Profile for Toutseul > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health
Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health
by Dennis Goodman

1.0 out of 5 stars Very basic and slim volume, not worth the price, 30 April 2017
Such a disappointment. Extremely slim volume with very slim information. Not 106 pages of information about K2, just 88 pages with lots of repetition which also includes 14 lined pages for the reader to write their own notes on ! Very basic information about K2. Took me about 30 minutes to read the entire book. Definitley not worth the price, much better to get a book such as Dr Kate Rheaume-Bleue's 'Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox'.

The Real Meal Revolution: The Radical, Sustainable Approach to Healthy Eating
The Real Meal Revolution: The Radical, Sustainable Approach to Healthy Eating
by Professor Tim Noakes

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, even if you don't need to lose weight., 4 Jun. 2016
Wonderful book ! Wonderful recipes ! I have absolutley no need to lose weight, being somewhat underweight in fact, but I bought this book as I admire Professor Tim Noakes and I eat Paleo. We have now tried four of the recipes in just over two weeks and they have all turned out most delicious ! I would have bought this book before but it was a tad pricey when I didn't really need it. When it came down in price I got it. I love it ! Highly recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug. 2015
Great product and great delivery service !

Ten Billion
Ten Billion
by Stephen Emmott

3.0 out of 5 stars So much blank paper, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Ten Billion (Paperback)
I got this book after reading an excerpt of it in the Guardian. I received it today. Interesting, though more of a pamphlet of the author's opinion than a scientific book. Took me about an hour to read. At first I thought there had been a printing error as there are so many pages with just a very few lines of print and blank paper ! I considered contacting Penguin to report a printing error but I then had a look at a sample of the Kindle version and saw that, no, there was no print missing. Penguin must have decided to print the book like this. In a book which concludes that we should use fewer resources, it is an incredibly wasteful use of resources to have a book that is mostly empty paper ! Surely the author cannot have agreed to this wastage ? I have to give the book only 3 stars because of the hypocrisy of producing it with so much blank paper !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2013 8:59 PM BST

Bach: Christmas Oratorio (Harnoncourt) [DVD] [2005]
Bach: Christmas Oratorio (Harnoncourt) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Bach

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it !, 18 May 2013
Wonderful music, wonderfully performed. Harnoncourt gives a very authentic sound with period instruments. Marvellous choir. The boy singers have such pure sounding voices and sing very professionally. When you realise most of these boys were only nine or ten it is amazing, they are very talented, and they give the sound Bach would have heard and what he wrote for. Such moving - as well as foot tapping music - very joyous.

My only little gripe is that there's nowhere the names of the musicians or the singers, apart from Peter Schrier and Robert Holl. With some detective work I managed to find the names of three of the boy soloists: Stefan Rampf, Allan Bergius and Tobias Eiwanger, that's how we know they were only nine or ten years old. The names of the rest and and of the musicians are sadly nowhere to be found.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2015 9:46 AM GMT

Genocide: How Your Doctor's Dietary Ignorance Will Kill You!!!!
Genocide: How Your Doctor's Dietary Ignorance Will Kill You!!!!
by James Carlson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and interesting, 8 Feb. 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. Dr Carlson explains complicated things in a very easy manner for lay people to understand. His writing style is fun to read too. My only criticism is the lack of contents page and index.

Vitamin D and Cholesterol: The Importance of the Sun
Vitamin D and Cholesterol: The Importance of the Sun
by David S. Grimes

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important books on vitamin D there is, 16 Aug. 2012
Highly readable and informative book about vitamin D - and cholesterol ! The vitamin D connection with disease is clearly explained by Dr Grimes - he is ahead of his time. Hopefully he will get more recognition as the importance of vitamin D becomes more and more apparent to the rest of the medical profession.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2015 4:16 PM GMT

An Apple a Day: A Memoir of Love and Recovery from Anorexia
An Apple a Day: A Memoir of Love and Recovery from Anorexia
by Emma Woolf

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good book, 7 Aug. 2012
The author of this book is being dishonest to say she is recovering from anorexia - she still has anorexia and continues to write of her descent into it in the Times. I wish Emma Woolf every success into getting to grips with her anorexia as it is the most awful psychological problem to have, but until she is honest with herself, until she really wants to be free of her anorexia, she will remain trapped in it. Don't waste your money buying a book from someone who has no insight into anorexia.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2013 9:11 PM BST

Brabantia Corkscrew Quickpull - Black
Brabantia Corkscrew Quickpull - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Briiliant, 20 Jun. 2012
Brilliant ! And brilliant value too ! We got this for our holiday home so that we didn't need to keep taking our Screwpull with us. This Brabantia Quickpull is stronger than our Screwpull which is one of the original ones from several years ago. It's much cheaper too, so we're very happy with it and confident it will last at least as long if not longer !

Creano Flowering Tea Abloom Tea - Flower Tea Ball Gift set with 500 ml Glass Tea Pot | White tea

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 4 Jan. 2012
The teapot arrived smashed, and I could see from the thinness of the glass that this product was extremely poor quality. Thankfully Amazon gave me a refund. This product deserves no stars, not even one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2013 3:16 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2