Profile for Wappinglion > Reviews

Content by Wappinglion

Wappinglion

Dussel Professional Cabin Bag 55 X 40 X 20 cm : Laptop Carry-On Bag for Easyjet / Ryanair / British Airways up to 17" Notebooks [BLACK]
Offered by Düssel

1.0 out of 5 stars Bag just about lasted 6 trips before falling apart, 4 Oct. 2015
I have had this just over a year and it has fallen apart. Firstly the zip for the large compartment broke. Secondly the shoulder straps are coming away from the bag.

The shoulder straps are not particularly comfortable.

I have replaced it with a more robust backpack with a 10 year guarantee

How to Prioritize Your Project Portfolio Using Conteneo Collaboration Games: A Playbook in the Epic Wins Series

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good content but also too pushy in promoting the company behind the games, 11 Feb. 2014
I really liked:
1. Games change “me”perspectives to “we” perspectives - games techniques give effective ways for employees to build relationships and the chance to rise above traditional organisational silos.
2. The part about the ‘ROI lie’ resonated with my experiences in investment banking.
I really dis-liked the continual promotion of Conteneo
The games themselves:
• “Knowsy” – although the book is aimed at portfolio management, I thought I could apply the game as an ice breaker for forming new agile teams and defining the team values.
• “Prune the Future” – I can see that visualisation for selecting or de-selecting project or product feature selection. Either the book needs more detail or we need to collectively try the free sample game on the innovationgames website.
• “Buy a project” – the core game in the book. Described well and I believe I would personallyapply it more to selecting stories for a release or sprint, than for portfolio management. In discussing with a fellow reader we worked through how a tournament would run – I like the way this gave a company wide consensus and buy in. .
• “Fund a Project” – not enough information

The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development
by Donald G. Reinertsen

4.0 out of 5 stars A very valuable book for agile development, 22 Jan. 2014
I read this book as part of an agile book club - we all read a book per month and then meet up to share our perspectives on the book chosen.

I did find it a challenge to read, and many parts I had to read twice or more. Had it not been for the group I may have struggled to finish it. There is quite a lot of mathematics in it, which can be difficult for some.

However, the book conveys some very good ideas. The economics give you a common value for making choices between different product development options. The parts on design in process inventory, cost of delay and life cycle profits will help our agile teams to give the best value to the customer.

I really appreciated the differentiation made throughout the book between manufacturing (the basis of a lot of lean thinking) and product development, which has variability, is non repetitive and non-homogeneous.

The chapters on managing queues, exploiting variability, reduced batch size, fast feedback and decentralised control were really informative.

I am really pleased that I have read this book. At times I struggled, but the journey was worth it. I will keep this book on my desk and refer to it often.