Profile for W. M. Prichard > Reviews

Content by W. M. Prichard

W. M. Prichard "Marky" (UK)

The Photoshop Elements 11 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Photoshop Elements 11 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, full of new things, 16 April 2013
This is a really good book full of many techniques which I was not aware of. It is written in such a way that you can understand it even if you are not an expert, but it may not be for beginners. It is sometimes difficult to find the actual buttons or menus it talks about, but that is made up for by the hundreds of new things, some of which are almost magical, like taking a head out of one picture and putting it on the body of another in another picture, all automatically. It would have got 5 stars if it had a CD to go with it.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Classroom in a Book: The Official Training Workbook from Adobe Systems (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
by Adobe Creative Team

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 16 April 2013
Full of useful stuff, new ideas and shortcuts. Brill. Pity it does not have a CD to go with it.

Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Red
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work as it should, 16 April 2013
My kids have wireless Logitech mice and I thought the time had come to get up to date. This mouse just does not work properly. Half the time it does not respond to movement. It is very annoying when I am in a rush or trying to be accurate or when I click on the wrong thing. I was going to send it back when it suddenly started working perfectly. So I didn't send it back - now it isn't working properly again. It is unreliable.

Assassin's Creed II (PC)
Assassin's Creed II (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, exciting and challnaging, 27 Oct. 2011
One of the best games I have ever played. When my 13 year old asked for Assassins Creed II for Christmas last year I was reluctant for many reasons. I finally agreed. Shortly afterwards he said he wanted to study Italian at School.
Later when the cost of the game went down to £5 I bought a copy for myself. I have not had so much fun since the early days of Lara Croft. The game is fun, exciting and at times I am terrified as I leap from one house to another, or try to find my way out of a problem.
Overall I would say it is the best game I have ever played. My son loved it and it encouraged him to do Italian at school - what more could you ask of a computer game. Assassin's Creed II (PC)

WordPerfect Office 2002 Standard Up
WordPerfect Office 2002 Standard Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Knocks "Word" into a cocked hat!, 11 Nov. 2001
I have been a WordPerfect man for years. I seem to live on my wordprocessor and its performance effects my life dramatically.
I was worried about getting this upgrade when it is so new, but I have not upgraded for nearly five years, and I felt the time had come to improve - and improve it did.
I have to use MS Word often, and that is always a good reminder of how superior WordPerfect is. It is faster, easier to paginate and correct pagination errors. It's handling of diagrams, drawings, pictures and so on for desktop publishing is excellent. The spell check is now even better with a good dictionary.
All in all, it knocks Word into a cocked hat. It is as good as one could ever hope for, and better than anything I have used before. It has never hung in the month I have had it (and I am on it all day). The printer commands present no problem: it is smooth, slick and fast.
I am very happy indeed with my new WordPerfect Office 2002.
Mark Prichard