Profile for Mrs. J. Papworth > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Papworth

Mrs. J. Papworth (UK)

Leather Wallet Case - Lightweight Premium Genuine Italian Leather Case With Lifetime Guarantee for Apple iPhone by VELCONN™ (Noble-Black, iPhone 6 / 6S)
Offered by Velconn

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Nov. 2015
Very pleased with the quality of this item

Money Maze
Money Maze

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish. One got the ball bearing stuck and ..., 29 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Money Maze (Toy)
Absolute rubbish. One got the ball bearing stuck and the second one I bought fell apart with very little use.

Shopaholic to the Stars: (Shopaholic Book 7) (Shopaholic Series)
Shopaholic to the Stars: (Shopaholic Book 7) (Shopaholic Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Book 1 of 2 ?? (but it doesn't say that on the cover!), 18 Oct. 2014
Even if you are a big Shopaholic fan like I was, don't waste your money buying this. The book ends with most of the loose ends left dangling paving the way for Shopaholic to the stars book 2. The cover should say 'book 1 of 2' Thank goodness someone warned me before I got to the end so I was let down more gently.
What on earth is Minnie doing all day while Becky is swanning around? No mention of this apart from Suze having her a few times? Most odd.
Becky has become ridculous and unlikeable.
Wish I hadn't read this.

John Whaite Bakes: Recipes for Every Day and Every Mood
John Whaite Bakes: Recipes for Every Day and Every Mood

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix of recipes, 1 April 2014
Every time I dip into this book, I find a recipe to suit my mood be it a family pudding, a knock their socks off dinner party desert or a flatbread to satisfy my carb craving. I was impressed with the easy to follow instructions which meant I made baguettes for the first time ever! My favourite, though, has to be the chewy breakfast bars which are just amazingly delicious and perfect for lunch boxes as well.

John Whaite Bakes At Home
John Whaite Bakes At Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, 1 April 2014
I love the Kitchen Tips at the start of the book which have given me some new ideas. I especially like the tip about greasing old baking tins where the non-stick is non too good. I have earmarked several recipes to try which sound delicious. I think some recipe books can rehash things seen before but this book has genuine new ideas that have surprised me. I'm looking forward to trying the giant butterscotch Chelsea bun with my family as it looks an easy enough recipe to follow (especially with a Kitchen Aid) but to give an impressive result. There is a nice mix of easier and harder recipes so that some are more challenging eg the mango and coconut mousse cake which would be great for an unusual dinner party pudding. However, other recipes are easy enough for my children to have a go at making them and enjoying the results. The pictures are to drool over but I would have liked at least one per recipe. Love the tips on each recipe eg don't put the fudge to set in the fridge as they remove the element of doubt.

The Sultan's Tigers
The Sultan's Tigers

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good adventure book, 11 Sept. 2013
Thank goodness for a book my son and I can read together that isn't about monsters or vampires! A real adventure book that is entirely credible and well written. Hope for more adventures to come

Game Of Life Zapped
Game Of Life Zapped

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant updated version of this game, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Game Of Life Zapped (Toy)
I played Game of Life as a child but this up to date version is just brilliant and we all spent 3 hours last night playing 2 games. The spinner is on the ipad and you move around the board as normal and collect money but your character also collects life tokens worth money on the ipad and there are funny videos eg when you graduate. You don't know who has won until the end so there are no mid-way strops! It was brilliant!

Thorverton and the Nile
Thorverton and the Nile

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 7 Jun. 2012
Thorverton's witty quips had me laughing out loud. This historically accurate book was very interesting to read yet kept me amused at the same time.