Profile for torchest > Reviews

Naomi's Room
Naomi's Room
by Jonathan Aycliffe

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconclusive. SPOLIER ALERT!, 1 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Naomi's Room (Paperback)
I started this book on Kindle about a year ago and only got about halfway through as it was too disturbing. On holiday, and having finished another book I decided to try to finish it as I couldn't be bothered to download another book. It was horrible, and I felt cheated by the end. I only finished it because I wanted to find out who did the murders and what had happened in the house. Unfortunately I still don't really know who killed Lewis or Naomi or the detective. Why didn't they just leave as soon as they started hearing Naomi and the noises in the attic and saw the photos? I'm sure most people would have done.

Abandon
Abandon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected so I'm afraid that I abandoned "Abandon"!, 3 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Abandon (Kindle Edition)
I didn't finish this book as it did not grip me enough

The House at Midnight
The House at Midnight

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable book, 3 Jan. 2016
I really enjoyed this book. It was not gripping but I loved the feeling of suspense that it created.

You Belong To Me: A nail-biting psychological thriller from the author of Until You're Mine

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 29 Sept. 2015
I enjoyed this book but I thought it started to get a bit far fetched towards the end. A good read though.

The Supergrass [DVD]
The Supergrass [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adrian Edmondson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great setting!, 7 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Supergrass [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film because it is set in my favourite place: Hope Cove. Although it is obviously dated, having been made in the 1980s, it is enjoyable but a little far-fetched, but I think it is supposed to be. I bought it because I wanted to see the places that I know so well. Great cast.

Summer With My Sister
Summer With My Sister

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable light reading., 7 Aug. 2015
Perfect Summer holiday reading. It is a good book that, although not riveting, I did care about the characters. Easy and enjoyable reading.

Homeland - Season 4 [DVD] [2015]
Homeland - Season 4 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Claire Danes
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 7 Aug. 2015
Homeland is absolutely brilliant and I can't wait for Season 5, in a couple of months (hopefully). It is well acted, well written and entirely believable.

Tell-Tale
Tell-Tale

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 24 May 2015
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Kindle Edition)
Not quite finished this yet, but I am enjoying it, and although I think I can work out the plot, it is still gripping.

Accidents Happen
Accidents Happen

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Accidents Happen (Kindle Edition)
Kept me on edge throughout and I never guessed the ending. A very enjoyable read.

Daughter
Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, unpredictable, imaginative but not gripping., 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Daughter (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book but was not gripped by it. I did not guess the ending and was taken by surprise by it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4