Profile for KC > Reviews

Dirty Dancing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Swayze
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Fantastic, 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dirty Dancing [DVD] (DVD)
For some reason I was loathe to watch this, but I did today for the first time, and I could kick myself for not watching it sooner! It really is such a classic, the actors and their chemistry are sizzling, and the dancing (I think even by today's standards!) is dirty!

Shocksock - Apple iPod Nano 7 Custom Made Reflective Sports / Jogging / Gym Armband with Dual Arm-Size Slots and Key Pocket (Blue)
Offered by ClickJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 Aug. 2014
Love this! Not too expensive, comfortable, and fits my tiny little arm perfectly! It's fairly easy to get in and out - only down side is that you can't get to the volume and play controls on the side of the Nano, but you can still use the screen for all that.

Aerenden: The Child Returns
Aerenden: The Child Returns
by Kristen Taber

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant (contains some spoilers!), 18 July 2014
Received this book on exchange for a review.

I really enjoyed this - much more than I thought I would! Mainly, I have to say, because I don't usually like fantasy fiction. But I just got really into the Ærenden world, and all it's problems.

My only problem with it? Her. Meg. All she seemed to do was cry! I think at one point she was a wee bit tired, and she cried. Ok, ok, so she had a bit of a hard time at the beginning, what with her 'parents' dying, and all but I don't actually recall her crying about THAT! What a wet lettuce.

But still, she did get a bit better later on, definitely more Queenly (not a spoiler, because it's obvious from the first page).

I shall be buying the next two books!

JVC HA-F150-VN-E GUMY In-Ear Headphones - Grape Violet
JVC HA-F150-VN-E GUMY In-Ear Headphones - Grape Violet
Offered by Gadgets Hut UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 July 2014
I didn't actually buy these earphones from amazon, rather from a supermarket when they were on offer about 2/3 years ago. But I saw quite a few negative reviews, and thought I'd say how wonderful I think they are. I have tiny ears and they for a treat in them, never falling out like I've known other earphones to do. Cable's a good length, sound quality is great, and they're so comfortable. I would just point out though that the colours are darker than in the pictures on here, but still nice!

Valley of Darkness Part 2 (Fields of Elysium, #2)
Valley of Darkness Part 2 (Fields of Elysium, #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for both parts of Valley of Darkness, 22 Jun. 2014
I actually found myself enjoying this second instalment in the Fields of Elysium series much more than I enjoyed the first book. For starters, the writing was much better which made it easier to read. Secondly, it just seemed to be more interesting - maybe that's because we spent a lot more time in Arkana.

There were still some parts that I almost skipped because they were unnecessary and/or boring. And constantly being reminded how beautiful and wonderful Victor was started to get a little grating. Yeah, you love him, we get it. Yeah Molly, you don't deserve him, ok. At one point in the story (and I don't think it's a spoiler to tell you this because it is not the only time it happens) Molly and Victor are apparently on a 'break'. I was not aware of this, as she was still as all over him as she had previously been. But ho hum! Also, the major reason why Molly spends such a lot of time in Arkana seemed pointless and just a way to get rid of problem people.

But anyway, my ranting aside, it was a lot better than the first book in the series, so I hope the author continues to follow this trend and make the third book even better.

We Were Liars
We Were Liars

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 Jun. 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Kindle Edition)
This is up there with my favourite books of all time! It's so fantastically written, the characters leap of the page and I loved how the author only gave you hints as to what the secret was. You won't believe it when you find out!

Meet The Vamps
Meet The Vamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Meet The Vamps (MP3 Download)
Love this album, don't dislike any of the songs. The lyrics are amazing, really powerful stuff in some of the songs.

The Lunar Chronicles (Book 2): Scarlet
The Lunar Chronicles (Book 2): Scarlet

5.0 out of 5 stars As fantastic as Cinder, 22 Feb. 2014
It was great being able to hear things from all of thr character's points of views, and because Meyer is such a talented writer it wasn't at all confusing, jumping from character to character.

Scarlet is just as brilliant as Cinder was, and I can't wait to read the next one

A Taylor-Made Life
A Taylor-Made Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 14 Sept. 2013
This book was provided from the author in exchange for honest literary review.

Such a beautiful story! The best part was, in my opinion, that we got to follow the characters all the way through their journey together.

It was never going to have a happy ending, I knew that. But it had a happy middle which I'll gladly settle for.

As cancer books go, it was certainly different. The idea of the baby being able to save Taylor definitely set the book apart from others of its genre.

The only two bad things about the book: 1. Did the author not really think about how having Gavin's surname the same as the main girl character's first name would be a problem? I did notice she avoided calling her by her new full married name (Mrs Taylor Taylor), instead resorting to just Mrs Taylor. 2. What was the point of Gavin's letter to Taylor's ex boyfriend? I know he pitches up at the end, so does it have something to do with that? Did Gavin give the ex permission to be with Taylor again? If that's the case, I think it's a bit stupid, but there we go!

Anyway, I really enjoyed the book and wanted to say thanks to the author for letting me read it.

Fields of Elysium (a romantic fantasy)
Fields of Elysium (a romantic fantasy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 7 Sept. 2013
Despite Fields of Elysium not being the sort of genre I'm usually into, I really enjoyed it! The story was good (although I sometimes felt too much was going on) and intriguing. I didn't particularly like the way it was written - it was sort of like the author had just gone around using a thesaurus on every other word at times - but the it was very much an un-put-downable book.

I know I'll definitely be reading the next ones

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4