Profile for graeme_1988 > Reviews

Sunderland in the Roaring Twenties and Troubled Thirties
by Trevor Thorne
Edition: Paperback Shinsho

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and surprising, 2 May 2017
Really enjoyed this book, learned so much about Sunderland. True, as the other reviewer mentions, some of the pictures aren't great (some are nearly 100 years old!), but the content more than makes up for it. Particularly liked the section on Sunderland's rejection of fascism, well worth a read!

Psychopathic Cultures and Toxic Empires
Psychopathic Cultures and Toxic Empires
by Will Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 8 April 2017
Brilliant read from start to finish. Well written, and well rounded. Definitely worth checking out

Francesca Pascal: A World War 2 Novel: World War 2 Romance (World War II Adventure Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping WW2 novel, 19 Aug. 2016
Awesome story that follows one (or ties in...) brilliantly with the first in the series. Found my new favourite series of books, and as soon as I finished this one I bought the next one!

The Cyclist: A World War 2 Novel: World War 2 Romance (World War II Adventure Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 3 Aug. 2016
I’m a huge fan of novels set in WW2, and The Cyclist is up there with the best that I’ve read. It’s a cliché to say ‘I couldn’t put it down’ but I genuinely didn’t want my train stop to arrive so I could carry on reading!

If you are a fan of historical fiction – particularly around France and the French resistance – then I thoroughly recommend this book.

Komputerbay MACMEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz SODIMM 204-Pin Laptop Memory 10-10-10-27 for Apple Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 5 Nov. 2013
Worked perfectly in my Macbook Pro (mid 2012). It is a hell of a lot more responsive and speedier, really happy with this!

Football Manager Stole My Life
Football Manager Stole My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 30 Aug. 2012
As a CM/FM addict for nearly 15 years (it's only when I read that back I realised how much time I have put into the series...), I was over the moon someone had written a book about the game. I'm not an avid reader by any stretch, but I absolutely loved this book and read it relatively quickly.

It's very well written (as expected given the pedigree of the writers), and has great interviews and stories with CM/FM legends over the years, including my old favourites Mark Kerr, Mike Duff, and Stefan Selakovic!

I enjoyed it so much, within hours I had reinstalled CM01/02 to relive the glory days...

One final point, I read this on Kindle, and experienced no difficulties reading this at all. Not sure what a previous review meant regarding green text... Some of the graphics were slightly harder to read due to small font, but no more so than the paper back version!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 12:59 PM BST

Samsung 16GB Galaxy Player 50 - White
Samsung 16GB Galaxy Player 50 - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Very very disappointed, 15 Oct. 2011
I'll keep this very short... After MUCH research, I decided to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Player in 16GB format. It is a lot better than iPod touch in my opinion, but it has two major flaws that make it completely useless, hence the one star.

First of all, the music side of the player is unbearably slow. On average, if I click the music tab, it will take maybe 10 seconds to open, then a further 10-15 seconds to open the artists tab. If I click an artist, it takes around 10 seconds to display the songs. Even the cheapest of mp3 players carry out these simple tasks instantly, so I am not impressed in the slightest with this.

Secondly the 30 hours advertised battery life is completely inaccurate. Despite using no apps, wifi/bluetooth switched off, and turning the device off (rather than standby) after I am finished with it, leaves me with around 8 hours of battery. No where near the advertised 30.

For these two reasons alone I am sending the device back and avoiding Samsung in the future. If you ignore them two issues, this player would be superb, and a genuine iPod killer, but to me they massively let this device down. AVOID!

In addition, I have received awful customer service from Samsung, who seemed disinterested and were not willing to help. They wouldn't even let me post a review on their website as it was negative, rather than positive!

Samsung 8GB Galaxy Player 50 - White
Samsung 8GB Galaxy Player 50 - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great, 8 Oct. 2011

Peter Kay: Live at Manchester Arena [DVD] [2004]
Peter Kay: Live at Manchester Arena [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars even better than his adverts!, 19 Jan. 2006
This DVD is a must for any comedy fan. like one reviewer said, there are no racist jokes and no swearing- jsut everyday things that we can all relate to. i think it is very unfair for some so called fans to rate this really low. i understand they have already bought a similar DVD, but it does state it is from the same tour, therefore its your own fault!
its not just his jokes though, its his body language, and the way he works the audience. his facial expressions have me in tears, especially when he does an impression of his dad when YMCA comes on at a party!
Im serious though, this DVD is got to be one of the funniest i have ever seen!

Jimmy Carr - Live Stand Up  [DVD] [2005]
Jimmy Carr - Live Stand Up [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Jimmy Carr
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Comical Genius!, 3 Jan. 2006
I rate Jimmy Carr as one of the funniest people I have ever seen! This DVD is full of wel thought jokes from everything from gypsy-chavs to Alton Towers! the reason I find him so funny, is that a lot of the time, he jokes about things we dare not say! in his own words, "I only know when I've crossed the line after I've crossed it" (or words to that effect!) He is also a genius on the spot. Coming out with jokes and comebacks instantly. The stuff of legends! I never realised just how funny he was untill I purchased this DVD. I recomend this to any comedy fan.