "women's" socks but they were so tiny I couldn't get them anywhere near my heel. (I wear size 7 shoes). They looked like children's socks to me.

David Goldblatt: Photographs
David Goldblatt: Photographs
by David Goldblatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant photographer, 25 Jan. 2013
David Goldblatt is one of my favourite photographers, if not THE favourite. He captures the pathos of human existence without being obvious. The sadness of apartheid whispers rather than shouts from his photographs.

Cutting For Stone
Cutting For Stone
by Abraham Verghese

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books of all time., 25 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cutting For Stone (Paperback)
I think my heading says it all. The story is heart rending and it gripped me from the beginning to the end.

Lifemax 24W High Vision Reading Lamp Black Floor 250.1XBLK
Lifemax 24W High Vision Reading Lamp Black Floor 250.1XBLK
Offered by Betterlife at LloydsPharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 25 Jan. 2013
I use this lamp to do tapestry in the evening in front of the television. It gives me excellent vision and helps me distinguish colours, whilst not bothering the rest of my family.

Anticancer: A New Way of Life
Anticancer: A New Way of Life
by David Servan-Schreiber

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book goos science, 25 Jan. 2013
The sad truth is that often we wait until we get cancer before we start implementing this way of eating. I have to say though, eating like this 100% of the time would be very hard , and most people would lack motivation to stick to this unless they do have cancer, or perhaps someone close to them has cancer. The science is explained brilliantly, and even if I cannot follow it perfectly, I have taken some basic things on board and I try to stick to them. Like sugar feeds cancer, or broccoli, garlic and tumeric fight it. Every little helps!

H & L Russel Ltd 4 Tier White Wire Shoe Rack, Holds Up To 16 Pairs of Shoes, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 25 Jan. 2013
THis shoe rack is sturdy and works well, but really cannot hold 16 pairs of shoes, unless you have very, very dainty feet. Nine pairs fit comfortably.

Seiko QHK018W Bedside Alarm Clock
Seiko QHK018W Bedside Alarm Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely clock, 25 Jan. 2013
I like the colour, the size (big enough to see the time in the middle of the night) and I love the birdsong option for the alarm.

Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love
Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love
by Tula Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty book, 25 Jan. 2013
Pretty book with some lovely photographs, but personally I did not feel inspired to make any of the quilts in it. Maybe it is for the more experienced quilter who wants to do something different from the traditional samplers.

Decorating Master Class
Decorating Master Class
by Ellie Cullman

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 25 Jan. 2013
THis is a beautiful book that you can keep on your coffee table, and it is also fun and inspirational. I love their style - it is traditional and warm. THis book is not for you if you are into contemporary design.

The Essential Sampler Quilt Book
The Essential Sampler Quilt Book
by Lynne Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jan. 2013
I am a complete beginner and have started doing all the samplers in this book. It teaches you a lot of diferent techniques, and although I am a beginner, it looks very professional! I can't ask for more.

Page: 1 | 2