Profile for RCW > Reviews

Top Gun [DVD] [1986]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Top Gun, of course it's 5 stars!, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Top Gun [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
I was there when it first came out so it goes without saying that I love it! Watched it with a 12 year old boy and he loved it too so it still works despite a) being "slower" than modern equivalents (it seemed wall to wall action back when I was a kid - when did we get so desensitised to action movies!?) b) still having the same cheese factor it already had in buckets!
I resisted the temptation to quote along with it... ....most of the time! ;)

Yeehaa Jester's dead!

Canon Selphy CP-740
Canon Selphy CP-740
Offered by MCO SUPPLIES UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic photo printer, 6 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Canon Selphy CP-740 (Electronics)
I've had one of these for over two years now and I think it's great. This makes genuine photo quality photos like you used to get down the 1 hour photo shop! I've got a "photo quality" standard A4 printer too but it doesn't come near to this for glossy bright photos. Yes it's comparatively expensive for the ink and paper sets (starting from about 38p/print if you buy a 36 print pack to about 25p if you buy your ink kits in bulk) but it doesn't use wet ink so can't dry up if you don't use it for a while and the prints just don't fade at all (apparently they're good for 100 years but I can't vouch for that!). Excellent for making that special album/scrap book.

Silicone Shell Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 / Yellow Design
Silicone Shell Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 / Yellow Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't lose your phone with this one!, 5 Jun. 2012
Cheap and cheerful phone cover, fits well, cut outs in the right places etc, and makes the phone easy to find and will protect the phone from day to day wear and tear. Does exactly what it needs to do.

Berlitz: Malta Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Malta Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
by Berlitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket guide book, 5 Jun. 2012
This handy book gives loads of info about the history and the places of interest on the archipelago and has been really useful for planning our trip. Its allowed us to pick the bits that will most interest us (we've only got a week in Malta) and gives plenty of detail to keep curious minds satisfied. I like the page that gives the pronunciation of various places too.
The sections on restaurants and hotels aren't particularly of interest to us but when the book is so reasonably priced having "surplus" sections isn't really an issue. It certainly contains the info we did want.

Musto BOYS L/S Rash Vest in Black
Musto BOYS L/S Rash Vest in Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great youths UV protection top, 5 Jun. 2012
Great adult type styling, looks like "the real thing" as opposed to a child's top so gets the cool factor sorted straight away.
Its a little short in the arms for my step son but we always struggle in this area as he's slender but long limbed so this shouldn't detract from the review. Good collar height so will work well at protecting the neck when used as a base layer under a wetsuit.

TBF RASH VEST LONG SLEEVE - adult mens base layer, BLUE, M LONG
TBF RASH VEST LONG SLEEVE - adult mens base layer, BLUE, M LONG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great topp, great price, 5 Jun. 2012
Great UV resisting top. Good sleeve length - usually struggle to find any long sleeve tops that are actually long enough in the arms but this is spot on. Good collar height too so will be great for protecting against wetsuit rub in this area when using as a base layer.

Insight Flexi Map: Malta (Insight Flexi Maps)
Insight Flexi Map: Malta (Insight Flexi Maps)
by Apa
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Really neat map, 5 Jun. 2012
A tough two sided map with plenty of detail - Its only been used for planning our trip so far (not going until July) but it's been really useful for that. It's suprisingly strong and wipe cleanable which usually adds bulk to maps but as Malta is so small the map is still really compact! I think it will be really useful if you're planning to do any travelling on the island (and why else would you be there!) whether by bike, public transport, car or on foot. It's not OS standard but it's still far more detailed than I was expecting and hopefully will get us to lots of places off the beaten track.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for freeview *****, no good for iTunes. *, 21 Mar. 2012
I bought this so I could take the iPad away on holiday instead of the laptop - we use the laptop to download photos as we go along and to watch films through a projector in the evenings/wet weather. So I've just dug out the holiday projector (acer DLP) and plugged it in via a VGA cable and the output is great, nice clear pictures for viewing photos etc. I then connected it to the household projector (optoma DLP) and once again got great pictures. I then stuck on the BBC iplayer and watched an episode of Being Human. Once again great playback - once I'd found the most appropriate output size on the projectors menu (obviously it starts looking a bit ropey when it gets over 1.5m picture). Freeview plays back happily via TV Catch up too. So all excellent news - right up to when I tried playing a film from iTunes - and found that I can't. >:(
Apparently some movies have such tight security controls to prevent piracy that they won't play back through the iPad if it's connected to another device such as a TV or projector. So now I can't actually watch a legally purchased film on the big screen through my iPad - although according to some of the internet forums you can watch illegally downloaded ones without any issues... this doesn't seem to make much sense if the point is to prevent piracy. /:{ (the same movie WILL playback through my laptop and projector btw....)
Anyway as I've never illegally downloaded a film in my life I'm not about to start doing so now but it seems that iTunes should make it a bit clearer when customers are purchasing digital copies that up-sizing the output isn't possible through an iPad, and I thought I'd best make a point of it on here as, if you are buying one of these purely to watch your (legally) downloaded iTunes content on a bigger interface, you're going to be disappointed. Apparently there's apps available that will let you copy your own DVDs and it'll play those back through VGA but you'll need to rip them through a computer first - not really the ideal. I was trying to move forward in to a digital age where I didn't need to store lumps of plastic on a shelf in the real world - but hey, that's progress! XD
So for watching wi-fi supported tv, giving presentations and playing back homemade videos, holiday photos etc: 10/10 and highly recommended.
For watching iTunes purchased/rented movies on a bigger screen: 0/10 - cos you can't! :(

HD Zone's Windscreen In Car Suction Mount Holder with FULL 360 Degrees Rotation For Apple ipad 1 and iPad 2/iPad 3 3rd generation (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G) 16GB 32GB 64GB also suitable for All e-pads Like Blackberry,Samsung Etc...
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for cars!, 17 Mar. 2012
Bought this stand for my iPad 2 - mostly so I could watch TV in the bath! I've not had it stuck to a windscreen yet but it has been: stuck to the kitchen tiles whilst I've been reading recipes, to a glass placemat whilst watching the iplayer having tea, and stuck to my wooden bedhead whilst watching freeview! It has also been stuck to the window of my conservatory! It's well made, sturdy and the sucker is big and effective. It's double hinged with push operated releases and the final adjuster is a thumbscrew locked ball joint so there's loads of position adjustment. The piece that clips around the iPad (or whatever device) is secure and is adjustable for different sizes and thicknesses and is padded to protect the item. With my hard crystal type protector on the holder is still quite close to its minimum thickness setting so thicker gadgets (up to around 20mm by my estimation) will fit securely. This piece of the stand just slides onto the sucker mounting bit so is easily dismountable from the main part and I keep it attached to the iPad most of the time as it makes a useful grab handle for holding on to. Leaving this bit on also means its tilted slightly when you lay it down which means the picture always stays rotated one way which is a additional bonus!
I like it and will probably buy a second one so I have a permanent tv stand in the bathroom and the other in the kitchen! :D

Fosmon Crystal Hard Case Back Cover for Apple iPad 3 "The New iPad" 4G LTE, iPad HD and iPad 2 3G+Wifi Compatible with Smart Cover (Clear) + Free 1 Pack Transparent Crystal Clear Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cover, 17 Mar. 2012
Bought for my iPad 2 and it's spot on. It's more flexible than I imagined - I've only had rubberised type covers for my smart phone before as I thought this type of cover would be somehow brittle but it's kind of strong but pliable. It clips on securely and is pretty unobtrusive. It does the job nicely (the free screen cover is useful too!). Recommended

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6