Profile for mwcable > Reviews

mwcable

Etched in Blue
Etched in Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly hidden talent., 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Etched in Blue (Audio CD)
John Shuman first came to my attention in 1986, when he fronted an Ausie rock/folk band called Redgum. They released an album called "If you don't fight you lose". This for me was one of the most excitingly refreshing albums I had heard for some time.John has gone on to produce several albums since. They are based in his protests about the senselessness of war, and his critisms of the Autralian Government, he has a lot to say, his recordings are well thought out, and make you look at things from a different viewpoint. His guitar playing is superb, and his band "The vagabond crew" are clearly friends first, and band members last. Give him a listen, there is lots on YOUTUBE. His anthem is " I was only 19" a protest song against the Vietnam conflict. I cannot praise this artist highly enough.

Karaindrou: Ulysses' Gaze Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]
Karaindrou: Ulysses' Gaze Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Overwhelmed, 9 Mar. 2012
I came upon this album quite by chance. I first heard tracks from an ECM sampler album. I then went on a search to find the whole thing. What an earth shattering experience the first time I played it. The music is so full of emotion and depth. The experience was almost debilitating. I have listened endlessly, and never got bored with it. My only regret is that it is not available as a vinyl pressing as ECM make some amazingly musical Lps. If you love emotion in your music give it a listen.