Profile for The Goose > Reviews

Acen "Five Things I Like Bike" Ceramic Mug, White, 11 oz
Acen "Five Things I Like Bike" Ceramic Mug, White, 11 oz
Offered by FlyingTurtles

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm, bacon!, 19 Jan. 2016
Bought this for the resident biker/bacon lover in my abode, he was delighted! Good quality, would recommend!

Bed Boost Mattress Support - Fast Fix for a Sagging Mattress
Bed Boost Mattress Support - Fast Fix for a Sagging Mattress
Offered by 2fit Your Fitness Partner

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective!, 19 Jan. 2016
I was very impressed with this. My mattress has been sagging in the middle for a few months now and I thought I would need to replace it, but saw this and thought it was worth a shot, being considerably cheaper than a new mattress. Takes a little bit of trial and error to get it to a position where it is most comfortable, but has made such a big difference, no more morning achy backs! Would definitely recommend!

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: New Orleans
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: New Orleans
by Paul Greenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely can't be beaten!, 30 Aug. 2014
This is about the 4th or 5th Top 10 travel guide by Eyewitness I've bought now, as like the others, it does not disappoint in the slightest.

I love these books, they're just fantastic with their little maps, and tons of useful information about the best sights to visit, food to eat etc etc. Some travel books are also awfully heavy, which doesn't help when you're contending with baggage allowances. This is perfect - wordy enough that you're not just getting half a story, but hand luggage sized.

I'm almost at a point now that if the place I'm going doesn't have a Top 10 book, it's probably not worth visiting!

Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 30 Aug. 2014
Had this for quite a few months now, and really love it. It's so simple to use, straight from the box. It feels sturdier than some other expansion hard drives I've had in the past.

Great buy.

Speech Therapy Aphasia Rehabilitation *STAR* Workbook II: Receptive Language: 2
Speech Therapy Aphasia Rehabilitation *STAR* Workbook II: Receptive Language: 2
by Amanda Paige Anderson M.S. CCC-SLP

5.0 out of 5 stars A massive help!, 30 Aug. 2014
I bought this for my father who had a stroke just over 3 weeks ago and has had some communication difficulties since.

I found it when my mother and I were pretty stuck with the lack of information about exercises you can do to help people with Aphasia. We feel it's helped him a lot in quite a short space of time and would definitely recommend it. We did also buy the first book in this series although he did find this one slightly easier to grasp. His speech therapist also agreed it was a good buy, but suggested we didn't use it for extended periods every day - although my father was keen to carry on - as he was getting a little frustrated on the bits which didn't come too easily to him - patience and reassurance is definitely key here.

The book is a little Americanised in places - talking about the US States etc. I wouldn't say it affects my rating for the book at all, but worth keeping in mind, as we've personally decided to skip over some of those bits to avoid any possible confusion.

We have decided to buy the third book in the series too - I'd suggest it'll take many months to get through all three, but we really have found the first two very helpful.

Speech Therapy Aphasia Rehabilitation Workbook: Expressive and Written Language
Speech Therapy Aphasia Rehabilitation Workbook: Expressive and Written Language
by Amanda Paige Anderson M.S. CCC-SLP

4.0 out of 5 stars Certainly helps!, 30 Aug. 2014

I found it when my mother and I were, to be honest in a bit of despair about the lack of information about exercises you can do to help people with Aphasia. It really does seemed to have helped him in quite a short space of time, although some exercises he has found more difficult than others. We did also buy the second book in this series, which he seems to find slightly easier to grasp. I guess this is largely dependent on how the brain has been affected, but if there are difficulties with this book, it might be worth you trying another in the series to see if it helps more.

One very, very minor point to mention - the book is Americanised in places - for example talks about a faucet, rather than a tap - not a big deal but as we thought it might cause confusion, we missed out those bits for now.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate in Tommy K!, 7 Mar. 2014
I find it criminal that this isn't more widely available - it's considerably less acidic tasting than the leading brand, and will make your bacon butty taste divine!

Love that it's in a proper glass bottle too - no new fangled squeezy bottles here!

If you haven't tried this, I would highly recommend.

The Icecreamists: Boutique ice creams and other guilty pleasures to make and enjoy at home
by Matt O'connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen delightfulness!, 7 Mar. 2014
Genuinely cannot rate this book enough.

Provides clear step by step instructions, and creates ice cream makers full of nothing less than heavenly frozen matter.

My personal favourite is the Frisky Bison - it's so good it sometimes doesn't make it into the freezer for it's final freezing and only gets as far as a cocktail glass.

If you have an ice cream maker, you should have this book :-)

Andrew James Ice Cream Maker - Voted "Best Buy" By Which? Magazine. 1.5 Litre - White
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Creates beautiful ice creams!, 7 Mar. 2014
Bought this over a year ago now, and whilst I don't use it especially often (thank god my stomach says!) every time I do I'm really impressed with the results - it does create beautifully lovely smooth ice creams and sorbets.

There are a couple of minor things to mention though. Firstly - the bowl which sits in your freezer is quite large, so you do need to have a fairly tall shelf/drawer - about 6 to 7 inches should do it. Secondly - the motor is rather noisy when it's running.

Generally though - well worth the cost.

Snow Queen Vodka, 70 cl () - Organic
Snow Queen Vodka, 70 cl () - Organic
Offered by TheDrinksBasket

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth!, 7 Mar. 2014
Absolutely beautifully smooth, not entirely dissimilar from Grey Goose which is normally more expensive.

I find it goes really nicely with fresh Orange Juice but it's pretty good with all the usual vodka accompaniments.

If you're a vodka fan, definitely worth a whirl!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5