Profile for Thisgirllovesbooks > Reviews

Content by Thisgirllovesbooks

Thisgirllovesbooks (Southampton , UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Animal Women's Rebekka Hooded Long Sleeve Hoodie, Blue (Navy), Size 12
Animal Women's Rebekka Hooded Long Sleeve Hoodie, Blue (Navy), Size 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality But Be Careful With the Sizing., 16 Mar. 2016
I love my hoodie. I bought a size 12 after seeing several comments that the hooded tops are quite small. I found the opposite to be true. Size 12 is overly large for me but I only wanted it to be used for around the house so it isn't too much of an issue.

Colour and Quality is great - even after several months it is still in excellent condition. I would definitely but another but in a smaller size.

Lipsy Women's Lace APP Mesh Body Con Sleeveless Dress, Red (Burgundy), Size 10
Lipsy Women's Lace APP Mesh Body Con Sleeveless Dress, Red (Burgundy), Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Classy, 16 Mar. 2016
A fantastic bargain. Such an amazing dress and it fits really well. THe lace mesh detailing makes for a beautiful dress and I loved the colour. (it's a bit darker than the picture) I've machine washed this and the colour has not faded at all. I would definitely recommend this product.

Vero Moda Women Lullo Sleeveless Peplum Top, Blue (Majolica Blue), Size 10 (Manufacturer Size:Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour and hasn't faded even after several washes, 16 Mar. 2016
Fits really well. Bit of room across the chest but that is due to my own lack of assets. I bought medium and it fits size 10/12 - the material has a bit of give in it to it. Great colour and hasn't faded even after several washes. I would definitely recommend this product.

Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 7)
Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 7)
by Maria V. Snyder

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Return, 16 Mar. 2016
I am always a bit dubious when authors decide to return to a much loved series but I am so glad I gave this book a chance.

The series return to follow Yelena who, no longer a mere poison taster, is tasked with keeping peace between Ixia & Sitia with her powers.

After an attack leaves Yelena powerless, she and her friends must hurry to find her enemies to try and unravel the damage that had been done. The book does not disappoint as many of our favourite characters return in this book.

A brilliant follow up on the series - I cannot wait for the next book.

The Queen's Secret (Lucy Morgan Book 1)
The Queen's Secret (Lucy Morgan Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Queen's Secret (Lucy Morgan Book 1), 16 Mar. 2016
I absolutely loved this book. Lamb has managed to do what very little writers manage to do - retell history in a fashion that draws you in from the very first page. Set in the midst of the royal court during the summer of 1575, we follow as young Lucy Morgan is drawn into a web of intrigue and death plots as a black entertainer for the Queen.

Queen Elizabeth is turned from a figure from my history lessons into a human being with very human problems. Surrounding all of this are the constant death threats and the ever present court controversies. Lamb makes the infamous queen come alive, allowing us to see the problems she would have faced as both a woman and the monarch - a woman that longs for what most people get without question yet she would have to sacrifice everything to make it possible for to be a wife would be to hand over her kingdom to her husband.

Lucy Morgan is an interesting contrast. She is unwittingly drawn into the middle of the court controversies through chance and you can't help but love her innocence as she finds herself stepping the awkward line of her concience and her duty to her queen.

I will definitely be look of for the next book by Lamb as she has managed to bring alive the courts of Queen Elizabeth and I cannot wait to see where she takes the books next

Single Earphone with Mic (3.5mm Jacks) for Desktop PC, Laptop, Home, Office | Ideal for Conferencing, Skype, Online Chat Speak, Msn, Live | Computing Audio Accessories by iChoose®

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad style but ..., 12 April 2014
I bought this last month. Seller was great, the item arrived quickly and in suitable packaging.

The design itself I found a little bit fiddly but once on it was very comfortable.

However my main issue is it didn't work. I'm not too sure if I just received a faulty product but I was all set up for an important video call and in the end it didn't even work. I had to resort to using my phone for audio and my laptop for the camera. Not the most convenient situation.

I'm giving this two stars because it would be a great product if it actually worked!

Flesh Coloured Alien Ear Tips
Flesh Coloured Alien Ear Tips
Offered by Special Days & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear Tips, 17 Jan. 2014
I loved these. They are affordable which means you don't spend half the night hoping you don't lose one.

The ear tips were a little fiddly to get on but the fit was so good that they didn't fall off the entire night. No adhesive was needed with this product though you may want to add some for peace of mind.

The product was comfortable. I had them on for several hours but I could have worn them all night. I would definitely recommend these over the hard plastic elf ears if you are going to be wearing them for long periods of time.

The colouring on the ears was brilliant too. They blended in really well - so much so that my niece thought I had grown some really long ears!

This item is perfect for a bit of cosplay or fancy dress - or even just to scare the children.

Persuaded (The Jane Austen Diaries Book 3)
Persuaded (The Jane Austen Diaries Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Persuaded, 26 Nov. 2012
I love this book series. Although they are designed for people much younger than me, they are an enjoyable read. they will appeal to many as they are loosely based off of the Austen story lines but are modernised and set wholly within the modern day world. Might not sound all that special but the main thing I like is that they are actually clean - I have read so many young adult books and thought that they deserved to be in teh adult section. And even though some have called for the author to make them edgier, with sex and drugs, the writer has stuck to her morals and made these masterpieces.

Any ways, like Persuasion this starts with our lead character turning down the love of the life due to the influence of her friend Kylie and her sister Sydney. Broken hearted, she returns to him to beg for forgiveness but Greg is gone. All our young protagonist can do is live with the heartache of her own making.

Things all change when four years down the line, Greg is back - or is it Gregory. Now she must live with the beautiful man whose heart she broke all those years ago and face the realisation that she might never get the chance to finally tell him how she feels.

For a sweet clean romance, this book is definitely worth the read.

A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance Trilogy Book 1)
A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Forbidden Alliance., 20 Oct. 2012
I remember this being one of the very first of Danae's books that I ever read and it captured me from the start.

The book does something well which many do not, it moves between two POV's but without destroying the book. Even without the headings, the reader can easily tell the difference between chapter narrator by the personalities that come through the writing.

I also love the fact that the characters make light jibes at twilight within the book. It totally works and you can imagine a vampire getting totally annoyed when everyone assumes that they should sparkle. A bit of drama, racial rivalries and of course a healthy dose of romance, this book is a great prelude to the rest of the trilogy. I just can't wait to read it :)

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James

2.0 out of 5 stars Too repetitive., 20 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
I admit that I jumped on the bandwagon with the rest of the public but this book did not live up the hype at all.

The book follows Anastasia who, after a stroke of fate, is thrown into an unplanned and slightly awkward meeting with Christian Grey. He is everything a mother would want for their daughter, handsome wealthy and enigmatic. But there is something darker laying under the surface.
As Anastasia and Mr Grey's initial meeting becomes something more, Anastasia soon learns that there are too many shades to her Mr Grey.

In the initial hype, I assumed this book was going to knock my socks off. Instead, I found myself disliking Anastasia who allowed herself to be domineered by the overbearing Mr Grey who demands control in every part of their life. I just find it difficult to identify with a woman, who had been so independant at the beginning of the book, who allows herself to become subserviant to him.

As for the bedroom play - well I was expecting something more. It is all too repetitive and hardly as revolutionary as people were making out. An erotica novel probably has more in it than this. I won't even bother reading the second book which I unfortunately purchased at the same time as the first. Definitely not money well spent.

Page: 1 | 2