Profile for Clark Lambert > Reviews

Content by Clark Lambert

Clark Lambert

Page: 1 | 2
SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case Slim [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Air Cushioned Protective Case with Dual Layer for Nexus 5 - Infinity White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 14 July 2014
I always sell my phone second hand in order to trade up, so I like to keep my phone in a good condition as I can.
This is a very thin and sleek looking case and could not fit the phone any better.
I almost never drop my phone but I did once in Tesco, from about chest hight (I'm 6'1") onto the hard tile floor, the case was on and not a single issue. Protected it great and had it not been on, would have destroyed my phone.
Only regret was not going for the black on black version, the white is fine but I like the more tactical look, just got the white for something different.
Spigen is a great brand, this if the first time I have had one of their cases but have used their screen protectors for years, they are high quality but you usually pay for it. Got mine at £16 but would have paid more, it is that good quality.

Profoot Memory Insole - Men's 2-Layer Orthotic Design Footcare New Pack Of
Profoot Memory Insole - Men's 2-Layer Orthotic Design Footcare New Pack Of

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great not horrible., 14 July 2014
Its ok for the money I guess.
They where great for the first few weeks, but after spending 9 hours a day 5 days a week on them they soon wear down and no longer provide support or cushion.
If only they could keep their form for longer they would be perfect.
Bit of a shame but I guess you could buy a pair every 2-3 months but that would become quite expensive.

Columbia Mens M Peakfreak Enduro Outdry Multisport Shoes BM3841 Black/Chili 8 UK, 42 EU, 9 US

4.0 out of 5 stars Got a deal so great for the money!, 14 July 2014
Considering I got these for £31 they are amazing.
But....
They do fit as expected (which is good because some Columbia stuff runs a bit small).
They are really quite stiff because of the Outdry, but that is a trade off to be expected for the best waterproofing you can get in a shoe.
Not to most comfortable shoe I have but I a good pair of insoles fixes that.
I would not pay more than £50-60 for these shoes, there are plenty of other Outdry shoes out there that may be more comfy, so just look out for a good deal.
The waterproofing is as good as they say, at leas with my limited mileage (stuck them under the bath tap and put the garden hose on them and no leaks.
Only had them a few weeks so don't know how they will be in a couple years time.
Also big thing to note, the toes are a soft material and I scuff them a lot at my job, I can see it wearing thin already and imagine the stitching will go as well (I am buying some Sugru to put on the toes to make them more durable).

Timex Expedition Fullsize Watch with Black Dial - T49803SU
Timex Expedition Fullsize Watch with Black Dial - T49803SU

2.0 out of 5 stars the hoop on the watch band broke and the one I have now is even worse. The chronograph has broken, 14 July 2014
On my second one of these.
The first one, the hoop on the watch band broke and the one I have now is even worse.
The chronograph has broken, non of the 3 hands (min, sec and 1/20th sec) will reset to their start position.
The glass has chipped on the watch face.

I am very rough on watches but this is the most expensive one I have ever owned and would expect a lot more for the money I paid.
I have had £15 watches that lasted longer and where more reliable.
I think Timex as a hole is not as good as it used to be.
I think I will be moving to Casio G-Shock from now on, hopefully they are as good as people say, don't think I will buy Timex again, its a shame though because "indiglo" is amazing and the best backlight illumination on any watch.

gorillagard Matte, Self Healing, Drop Fit Screen Protector For HTC One X
gorillagard Matte, Self Healing, Drop Fit Screen Protector For HTC One X

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 22 Mar. 2014
Not the easiest screen protector to apply, collects bubbles and dust more than others I have used. The biggest let down is the clarity, it just completely destroys the beautiful screen and I ended up removing it and trowing it in the bin after just a few minutes. The problem is that as the resolution of screen is getting higher you need a screen protector with better clarity, to get this you really have to pay out for a premium screen protector. I would rather have my screen scratched than have something on it all the time that makes me enjoy it a lot less.

LG Nexus 5 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
LG Nexus 5 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great, 22 Mar. 2014
It is about right for the price point, there is not orange peel effect when viewing the screen in daylight but the is a lose of resolution. the Nexus 5 is a 1080p screen and this protector does lower the viewing quality. That said, I have had a LOT of screen protectors over the years and this one was one of the easiest to apply I have ever used, went straight on no problems, no bubbles and no curled edges, the size is about 1/2mm too small, but they do this because it is better than having them to big, and I have a phone case that coves up the edges that the screen protector does not quite reach and I am talking a hairs width, nothing to complain about compared to some other protectors I have had. The feel of it is a bit sticky, as in your fingers do not glide across it but I think it is getting smother with use, also finger prints do not wipe away very easily. I am probably not selling it to you but you get what you pay for, the quality is bang on for the price and if you want a better one you will be paying £11-£25.

Allen NBRKUWHH 1 Mini Universal Windscreen
Allen NBRKUWHH 1 Mini Universal Windscreen

1.0 out of 5 stars Well its cheap, but you get what you pay for!, 17 Dec. 2012
This is just awful, the mettle mount disk that is supposed to stick to the dash, so that the holder has a flat surface to stick to, does not stick to the dash, it keeps coming off. In the end I scraped off the sticky foam on the bottom of the disk and super glued it to the dash (I have a very old cheap crappy car, lol) Even when and if you get the disk to stick to the dash, on mine the holder part has a twisting lock ring and it does not stay locked, so you either have to keep tightening it while you are driving (which is a bit unsafe) or it just goes loose, it will stay on but it is not solid. Over all, wishing I had got something else. Not a good product, too cheap!

Intex - 68976 Comfort-Top Mattress 152 x 203 x 23 "
Intex - 68976 Comfort-Top Mattress 152 x 203 x 23 "

5.0 out of 5 stars Best airbed I have ever used, 17 Dec. 2012
This is the best airbed I have ever used, I have used a LOT. My wife and I had to sleep on one for almost a year and it was god awfull, woke up every morning on the floor. I have only used this one once but we used it for a week straight while camping, only lost a tiny bit of air over the whole night and just quickly topped it off with the built in pump which works great! Not expensive at all either, best value for money I could find anywhere!

Icy Box IB-AC642 Adapter for 2.5 inch SSD/HDD Laptop Extension for Slim DVD Bay and Slim DVD External Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, very good upgrade for laptop., 17 Dec. 2012
This is a brilliant invention and one that is a must have for laptops. My laptop comes with one hard drive bay (like most non custom laptops) and I had upgraded it to a solid state drive (120gb) and I was just getting annoyed plugging an external drive in and out all the time and seeing as I never used my optical drive, it made sense to install this. It works flawlessly and has very good build quality, so even though it is a bit expensive, it is well worth the price. I love the usb caddy for the optical drive is brushed aluminum and works perfect. Can't recommend this enough!

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Network adapter - PCI Express Half Mini Card - 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n

5.0 out of 5 stars Good improvement., 17 Dec. 2012
I upgraded to this from an Intel Centrino 1000. This is quite a noticeable improvement, especially at uni where my connection used to be really slow.

Page: 1 | 2