Profile for SteveLauder > Reviews

Content by SteveLauder

SteveLauder

Page: 1 | 2
Love Tree Products Nut Milk Bag - Best Premium Quality Almond Milk Strainer Including Free Recipe E Book - Large Food Grade Reusable Super Strong Fine Nylon Mesh Bag - Smooth Milks & Juices Every Time With A No Risk 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Offered by LoveTree Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality bag that inspires confidence to give it a ..., 25 May 2017
Does what it says on the tin! Good quality bag that inspires confidence to give it a good squeeze without fear of a seam popping

GameSir Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad Controller Joystick for PS3&Android Phone&TV BOX&Tablet&VR&PC(Windows 7/8/8.1/10) (G3s-Black)
Offered by GameSir Official Store EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Bluetooth? Um..., 6 July 2016
As has been said by others; given the promotion of this as an awesome controller for Gear VR, the gamepad simply refuses to communicate with my Galaxy S7 Edge.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2016 9:30 AM BST

Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Nikon+Motor
Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Nikon+Motor

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this lens, 10 April 2015
I really like this lens. Sure - it's a bit more faff to work with than a more expensive equivalent. Unless you're in extremely good light conditions you can forget about the auto-focus. The chromatic aberration is higher than other lenses too. But a little time in Lightroom compensates for this extremely well.

For the money this lens is absolutely superb.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars and I'm sure the blades would be fine for many people, 26 July 2014
Nothing wrong with the seller, and I'm sure the blades would be fine for many people. I just didn't come them sharp enough for my course stubble

Edwin Jagger DE89L Lined Detail Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89L Lined Detail Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first safety razor., 30 Jun. 2014
I wanted to make the transition from my 5 blade razor, which was giving me ingrowing hairs and lots of irritation. I was told this would be less irritating to the skin, lead to a closer shave and make this part of grooming more of a ritual/experience. The Edwin Jagger is supposed to be one of the easiest to use without hacking your face to pieces as a novice.

So I used it for the first time last night. The first pass was quite difficult - trying to find the right angle to hold it at was a struggle, and not pressing too hard (a bad habit from multi-blade heads) was a temptation too great to resist. I nicked myself on my chin and the base of my neck, and wondered whether I'd just wasted my money.

But... by the second and third passes, I'd found my stroke and begun to realise what a joy it would be to use this from now on. Even though I'd nicked myself in a couple of places, it was STILL less painful after shaving than the ingrowing hairs and stripped skin caused by my Gillette Fusion.

I can't say how it compares to other safety razors as this is the only one I have tried, but I can vouch for the baby smooth skin it left me with, the pleasure of the shaving experience, and the small amount of practice it seems to take to get on with this type of razor. A small bit of advice - get an alum block if this is your first safety razor - you'll need it,

The chrome finish is beautiful, the handle has a good grip and the razor has a very satisfying weight to it. A quality product through and through.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2014 10:45 PM BST

Nushine Silver Plating Solution 100ml - permanently plate PURE SILVER onto worn silver, brass, copper and bronze (eco friendly formula)
Offered by Eco-formula

3.0 out of 5 stars It 'sort of' works, 20 Aug. 2013
I had high hopes for this product. Basically I wanted to plate a pure brass electronic cigarette 'mod'. When you apply it, the silver plate is instant and has an almost antique look to it, compared to the bright mirror you would expect to see if it was electro-plated. However, the coating really is very thin; in fact you need to repeat the process to end up with a solid silver finish. Initially I thought it looked stunning; but with just regular use (putting in and taking out of my pocket), 24 hours later the plating is stripping away, leaving what is now a dirty brass underneath.

The problem is, if I now leave it then the patchy brass is just going to look worse over time. If I keep using it, then I'm going to have a laborious (and messy) process that I'm going to have to keep repeating on at least a weekly basis.

Haven't decided how I'm going to resolve this - either an attack of fine grit sand paper or a trip to an electro-plating company to get the job done properly.

I would only recommend as a tool for maintaining silverware - the plating claims are only half true... but to be honest, for how quickly it's shedding from the brass, I wouldn't use it on items you eat or drink from!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2017 1:26 AM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 1 Mar. 2013
My mother ended up in hospital last week severely depleted in calcium, potassium and magnesium. She was remineralised in hospital.

She's an ileostomy patient and can't use tables - they simply pass straight through. So having a liquid supplement with zero bad taste, that's quickly absorbed through the gut, that contains all your body's mineral needs in natural balance... for people like my Mum it's quite literally a life-saver (she almost had a heart attack before being remineralised).

Thoruoghly recommend this product. Amazon I hope you re-stock... you've got at least two more regular customers!

Logitech K120 Business Keyboard for Windows and Linux - QWERTY, UK Layout
Logitech K120 Business Keyboard for Windows and Linux - QWERTY, UK Layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels like it cost a lot more, 22 Jan. 2013
I'm generally of the opinion 'buy cheap, buy twice', and in a majority of cases that's true. Not so with this cracking little keyboard from Logitech.

The key action is really light and responsive. I was worried at first that it was too light, and I was going to be wearing out the delete button quite quickly with all of my miss-typed characters. It somehow manages to be light enough to make your fingers feel like they're floating across the keyboard, but resistant enough to stop you accidentally collecting every other key .

It doesn't just work like a quality item, it feels like one too. The plastic is strong and hard wearing - the same type of material you would expect on keyboards costing £30+.

There is only one, very small, niggle; it would be nice to have some more function keys. Even just volume up, volume down and calculator would suffice. I don't think anyone would have any problem paying an extra couple of pounds for this.

Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 17 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'm about 2/3rds of the way through this game now, and it is by far the best I've played this year. They've taken the best bits of Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed and thrown them into a huge, beautifully crafted set of tropical islands. On a PC with a decent graphics card, running Ultra detail at 1080p is the most breathtaking graphics I've seen in any game, period.

The story is compelling, leaving never a dull moment. Whether you want intense gun fights, stealthy reconnaissance, big world adventure, a bit of platform puzzling or all of the above, it's possible to dedicate entire gaming sessions to one discipline and still have plenty to do next time.

Truly awesome game - thoroughly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking bit of kit, 14 Oct. 2012
NOTE UP FRONT: If you haven't figured out what the DPI function's for then you're missing a trick!

First, the mouse. I'm a designer as well as a gamer so I wanted something good for both. This isn't the most attractive thing in the world to look at but it's a perfect size/shape, ergonomically speaking. I've used it on multiple surfaces and it performs flawlessly on all thus far. Great response, and the design definitely makes for a tighter cursor control compared to smaller mice.

Now the DPI bit... it simply halves your mouse speed. Therefore, lower your pointer speed in your computer settings(it moves surprisingly fast compared to trackpads/other mice), and use it at 600dpi. Then when you're playing for example, Modern Warfare, simply click the dpi button when sniping for greater accuracy. It's a handy tool and definitely a worthy addition.

Page: 1 | 2