Profile for Hd Van Tonder > Reviews

Content by Hd Van Tonder

Hd Van Tonder "Bookworm" (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Vegetable Spiralizer - Spiral Noodles Zucchini Spaghetti Pasta Maker - Best Veggie and Fruit Spiralizing Vegete Cutter Cheese Slicer Food Slicer Mandoline Slicer Non Slip Grip and Free Recipe Ebook (Green)
Offered by UKcustomerfirst

Spiralizer Cookbook: 120 Inspirational Low Carb Recipes the Essential Low Carb Diet Spiralizer Cookbook
by Craig Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Not inspiring, 11 Mar. 2017
There is not one single image in the book that shows what the dishes look like.
Unfortunately it doesn't inspire.

Tonia Todman's Candlewicking Book
Tonia Todman's Candlewicking Book
by Tonia Todman

4.0 out of 5 stars Stitch by stitch, 25 May 2016
Good explanation of different stitches with images. Exactly what I needed.

Rebellion
Rebellion
by Nora Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Dsappointing, 26 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Rebellion (Paperback)
I LOVE Norah Roberts' books - but this one was disappointing. Just couldn't get into it. A bit stereotypical. I feel a bit disloyal saying so but didn't even finish the book.

Delonghi 5513290061 500g Vacuum Coffee Canister
Delonghi 5513290061 500g Vacuum Coffee Canister

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the best, 26 Sept. 2015
We love this canister so much we've bought three already after we received ours as a gift. If you like fresh coffee grounds then this one is for you.

The Innocent (Will Robie Series)
The Innocent (Will Robie Series)
by David Baldacci

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, 26 Sept. 2015
I read the book before I read the reviews. The begiining was disjointed and I found it difficult to get the rythm of the book. The style came across as stilted initially but a 1/3 into the book it became more fluid and easy to read. I found I couldn't put it down and really wanted to finish it. The fragmented beginning made a lot of sense later in the book and I thought it was very clever. One criticism Is that the antagonist character in the end could have been developed a bit more.
All in all I enjoyed the book, I enjoyed the plot and yes maybe the plot was a bit fancifull - but it's fiction after all.

Spud - The Madness Continues
Spud - The Madness Continues
by John van de Ruit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading!, 19 Jun. 2010
Following SPUD.... I found the second book a tad less exciting than the first - perhaps because SPUD was SOOOO good - yet reading "the madness continues.." I had moments of laughing so much that I was literally rolling on the floor. Once again John van de Ruit is brilliant in depicting the life of an 'almost' marginalised boy and his 'almost' dysfunctional family. Hopefully there will be a third - this will be a collectors piece in the future.

Spud
Spud
by John van de Ruit

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Exciting and fun, 19 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Spud (Paperback)
I LOVED spud!! I picked it up by chance in the library and I was thrilled when I read it. Poignant,sad, funny, rich and ...did I say funny?? If you like easy going reading, laugh-from-the-belly, teary eyed reading - then this book is for you.

Do yourself a favour.... read this book!

The Compassionate Mind (Compassion Focused Therapy)
The Compassionate Mind (Compassion Focused Therapy)
by Paul Gilbert

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted, 19 Jun. 2010
I bought the Compassionate Mind with very high expectations as it was highly recommended to use in complex cases. Unfortunately the structure and lay-out doesn't make it easy reading and often I found it to be a bit fluffy. I think Paul has developed the compassionate mind model after writing this book and would probably use it more to save time and be more goal directed. I must add reading the compassionate mind takes concentration and focus - not light bedtime reading. In saying that I loved the second part of the book that is aimed at developing the compassionate self. Perhaps if the first part was a bit tighter and more condensed I would have found more value in it.

The Ocd Workbook: Your Guide to Breaking Free from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
by Bruce M. Hyman

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just another book on OCD, 17 Feb. 2010
I bought this book as a novice therapist, wanting something to use that is practical and straight forward. The fact that the book is written from a patients' and clinicians' viewpoint add value to it. I especially like the fact that family involvement is discussed in detail and healthy and unhealthy support are highlighted. Reassurance which often colludes with OCD is also discussed in a gentle and compassionate way - including tips of how to reduce unhealthy ways of support. Also valuable is the chapter on mindfulness. It is one of the few books discussing religious scruples and choosing the right therapist. I would recommend it for therapists and clients.

Page: 1 | 2