Profile for Katharine Kirby > Reviews

Content by Katharine Kirby
Top Reviewer Ranking: 217

Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Radiant Life Anti Aging Hyaluronic Acid Skin Cream with Vitamin C, the best natural, tightening, repair cream for face
Offered by Kingsman Essentials

4.0 out of 5 stars Rosy cheeks, 27 July 2016
sample received for review

First things first, Radiant Life products are proud to be made in the UK. A heart shaped Union flag in blues, white and lavender adorns the jar.

Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C are the main ingredients and the pot contains 60 ml of this deliciously rose scented nourishing cream. Use pre- moisturising it lays the foundations for a better, well 'radiant' skin.

I love the glow it gives my face and the comforting feeling hydration. Using it daily definitely keeps me looking a little better if not younger...

Levivo Silicone Baking Tray /Silicone Cake pan 24 x 10 cm, Red
Levivo Silicone Baking Tray /Silicone Cake pan 24 x 10 cm, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Use your loaf, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really a cake tin, for sweet loaf bakes, although it looks as if it were a 'bread' loaf tin. Baking bread might be 230 degrees and the highest temperature for this silicone 'pan' (An Americanism) is 220 degrees. I did use it at the top temp and all was well.

One and half pounds recipe will be right. I am coming to prefer these Levario kitchen moulds, anything that cuts down the clatter in the cupboard and doesn't rust is great with me.

The baked result just falls out of the tine for me so no need to grease. This loaf style is pretty rigid. I like the handles at either end but of course oven gloves are important. A very useful addition to my baking cupboard, much appreciated.

MAIGG Best Fruit Infuser Water Bottle BPA Free - 32oz - Sports Yoga Bottle for Drinking, Leak Proof, Ideal for Hiking & Outdoors - Tritan Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve ,Fast Water Flow, Flip Top, Opens with 1-Click - Reusable with Leakproof Lid
Offered by MAIGG

4.0 out of 5 stars Work or play take this with you for hydration and refreshment, 27 July 2016
sample received for review

This bottle, in grey, is a chunky, hunky, workmanlike bottle, ready to stay with you all day. The strainer, which can be used to hold back fruit etc from emerging from the bottle when infused, can also hold back ice cubes, which we liked. We have tried it with oranges, lemons, ginger, soft fruit, all delicious, subtle pleasant flavours that go well with a sugar free diet.

The flip up lock on the cap is effective and the spout easy to drink from or to pour. The outer casing is protective and makes the drink bottle easier to grip. The carrying handle is helpful, too. I admire the range of colours, well done MAIGG!

MAIGG 4&9 Cube Ice Tray with Watertight Lid - Premium Silicone Mold- BPA FREE / FDA Approved Ice Cube,Soap, Muffin, Pudding, Baby Food Freezer Storage And More - Stackable, No Spill, Space Saving - Multi-Functional Kitchen Gadgets.
Offered by MAIGG

4.0 out of 5 stars Big enough to sink the Titanic!, 27 July 2016
sample received for review

Well, these great gobstopper cubes are gigantic, one will certainly be enough to fill a glass for a long drink - on the rock...

Our grand daughter filled the cubes in the tray full of ice cream, which came out obediently as squares, which she enjoyed. Although I did need to run it under a warm tap, the cubes don't come out without some help.

I like that the tray is water tight, with a lid so it doesn't drip all over the freezer section. A fun idea with a practical purpose, no need for several cubes, one will do the job perfectly. Thank You MAIGG for an unusual and amusing product.

Rose And Co Rose Petal Salve Excellent All Round Beauty Salve With Beeswax 20g
Rose And Co Rose Petal Salve Excellent All Round Beauty Salve With Beeswax 20g

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rose By Any Other Name, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Presented prettily in a dainty pink tin, there is a generous amount of lip salve supplied, 20g, enough to keep me going for months.

Scented like turkish delight, attar of roses, rosewater, or a big fat pink rose on a summer's day; this slave doesn't stop at your lips. It can help in lots of other ways, dry patches, nails, cuticles, rough skin, lashes and brows, so it is truly an all round beauty treatment.

I am appreciating using it, as is my grand daughter; it is safe for younger skin too so we all get to enjoy it. The tins is delightfully designed in a retro, vintage fashion. Rose and Co. Petal Salve is a lovely product, proud to say it is made in the UK. Hurray!

Simon & Tom PREMIUM LIFT Instant Eye Corrector with Argan Stem Cells. Lifts and Firms. Smoothens Lines and Reduces Puffiness. With Phyto-tensors 15 ml.
Offered by Beauty Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Eyes, 27 July 2016
sample received for review

I love all the Simon and Tom range and am very much enjoying the effects of using their products from a most helpful range. The Premium Lift cream arrives in a small, pearlescent, spherical screw top container enclosed in a gold, bronze box. All this looks precious, high quality, as the cream inside certainly is. You only need a tiny dot for under the eyes to give an instant wake up to that betraying skin beneath. Avoid letting it go actually into the eye. The instructions for this do not say it needs to be washed off, and I am happy to leave it on.

At first I thought that was hardly any cream inside but it is a set jelly like portion, about one and half inches across. It is lasting me very well. Thank You Simon and Tom for offering such a super pick me up.

Levivo Silicone Tart Silicone Cake Pan   26 cm, Red
Levivo Silicone Tart Silicone Cake Pan 26 cm, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Biscuit bases, Perfect for Pastry, Super for Sponges, Fine for Flans..., 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am always more than happy to test out innovative kitchen kit, being a keen baker, and so this nine inch diameter across the top, flexible, multi purpose tart mould is a welcome addition to the kitchen cabinet. It's a thankfully silent 'tin' so won't clutter, clatter or rust.

The rigid sides mean the ingredients will stay strong and correctly upright. Holding the side handles is helpful, I sit mine on a flat tray base for extra security, I don't think it would be good to stand it alone on the bars of an oven.

I wondered about the need to grease, oil or spray the inside of the mould but as I have used others without and had successful results I went for it on my first go, making a quiche. I chilled the pastry for optimum results and was really delighted with the complete, un broken perfect pastry case I'd created. No patch up surgery required! I use foil to hold down the base, inside the pastry to stop it rising up. You can also us baking beans on parchment. Forking patterns all over helps too. Best not to use anything sharp around the silicone though. If you feel you might misalign the pastry as you drape it over the mould, a light dusting of cornflour will facilitate moving it around in the pan. Also pressing the sides of the pastry to the fluted edge can be done with a little ball of pastry, that works well. I don't trim the top of the case until it has been baked, that gives a tidier look.

I look forward to the day when all my decades old rusty tins, moulds and trays are converted to this easy to use, simple to clean and safe to store silicone. A rewarding pan to use.
Comment Comment | Permalink

ThinkPet Rubber Frozen Bone Chill Dog Toy Mint Flavor Medium Size Blue, Perfect for Summer Play-time
Offered by ThinkPet Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooling for gums and intriguing to the dog., 26 July 2016
sample received for review

Our adult springer spaniels have been very much enjoying this interesting toy. I found it tricky to fill, wasn't quite sure I had actually filled it with water, and it leaked over the freezer. Better to put it in a plastic bag I think.

A good idea for hot days once the dogs have got used to such an idea. Ours eat ice cubes anyway if they fall on the floor so I suppose they recognised what the hard water was. Without ice inside it is still popular and has lasted a few days without being chewed into.

Natural rubber, it is a traditional dog toy in shape, the children throw it for the dogs and they retrieve it. Sometimes they give it up too! They say Thank you Aveva! Woof...

1Pair Women Lovely Crystal Earrings Silvering Crystal Shiny Ear Stud Earrings (with random color box)
Offered by Min's Jewelries2000

4.0 out of 5 stars On the rocks, 26 July 2016
sample received for review

These little sparklers arrive in a facet cut 'ice cube' style hinged plastic box. Sitting on a soft white bed they look the business.

They are what my mother would have called 'costume jewellery' but I would need a bodyguard if they were real diamonds. Crystals are fine by me and they could come to the beach, dance all night at a disco or glitter away in candlelight. I am impressed at how well they are put together, the five crystals contained securely by claws.

They are the kind of earrings that lift your face and throw light on to it, flattering and finishing off any carefully chosen outfit.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Womens Sterling Rose Gold Rhinestone Drop Earrings with earrings box (random color)
Offered by Min's Jewelries2000

4.0 out of 5 stars For the girl whose name begins with A, 26 July 2016
sample received for review

Well these earrings are definitely destined for a girl whose name begins with A. Although it looks like an elegant design, I clearly see it as the first letter of the Alphabet.

The mauve crystal, cushion cut stones at the top, are impressive, they are chunky and stand out well. Set in the 'sterling rose gold' plated metal, they are secure and tidily placed on the post that connects to the push in holder. The dangly A with the cross bar encrusted with five tiny white crystals/rhinestones, is an attractive, statement design. Sure to draw some compliments.

Presented for giving in a complementary earring box, these are a very flattering pair that are sure to please Alice, Amy, Audrey, Alison, Anne....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20