Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Pamela Young" (Bolton UK)

GMC DEC003AC Multi-Function Rotary Tool 135 W
GMC DEC003AC Multi-Function Rotary Tool 135 W

5.0 out of 5 stars great piece of kit., 31 Mar. 2016
Great piece of kit, arrived promptly. Easy to use and very efficient

Silverline 247820 Silverstorm Power Belt File of 13 mm, 260 W
Silverline 247820 Silverstorm Power Belt File of 13 mm, 260 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit., 31 Mar. 2016
Great piece of kit, arrived promptly. Easy to use and very efficient

Endoscope, Inspection Camera Digital 2.4 Inch Waterproof IP67 10mm Diameter Digital Snake Camera Handheld Borescope Inspection Camera JETERY
Offered by lanserring

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit., 31 Mar. 2016
Great piece of kit, arrived promptly. Clear picture after an easy set up. Well satisfied.

A Time For Friends
A Time For Friends
by Patricia Scanlan

5.0 out of 5 stars As Always Patricia Scanlan writes beautifully about real people and real situations, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Time For Friends (Hardcover)
As Always Patricia Scanlan writes beautifully about real people and real situations, and I could not put the book down until I finished, and then I was sorry that I had reached the end.
I can relate and empathise with her characters and story lines because she writes about real life, its ups and downs, conditional and unconditional love. Her characters are always memorable.
In A Time for friends we are shown the effects of prejudice, abuse, betrayal as well as the power of love, forgiveness and integrity. We are shown that we do have a choice on how to respond in all situations. We can overcome. We can change. We can ‘come through’
I Love this book.
Pamela

The Secret History of Dante: Unearthing the Mysteries of the Inferno
The Secret History of Dante: Unearthing the Mysteries of the Inferno

5.0 out of 5 stars A Compelling read, 20 May 2013
I feel compelled to visit Florence now! Whether you are student of philosophy, art history, literature or theology, enjoy thinking about the evolution of consciousness, or just love a mystery, The Secret History of Dante is a fascinating read. Jonathan Black writes with a clarity that is remarkable considering the deep knowledge he imparts about Dante's life and times, his challenges, his loves and losses. He ties together the people, the place, the politics, the secret knowledge, religion and the culture underlying Dante's Inferno, making it come alive to us, whether it is understood purely on an historical level or on the esoteric level which reveals the human journey both spiritually and psychologically. I also loved his Secret History of the World and I hope Jonathan Black writes more of these short, individual histories.

P. Young.

by Jonathan Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful magical read, 5 Feb. 2008
What a gift this Christmas present was.

If you have ever asked your Self "Who am I, Why am I here, What is consciousness? " Then this is the book for you.

The Secret Doctrines, privy only to the Initiated until now, is being revealed to the Masses because intellectually and Intuitively we are ready and hungry, and this body of Work fulfills the Criteria wholeheartedly.

I have read extensively in my quest for Esoteric knowledge, but I have not come across a book like this before.

Most books on the subject are dry, difficult to understand and deal only with fragments from the Mystery Schools of Thought, giving just a taster to wet our appetites.
The Secret History of the World, on the other hand, sits us down and serves us a full blown banquet!

Jonathan Black sets out, and achieves, a concise and chronological history of what drives consciousness in its many forms of realities. He leads us through the evolutionary stages of the unconscious, collective psyche to the present day of the Individual, Ego of the 'I' in its quest for the 'I AM'.

Jonathan weaves beautifully, and effortlessly, the Sacred and Profane workings of Spirit through Humanity in its desire to 'Know Thyself' and in knowing we are enlightened to find our way back.

He makes an academic and rational examination of the irrational 'other inner worlds' very readable, exciting, authentic and real. He does this because he integrates our many dimensional ways of experiencing the world through the intuitive, emotional, rational and historical responses to life from the perspectives, the correspondences, and the parallel journeys of the personal and collective Consciousness.

Metaphysicians, People working with Spirit and Angels, and philosophers alike, will find this book absorbing and inspiring. It is a gift from Spirit to anyone who is questing on the Path of self realization.

I love this book and its revelations, and I shall read it time and time again as there is so much to chew over.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2008 8:10 PM BST

by Jonathan Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A review by Pamela Young, 21 Jan. 2008
The SECRET HISTORY of the WORLD

What a gift this Christmas present was.

Most books on the subject are dry, difficult to understand and deal only with fragments from the Mystery Schools of Thought, giving just a taster to whet our appetites.

He makes an academic and rational examination of the irrational 'other inner worlds' very readable, exciting, authentic and real. He does this because he integrates our many dimensional ways of experiencing the world through the intuitive, emotional, rational and historical responses to life from the perspectives, the correspondences, and the parallel journeys of the personal and the collective Consciousness.

I love this book and its revelations, and I shall read it time and time again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2008 8:14 PM BST