Profile for H. Barnett > Reviews

Content by H. Barnett

H. Barnett (Oxford, England)

And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie Collection)
And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie Collection)
by Agatha Christie
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 14 April 2010
Ok, first things first, I love Agatha Christie.
I literally can't get enough of her novels (specifically that wonderful little Belgian)
So when I say this quite simply trumps them all (yes, even Poirot's finest) you get an idea of just how incredible this book is.
It is, in my mind, the perfect set up for a murder mystery: ten people trapped on an island being killed off one by one! Let the games begin!
The solution is beyond belief, but whats more, the journey itself is full of shock and awe and will keep you reading long after you intended to put it down to do other things.

My only grievance with this is that having read it already, I can never again experience its sense of overwhelming mystery and suspense with fresh, unknowing, eyes.
I will never again read a mystery novel that can surpass its sheer perfection, and that is the great sadness that comes hand in hand with the joy of this book.
Prepare yourself before reading, you are in for a treat.