Profile for Habeeb > Reviews

Content by Habeeb

Habeeb (London)

Page: 1 | 2
The Nordic Bakery - Bake your own traditional Scandinavian bread, savoury pastries, cakes, sweet buns, desserts and biscuits in your own home
by Miisa Mink

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cinnamon Buns are incredible, 10 Jun. 2016
Bought this after visiting the coffee shop in Marylebone several times. The Cinnamon Buns are incredible. The book is well written. The recipes are clear and detailed. I've only made a couple of things so far - look forward to trying them all out!

Reading Poker Tells
Reading Poker Tells
by Zachary Elwood

5.0 out of 5 stars I also really enjoyed the outlook on the game in the 'about me' ..., 2 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Reading Poker Tells (Paperback)
Surprisingly helpful. I also really enjoyed the outlook on the game in the 'about me' section at the end.

Wusthof Classic chef's knife (blade 18 cm)
Wusthof Classic chef's knife (blade 18 cm)
Offered by Saving domestic

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong after 2+ years, 17 Oct. 2015
I cook most days so a good chef's knife is a must. This knife is about the right weight and with regular sharpening it stays very sharp which is essential!

Xavax coffee capsule holder "Donatore" for 36 Nespresso capsules
Xavax coffee capsule holder "Donatore" for 36 Nespresso capsules

2.0 out of 5 stars I dont use it any more, 17 Oct. 2015
The problem with this item is that the capsules fall out of the railings. Also from a practical point of view I just realised it was much easier to keep the capsules in the boxes that nespresso sent them in.

Microeconomic Theory
Microeconomic Theory
by Andreu Mas-Colell

5.0 out of 5 stars The best graduate micro text, 17 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Microeconomic Theory (Paperback)
I used this for studying masters and phd level micro theory classes and found it to be the best text book among the ones on offer. In particular the sections on adverse selection, moral hazard and mechanism design are very easy to follow with a good combination of diagrams, mathematical proofs and written explanations.

Teak Oil Spray - Ideal for Garden Furniture - 250ml
Teak Oil Spray - Ideal for Garden Furniture - 250ml
Offered by WILSONS DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Oct. 2015
Very effective. Lasts for quite a while. Decent value for money.

Minosharp Universal Grey/Black
Minosharp Universal Grey/Black
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars I use it primarily for my Wusthof Chef's knife. ..., 6 Oct. 2015
I use it primarily for my Wusthof Chef's knife. It works v well. It is v expensive though (although even more so in a shop compared to online).

[New Release] Anker 3ft Nylon Braided USB Cable with Lightning Connector [Apple MFi Certified] for iPhone SE / 6s/ 6 Plus/ 6, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and More (Silver)
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working properly after 2 months, 27 Aug. 2015
Have other Anker products that I am really pleased with however had a bad experience with this one. I liked the fact that the cable doesn't twist and for a while it worked fine. However after about 2 months it only started charging my phone intermittently. Definitely not a problem with phone / charger since problem solved when using another cable.

Update: Anker sent a replacement free of charge that works fine.

Update: The replacement also stopped working after about a month! Perhaps I'm just unlucky since many ppl give this item positive reviews but I have opted for an alternative brand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2015 12:09 PM BST

CONSUL PRO SHOETREE OUT OF BEECH TREE WOOD
CONSUL PRO SHOETREE OUT OF BEECH TREE WOOD
Offered by DELFA Gustav Dietrich GmbH + Co. KG
Price: £16.95 - £19.95

1.0 out of 5 stars £10 for delivery. No thank you., 2 Sept. 2014
To be clear I did not purchase this item, but I was planning to until I realised that they charge £10 for delivery on a £15 item.

This Is Me: The Autobiography
This Is Me: The Autobiography
by Ian Thorpe

5.0 out of 5 stars Very humble and honest, 22 Nov. 2012
I picked this book up after watching a recent interview with Ian Thorpe. I didn't know much about swimming or the man himself, but I was stuck by how differently he spoke when compared to other sports people who have this tendency to give robotic answers to journalists.

He describes swimming with real passion. He even makes the technical aspects of the sport seem interesting - I didn't realise there was so much to it!! He speaks with honesty about his success. He acknowledges that he really was a sensational swimmer, but he doesn't make the reader feel that he is better than any other person for this. The only other autobiography I have read by an Australian athlete is Greg Norman's book The Way of the Shark and he was disgustingly arrogant to the point I had to book the book down after reading through the first few chapters.

Ian also talks about his interests outside swimming which are very different to what you might expect from the typical alpha male athletes. He is a fan of the arts and fashion, he likes things that are `aesthetically pleasing'. But what really made this a great book is the way he explores his emotions, and his political and social opinions. He talks about racial disadvantage in Australia with real passion. He is brutally honest about the low points in his life and the emotional strain that celebrities and elite athletes have to endure.

All in all a very interesting read, even for someone who like me knows or has little interest in swimming.

Page: 1 | 2