Profile for H Pedder > Reviews

Content by H Pedder

H Pedder "bookworm" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HoMedics Facial Cleansing Brush with Four Attachments
HoMedics Facial Cleansing Brush with Four Attachments

3.0 out of 5 stars All the right things but just not for me, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I feel like I should like this more than I do. All of the ingredients are there for success: the attachments feel super soft, the head is compact and simple to use, it comes with a neat stand for storage.

But.

I've used the soft bristle head and the tougher silicone head, with various cleansers and soaps, and... I don't get it. It doesn't do anything for me! I don't feel like it's really cleansing my skin more or better than a muslin cloth. I get drips of water down my arm as I have to keep wetting the brush head to avoid friction on my skin. My cleansers don't lather so I have to keep adding to it.

Saying that, the design is great, the price is good, the principle is spot on. It just doesn't seem to do it for me.

Judy Hall's Complete Crystal Workshop
Judy Hall's Complete Crystal Workshop
by Judy Hall

4.0 out of 5 stars A workshop in a book, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know pretty much nothing about crystals, but approached this book with an open mind. The verdict? Well I now have a lot of knowledge at my fingertips in this book!

It is easy to read, very digestible for the crystal novice, and interesting too! Granted, I'm not saying I buy into all of the stuff here but if you wanted to begin to explore what crystals may or may not offer you, this is a great book to begin with.

It's more of a workbook than a plain old book, and in fact Judy Hall states that it's based on the contents of her workshops which is evident in the book. There are so many opportunities for you to make your own inquiries into crystals and their powers. It provides loads of encouragement and exercises to experiment and reflect.

It'd probably be a useful book for someone who is already familiar with crystals, because the exercises are thought provoking and offer space to journal your experiences, so it's more than just a 'how to' book.

Sharpie Clearview Standard Highlighter - Assorted Colours, Pack of 4
Sharpie Clearview Standard Highlighter - Assorted Colours, Pack of 4
Offered by LPC Stationers

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious! I love them., 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's the simple things that make me happy, and being able to see the text I'm highlighting is one of those things. Yes, a standard highlighter does the job, but these ingenious pens make it so much easier and neater! Being able to see the text through the clear nib as you highlight means you can be much more precise. The colours are bright, there's no smudging, and they last for ages! Love them.

3M LX500 Laptop/Notebook Riser Stand
3M LX500 Laptop/Notebook Riser Stand

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item received,but the LX550 is not that great!, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, it was the incorrect item received. I got the 3M LX550, which is of an entirely different design, but costs a little less at about £30. So this review is in relation to that item.

For £30 I'd expect a heck more substance for my money. It is a compact laptop stand that can just about accommodate a 15.3in. laptop, any more would feel unstable (nowhere on the packaging or instructions does it advise on maximum size). It can be easily adjusted in height but at its highest I thought my laptop would topple forward! It has rubber edging which does help it feel surprisingly gripped when on a lower setting at least.

It is a reasonable compact stand but is probably twice the price it ought to be and wasn't even what I'd ordered!

Schwarzkopf got2b Crazy 4 Sleek Days Heat-Activated Straightening Spray 200 ml - Pack of 6

4.0 out of 5 stars Great straight locks without over-straightening, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is really great for my fine, straight (albeit fluffy) hair. Spritzed on towel dried hair, I can rough dry it with nothing but a hairdryer and my hands, and my hair looks sleek and straight with a soft tousle, it's ideal. If I then use straighteners the result is poker straight hair, perfect for a special occasion.

It doesn't weigh my hair down and doesn't seem to leave a residue.

I've knocked one star off for three reasons. 1: I don't like the smell, it's overpowering and synthetic, a real in your face orange scent. Yuck. 2: it doesn't seem to last the full 4 days as promised. Even overnight my hair ends up with some of its usual kinks. 3: it doesn't seem to contain any heat protection element, or if it does it doesn't say so. For a product designed for use with heating stylers you'd have thought it would be protective.

It's a great value product though, I would recommend it.

Ultrasport Women's Running Tights Long Fitness Sports grey Grau-Melange/Coral Size:S

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish sports leggings, 5 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really stylish sports leggings, with an eye-catching neon mesh panel on the back of each leg. They have a tie cord waist, no pockets. I'm a size 8 and 5'4" and they fit surprisingly well, not too long and perfect fit around the waist. The bottom of the legs were a little loose but this isn't a bad thing as it allows the ankles to breathe.

The material is soft and stretchy, and they're rather flattering. My only issue is with the tie cord on the waist, it's like a shoelace cord, so doesn't really look right as it protrudes evidently through the material around the waist, and it also feels like it easily digs in if you tie it fractionally too tight.

AMELIORATE Skin Smoothing Body Polish 150 ml
AMELIORATE Skin Smoothing Body Polish 150 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product just note the word of caution about sun exposure, 5 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This smells as lovely as the other products in the range, reminiscent of talcum powder maybe, I find it a subtly clean scent. The granules are very small, and the consistency is thick enough to just be able to slather it on your thighs without incident.

Apply to dry skin, leave it for a moment, then rinse off in the shower or bath. It rinses easily and afterwards skin is left extremely soft.

Generally, I love this. Using it once a week, and combining it with a moisturising regime really has smoothed my thighs.

BUT. The fact that it contains AHAs, giving it that micro dermabrasion effect, means your skin is more sensitive (particularly to sun exposure). The recommendation is you don't expose skin (that's had this applied) to sun for a week after. Not great if you're after smooth skin prior to holiday!

HoMedics Dual Shiatsu Foot Massager
HoMedics Dual Shiatsu Foot Massager

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited market and function, but good for the few, 5 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I personally think this feels GREAT. And I'm very ticklish, but you can really get a firm kneading with this so it's fine! However, my husband did not enjoy the sensation at all. End of.

So a big part of how much this is a good product depends on personal preference for a foot massage from a nobbly machine.

The two foot placeholders fit my feet great (I'm size 5) but my husband's size 10s were way too big, and I think that was part of the problem. He couldn't find the right spot to place his feet.

There are 2 settings: on, and on with 'heat', which is more of a gentle warming than heated noticeably.

For the price, I'd expect this to...well, do more. Different speeds up movement patterns or something. It has a very limited use for limited small-footed people. It strikes me as the kind of thing that some people may think is wonderful for a week then end up selling it at a car boot sale 12 months on. However, for people on their feet all day this MIGHT be a good investment.

Burt's Bees  Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia 4.25 g
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia 4.25 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Berry scent, gorgeous tinted balm, 30 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just gorgeous. So moisturising, smells good enough to eat, goes on like a dream. A quick slick and it gives a subtle plummy hint of colour. Apply a couple of layers and it looks like you have been eating summer berries in a rather seductive way ;-)

AMELIORATE Skin Softening Bathing Powder 350 g
AMELIORATE Skin Softening Bathing Powder 350 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my sensitive skin, can finally enjoy a bath soak!, 29 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ameliorate products are designed (primarily) as a skin moisturising aid to combat keratosis pilaris - those small red bumps you can get typically on the backs of your arms and top of the legs. The idea is that the first stage in clearing KP is skin moisturisation and gentle exfoliation. I don't suffer from KP but do have sensitive skin, another ailment which this product also claims to help.

This is a big tub of fine powder which reminds me of talcum powder in appearance and smell! It comes with a small scoop, so just 1-2 scoops under running water is all that's needed (so the tub should last a while!). The water turns cloudy (or milky) with a few bubbles.

It's a delightful bathing experience. The water actually feels soft, there's no powder residue, and the scent is lovely. Afterwards, my skin doesn't feel dry or tight, and this does not irritate my sensitive skin.

The company website says the products are not tested on animals but it doesn't bear the leaping bunny logo so I couldn't be sure the entire ingredient supply chain is cruelty free. Their website also says they don't use parabens. Shelf life once opened is recommended 12 months.

I'm likely to buy this again once the tub (eventually!) runs out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20