Profile for DarrenCornish > Reviews

Content by DarrenCornish

DarrenCornish

Natural Chest and Nasal Congestion Relief. Soothes Sore Throat, Dry Cough, Stuffy Nose from Upper Respiratory & Sinus Infection. Works Wonder on Bronchitis, Allergies, Headaches. A Must for Cold Flu
Offered by Puriya Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief., 20 Dec. 2016
This product is great. I have been a bit bunged up and have used this to help clear the airways - works brilliantly. Recommended!

"Shall I go on, Mum?"
"Shall I go on, Mum?"
by Peter Coath

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read it, you won't regret a second., 17 Dec. 2016
This review is from: "Shall I go on, Mum?" (Paperback)
Given the central topic, about the loss of both parents, this is far from a depressing sombre read. It is sad and touching in parts but also bloody funny, smart and page turning throughout. I read it in only a couple of sittings and had my wife complaining that 'you haven't put that book down for 2 days'. Loved it.

Debtonator: How Debt Favours The Few And Equity Can Work For All Of Us
Debtonator: How Debt Favours The Few And Equity Can Work For All Of Us

4.0 out of 5 stars Very succinct and well argued, 21 Sept. 2016
Brought together a lot of disparate concerns I was wrestling with in my head and gave some well thought through possible solutions. A good read.

My Name Is...
My Name Is...

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sobering read, 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: My Name Is... (Kindle Edition)
As a dad of teenage boys I wanted to understand how this disease takes hold and the perspectives of those caught up in it. Hannah's story was a great way of thinking that through.

Being Mortal: Illness, Medicine and What Matters in the End (Wellcome)
Being Mortal: Illness, Medicine and What Matters in the End (Wellcome)

5.0 out of 5 stars very powerful read, 31 Jan. 2015
This book made a real impression on me. I took away a key message that good communication and thinking much more broadly than medicine and treatment is what is needed as we near the end of life. Will help me deal better with anyone I care for in that situation and eventually help me personally.

Revive! End Exhaustion & Feel Great Again
Revive! End Exhaustion & Feel Great Again

5.0 out of 5 stars great holistic approach and straightforward guidance, 19 Feb. 2014
Very useful read, picked up several things I will change. Easy to read, good set of resources in the appendices.

Play It Away: A Workaholic's Cure for Anxiety
Play It Away: A Workaholic's Cure for Anxiety

4.0 out of 5 stars put a smile on my face, 16 Feb. 2014
A straightforward book from a guy willing to be honest about where he got to and what it took to get from there. Lots of practical tips and good resources. Quick and easy to read. I'll make a few subtle changes as a result of reading which has to be worth the small outlay.

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars systems not goals, 9 Nov. 2013
Cracking read. In face I would go as far as saying the best book I have read on making the most of this short time on this small planet of ours.

Be Bulletproof: How to achieve success in tough times at work
Be Bulletproof: How to achieve success in tough times at work
by James Brooke

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep on coming back to this. Very helpful, 3 Aug. 2012
I am now in a pretty senior leadership position and read this wishing the authors had pulled their fingers out and written it 15 years ago! I am absolutely convinced that the 82 techniques outlined on how to be bulletproof would have made that career path a lot smoother and less stressful. Whether it's advice on how to 'fake it till you make it', how to navigate office politics (and was there some politics at my last firm!) or create your personal brand story, all these and many of the others would have helped no end. I scratch my head when I meet colleagues and contacts who wouldn't read a business book. With just a bit of an open mind, you can't fail to take stuff from this book that will help your performance, make your work life better and keep you either in a job or on the path to the next one up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2013 6:40 PM BST