Profile for Ant > Reviews

Content by Ant

Ant (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2
Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)
Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok it's not perfect, but it's pretty close, 10 April 2017
Ok it's not perfect, but it's pretty close. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone interested in sci-fi, space exploration, or fun single player missions, or has an interest in the Mass Effect series. The multiplayer side is pretty fun too. I feel that this game deserved about an 8 / 8.5 out of 10 when it was reviewed. I have rated it 5 star purely on a personal basis, because, out of all of the games I have bought and played on PS4, this is an enjoyable game, and would be in my top 10 recommended titles if I were compiling a favourite list. The trouble is gamers expectations of AAA games often exceeds what is achievable, and most of the time, you end up with really great looking games, but seriously lacking gameplay.

Thankfully I feel as though this game has the best of both worlds, and manages to create a credible, unique experience for the player willing to overlook some of the minor shortfalls. Yes there are some quirky animation and lip sync issues and a few bugs, but these have been mainly improved upon with the latest patch update. I'm currently 25 hours in and just can't stop playing this game. So there is definitely something very right about this game in my opinion, and I'm really enjoying the experience, it seems to get better the further in I get!!!! I hope this review helps.

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!!!!, 30 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Watch Dogs 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
I wasn't sure whether I would like this game or not. I personally really enjoyed the first Watch Dogs game, even with all the hype and disappointment that surrounded the game after launch.

I read quite a few reviews for Watch Dogs 2 and watched quite a few videos and wasn't 100% sure it was going to be my thing. The mood seemed too childish and too colourful, I was under the impression I preferred the original tone better, but needless to say, temptation got the better of me, and I finally took the plunge.

Personally I love the game, and I think Ubisoft have done a fantastic job on the game, apart from the fact that, you have to buy a season pass to enjoy all the extra content. But all in all a good game to keep you occupied during the bleak winter nights.

Assetto Corsa (PS4)
Assetto Corsa (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great racing Simulation, but very difficult to master!!!!!!, 26 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Assetto Corsa (PS4) (Video Game)
When I first played this game, I was very disappointed. The menus and overall presentation were sub standard compared to other games in this genre. The game also had a number of bugs and performance issues, which are still present, even after the day one patch. The career mode I felt was, and is extremely difficult, even when playing on easy, and it doesn't really feel fun and enjoyable to play or very rewarding, as all the cars are unlocked from the get go anyway.

However having spent some time actually playing the game, I have to admit it really has grown on me, and I think it's a real gem of a racing simulation. The biggest problem however is the steep learning curve, it is extremely difficult to play, and probably impossible to master in my lifetime, given the limited time I have to play and practise.

It is such a shame that Kunos Simulazioni, did not make the game more accessible to beginners and casual gamers alike, as this game could have had a much bigger audience, and would have been much more appealing to the mainstream. I am not the best at racing games myself, and I only use a controller, but I do like my racing games.

The game is playable after making adjustments to the various stetting's, but even then, it is by no means an easy game to play or get into. Hopefully future updates will improve on things. I feel it is a good solid game, just not for the faint hearted, after all its a real racing simulation through and through. There is enjoyment to be had from this game, but you have to work at it, I guess what you put in, is what you get out,

Anyway my advise to anyone else considering purchasing this game would be to read all the reviews you can, watch all the videos you can and then if you still think you want this game, do yourself a favour and ask yourself "Do I really need this game?"

If after all of these things, you still think you fancy buying the game, then you will at least be in a better position as to what to expect.

Happy Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fallout 4 (PS4)
Fallout 4 (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Initially I was disappointed, the graphics seemed poor, 12 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Fallout 4 (PS4) (Video Game)
Having never played a Fallout game before, I was curious what all the fuss was about. Well where do I start. Initially I was disappointed, the graphics seemed poor, the gameplay seemed pretty empty, and the controls were not very intuitive.

I felt the game was empty to start with, but this is obviously intentional, however after sticking with it, and plodding through the first few hours, the game really starts to open up, and it is only then that you appreciate how great this game really is. It truly is amazing, one of the most enjoyable and addictive games I have ever played. I cannot recommend it enough. Yes the graphics are patchy in places, which seem to become less important or obvious as you venture further into the game, there are also some bugs evident, but very few, considering the sheer scale and depth of this game.

It's a no brainer really, if you invest the time and energy playing this game then it rewards you big-time. Do yourself a favour, pick yourself up a copy today!!!!!!!!

Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
Offered by Zeto UK

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't sure about whether to get this or not, 20 Nov. 2015
I wasn't sure about whether to get this or not for all the reasons that have been mentioned before. But there was a great disturbance in the force, and I just couldn't resist!!!!!!

Seriously though, I think the game on the whole is extremely good, superb graphics, wonderful sound effects, and the music is great too. Yes I wish there was a single player campaign, and more content. But it is what it is. I also play Battlefield 4, and yes it's a more complete battlefield experience, but come on, this is STAR WARS!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I really want to spend another £40 on a season pass, but will decide this at a later date, I didn't buy the premium pass for Battlefield 4 and I don't feel like I missed out on much really. If your a diehard FPS fan then you might be disappointed in the lack of content in this game, but if you want a truly fantastic Star Wars experience then I honestly don't think I have played a Star Wars game that can rival this for Authenticity!!!!!

Anyway I'm off to play another round. May the force be with you!!!!!!!

Physionics 5 Levels Height-Adjustable Back Extension Bench Home Fitness Exercise

5.0 out of 5 stars It's very sturdy and seems quite durable, 27 Oct. 2015
This Roman Chair/ Back Bench is superb value for money. It's very sturdy and seems quite durable,.

I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Bloodborne (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Offered by KESEV DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars For the first 4-5 hours I hated this game and felt extremely disappointed with my purchase, 13 April 2015
This review is from: Bloodborne (PS4) (Video Game)
This game may divide opinion, but if you are a true gamer, then you owe it to yourself to buy and persevere with this game. This is not my type of genre normally, and I was very dubious about buying this game. For the first 4-5 hours I hated this game and felt extremely disappointed with my purchase, thinking once again, I've bought into the hype. So I decided to read some online forums to try and learn the basics, avoiding any spoilers if I could. Well the message was clear, persevere, and you will reap the rewards!!!!

You see this game punishes you, until you get the hang of the mechanics, and having just got to grips with it myself, I should imagine the punishment has only just begun, but I'm hooked. There is something quite magical about this game. I haven't enjoyed a game like this since, well a very long time indeed!

Having played the game now for hours I've just started to notice, how much detail and love went into this game, the level design, the graphics, the rewarding gameplay, it is truly amazing and highly addictive, it's just a shame it's so hard to get into at first, and it doesn't give the player much help along the way, you just have to grind your way through it, but it really is worth it.

Game of the decade for me!!!!

Thank you From Software!!!!!!!!!

(All we need from you now, is for you to bring back the Tenchu series on PS4.)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4)
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Spiderman !!!!!, 5 May 2014
As a casual gamer, and having bought many games over the years which soon became dull, and a chore to play, I can honestly say that I am having a lot of fun playing this game.

Ok the Graphics are not what you would expect for the PS4, but they are more than adequate. Gameplay is more important anyway, and this game certainly has got plenty of it. It may become repetative in time, and yes things could always have been done better, but if like me, you are a secret Spiderman fan, and haven't played a Spidey game for a few years, then your in for a real treat.

I was very dubious about getting this game, but I'm glad I did. It is a welcome addition to my PS4 collection, and will keep me entertained until Watch Dogs is released later this month.

Battlefield 4 (PS4)
Battlefield 4 (PS4)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Battlefield 4, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Battlefield 4 (PS4) (Video Game)
Well I was a bit dubious about this game, after hearing about all the problems, but took a chance on it anyway. Firstly the game has been patched, and seems to run ok on my PS4.

The game itself is very similiar to Battlefield 3, but with updated graphics. It is a lot of fun, although it does take some getting used to the new control methods, which are completely different from Battlefield 3.

It's a shame EA are intent on milking all their customers with DLC's, but you don't have to buy these to enjoy the game. All in all, very happy with my purchase, and will happily play this until the arrival of Battlefield 5!!!!

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Offered by Rush Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Early impressions of game!!!!, 20 Sept. 2013
Just played GTA 5 after pre ordering it here on Amazon. It was delivered promptly on the day of release (Thank you Amazon), but I didn't get round to playing it until Thursday 19th. So this review may be a bit premature, but I felt compelled to write an early review, which hopefully I can update later.

Firstly if your a GTA fan, then it is essential that you purchase this game, technically it is milestone achievment in computer games, and visually it does look stunning, but ultimately, gameplay is what counts most, and the feel and flow of the game.

On the build up to launch, I must admit I got caught up in the hype, and was really looking forward to playing this game, I have been playing GTA IV(4) constantly, and for the first time, actually started to get into the game, the characters, and have concluded that it is actually a superb game, possibly one of the best on PS3, so if you don't own a copy then buy it now!!!!!!!

So I had great expectations for GTA V.

When I first installed the game, and after watching the first cutscenes, intro, and gameplay, I must admit that everything did look fantastic, and yet there was something that just wasn't quite right, I hate to say it, but one of my gripes, is driving. In GTA 5, it just feels plain weird (especially after playing GTA 4), the collsion detection on cars and crashes just doen't quite feel right, especially after playing GTA 4, which I thought had superb collision detection on cars and collisions.

For instance if a car door is open on a vehicle ahead of you, and you drive into it expecting it to fly off, it doesn't. Instead it actually stops your car from travelling any further, and even after you try ramming it, it will not allow your car to move. whats that about, very poor coding and collision detection if you ask me, which is hopefully something that Rockstar can address on a new patch update shortly, there are other gripes, but again I think a new patch update will hopefully address these issues!!!!!

So anyway I would love to tell you more, but I'm off to play GTA 5, so if you want to know more, then the best thing you can do, is buy your own copy of the game, and make your own mind up!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 | 2