Profile for A. K. Smith > Reviews

Content by A. K. Smith

A. K. Smith "angels960" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2
VonHaus 15 Pack Vacuum Storage Saving Space Clothes Bags Assorted sizes
VonHaus 15 Pack Vacuum Storage Saving Space Clothes Bags Assorted sizes
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Sept. 2016
Perfect for storing my baby clothes in the attic without them getting ruined. Just in case we have another :)

For Free [Explicit]
For Free [Explicit]

2.0 out of 5 stars Dance but dont listen, 25 Aug. 2016
This review is from: For Free [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Fab beat, same degrading lyrics chatting rubbish, sad really its out there...

My First Lift and Learn: First Words
My First Lift and Learn: First Words
by Little Tiger Press

3.0 out of 5 stars Love hate..., 30 July 2016
I have a love hate relationship with this book. Love because the size and length of this book is great. It also has a wonderful sturdy structure perfect for those little ones and the images are lovely, each time you lift a flap you see beautiful children inside. However since we are trying to teach children their first words and they are supposed to be correct words this is where the hate comes in. Why is a rubber duck just a duck? Put a picture of a real duck…why is a toy got the word car, put a real car or put the word toy, ugh it bugs the life out of me, that said, its ok. Enjoy 

Rock With the Hot 8
Rock With the Hot 8

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best!, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Rock With the Hot 8 (MP3 Download)
Wow, I saw them live in Shoreditch London and straight after had to buy this album, one of the best purchases I have ever made, what a great talented group of guys. Buy it for when you are having a BBQ and you need something cool in the background, Buy it for when you are on a long commute to work and you need cheering up and, buy it when you just need to boogie!
Enjoy it folks!

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed
by Khaled Hosseini

1.0 out of 5 stars What on earth was going on? Who was who? what was the point?, 25 Jun. 2014
I am a great fan of this writer the Kite Runner is still one of my all-time favourite books and a Thousand Splendid Suns was indeed just that…Splendid and more. So when I saw the title and the Author of this book I purchased it without thinking.

All I can say is I am glad it’s over! What a mess! It was hard to follow, there were too many characters and I found often I was being led along a story that had little to do with the main story and I was getting fed up. I didn’t even see the point in how it ended.

Don’t waste your pocket money folks.

Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Vegetables and Herbs
Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Vegetables and Herbs
by Alan Titchmarsh

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for a newbie., 6 Aug. 2013
Don't buy this book if you haven't got a clue about vegetable gardening. I did and it left me confused and scared to plant anything. The thought of cutting a slug in half to protect your salad leaves was not a pleasant (insert a squeamish face here). It has no glossary so for a beginner you have no idea what he is going on about, bolting? closed cloches anyone? Also if I tried to follow it step by step I would have been in a real mess. Near the start you read on about how to add organic matter to your soil so I ticked that box then much later on in the book it says "oh no don't add it if you are growing root vegetables" wow I guess no carrots for me next year then? It did have great (but sometimes irrelevant) pictures. I also liked that it gave you information on each veg or herb you could plant. That's about it really.

So get this book if you know a bit about gardening first.

Secrets of the Afro Comb: 6,000 Years of Art and Culture
Secrets of the Afro Comb: 6,000 Years of Art and Culture
by K.N. Chimbiri

5.0 out of 5 stars Really recommend, 4 July 2013
As an adult I enjoyed reading this book, it was clearly written and I really loved the illustrations. As the cover says the book takes you on a journey which traces from when the first afro combs were found to today. It's quite interactive with quizzes to do and if you were to sit down and read through it with you child you would both enjoy it.
I actually learnt a few things and really enjoyed seeing the photographs of the ancient combs. I even found myself feeling sad when the book spoke about Benin being destroyed. I would recommend it and will be purchasing a second copy to give to my niece.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars What would make it a 5 star would be...., 27 April 2013
First of all I didn't pay for this book. it came free with my juicer.

The book is a lovely little size (I have the pocket edition) in inside it is fun, well written and the photos a great. There are a variety of delicious recipes and I have really enjoyed all that I have tried. Where the book lost two stars with me firstly it has no index so its not easy to navigate and secondly I would have loved to see a nutritional breakdown of each juice.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad 2: Cash Flow Quadrant - Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
by Robert T. Kiyosaki

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Theory but where was the implementation?, 19 Oct. 2010
This book started off great. Each chapter explained the Quadrant and which side you needed to be on. Chapter by Chapter he went though the type of people on the left side and the type of people on the right side and then...it got to the end. Where was the `how to' section. If there was one, it was rubbish!

Step Back in Time to Ancient Kush
Step Back in Time to Ancient Kush
by K.N. Chimbiri

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and very informative, 15 Oct. 2009
Kush is an area of history that we don't get to read much on so when I saw this book I just decided to grab it for myself to read and then pass onto my niece who is 7.
I was really delighted with how beautifully illustrated it was and how informative I found it. I learnt a lot and I havent given it to her yet!!

Page: 1 | 2