Profile for Nathan > Reviews

Content by Nathan

Nathan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Essential Oil Diffuser,Holan 120ml Cool Mist Humidifier [Auto Shut Off] [Silent Operation] [Multi Colors Option] [Mist Modes/Continuous /30s Intervals] [Tap Water] [Enough Steam] with 5.7ft Cord, Light & Portable [simple to use / unscrew lid] as Air Freshener for Bedroom, Nursery
Offered by HolanDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, calming item for those times you just want to... relax., 5 Aug. 2016
The product arrived in a 'Holan' branded box with an image of the product on the front.

Upon opening the box, the item is presented vertically with the jug and power adapter included at the bottom of the item. Everything was simply to remove and was packed in a sensible fashion. 5 Stars for this.

The product itself has a frosted white top with a solid white base. Unscrewing the top-half reveals the water reservoir and internals of the item. The size is relatively small and is about the size of a soft-drinks can with about an inch or so added. As in the pictures there is a narrow spout at the top that allows the steam to escape. Not much more to say about the design of the item apart from it's relevantly clean with two function buttons positioned at the base of the item - mist and light which will become apparent later on.

I firstly twisted the cap off and used the provided jug to fill it to the 'Max' fill line. I placed the the cap back on, twisted it to lock and then plugged in the diffuser. The light immediately came on and was fading between a multitude of colours from purple to blue to red to lots more. Pressing the 'Mist' button once, a green light is presence and the mist begins to come out the top, pressing the button again turns the LED Red with nothing happening the to mist. The difference between these two modes, according to the manual, is that the 'Green' mode produces steam for 30 seconds where as the 'Red' mode produces steam until turned off. Handy feature if you just want a short burst of steam. The 'Light' button simply allows for you to either fade through colours, have a static colour and choose a colour you want or turn the light off all together.

Throughout testing, everything was fine. Nothing malfunctioned and was relatively happy with the result. Overall, if you're after a diffuser, this isn't too bad. Has a calming mood light complete with a reasonable height of steam. Highly recommended!

Iextreme Gopro Essential Accessories Bundle Kit 45-in-1 Accessories Set for Gopro Hero 1/2/3/4 SJ4000 SJ5000 SJ6000 Sports Camera Accessory Set
Offered by IextremeDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag of goodies!, 1 Aug. 2016
I was sent this bundle for review and to give my honest opinion on the items received. Although not having an official GoPro, these did work well with my cheaper, no-name GoPro Camera.

On top of this, the screws, mounts and more feel that they will last for a reasonable amount of time and succumb to just as much wear and tear as a possible. The quality shown in this bundle is good. The plastic looks well moulded on every item, and all well-built. The Floaty Backdoor and the Floating Hand Grip and I am yet to test but look and feel well made. Furthermore, the mounts feel sturdy enough to hold the camera in strong winds such as on a motorbike. The suction cup could be stronger, as it is not as strong as other suction cups.

I am satisfied that I will use these items when using my camera. The mounts supplied allow for a range of GoPro shots that you wouldn’t usually get without these mounts. This accessory bundle pretty much has an accessory for every occasion, and every location where you are filming. Therefore, I would recommend this bundle for a person who is just starting out with action cameras and doesn’t want to spend too much on accessories for their camera.

Overall, well worth the purchase for use with a GoPro or alternate camera..

Lumsing Quick Charge 2.0 Multi-Port USB Wall Charger,33W Charging Station Dock, 1 Port QC2.0 + 3 Port with Smart IC Technology, 4 Port Wall Charging Hub for SmartPhones-Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars QuickCharge is a hero!, 19 Mar. 2016
I was excited to hear that Lumsing had finally brought out a product that contained the QC 2.0 specification and was happy to see when I received it.

The wall plug came in a timely manner and was presented in a brown, cardboard box. Cutting the tape, the box opened a flap from the top and inside was the following:

~ Lumsing QC 2.0 Multi-Port
~ Leaflets

The first thing I noticed when removing the wall plug was the weight and general texture of the device. It's a weird material but one that's pleasing to feel as it's never been done before. It features a sleek design and one of the best looking out there. Nice use of colour, and generally looks great. 5 stars for this.

In terms of usability, it was great to use, although slightly chunky if I'm honest but hey ho, beggars can't be choosers. It features the beloved QC port at the top with a colour code of Orange and the non-QC ports in another colour. Great usability here. Not much to say apart from, easy to plug USB cables in.

Testing with this device was a breeze. Owning other Lumsing products, the same quality existed. Evenmore so containing the QC element, my S6 Edge was a breeze to charge with. Charging much faster than ordinary chargers.

Overall, a great wall adapter for someone who is looking to travel on the move but also stay at home. It features fast enough charging. Easy to use and well, not much more to say.

Lumsing® Harmonica Series Dual-usb Portable Battery Charger 10400mah External Power Bank for Iphone 6s 6 Plus 6 5s 5 Ipad Air Mini Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ S6 S5 Nexus HTC Gopro and More (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Travelling? You need this battery..., 19 Mar. 2016
After looking for a product that would suit my battery needs, I decided that this would be the product to buy. Countless reviews state that this is one of the best out there but lacks the name like Anker and what not.

The battery came in a timely manner and was presented in a brown, cardboard box. Cutting the tape, the box opened vertically to reveal a padded box with the contents inside which were:

~ Lumsing Battery Pack
~ Flat Micro-USB Cable
~ Pouch

The first thing I noticed when removing the battery was it's glossiness and overall weight. It felt heavy enough to believe the capacity was real. It features a sleek design and one of the best looking out there. Nice use of colour, and generally looks great. 5 stars for this.

In terms of usability, the design isn't something which I'd consider personally. The side mounted USB sockets are quite tedious to use in some conditions. For example, unable to charge devices whilst in the pouch due to the USB coming out the side. Design flaw here but simple fix is to take the charger out the pouch.

Testing with this device was a breeze. Owning other Lumsing products, the same quality existed. Charging time was reasonable and no glitches here. It charged around the same time that my other 10,000mAh batteries did so the capacity, again is something to believe. Charging the devices themselves, proved fine for the battery. Ample time you'd expect from the amperage output of 2.1a but hey ho, it's fine for this day and age. Lasted a long time and got numerous charges out of it for my phone.

Overall, a great portable battery for someone who is looking to travel on the move. It features fast enough charging with the storage and capacity you'd expect. Easy to use and well, not much more to say.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great wall adapter!, 8 Mar. 2016
***Please note, the unit I received was a review unit provided to me by Lumsing. My views are 100% unbiased and genuine***

Delivery
The unit was delivered in a very timely manner with no fuss – delivered to me via official Amazon retail channels. It came in an official Amazon box and inside held the Lumsing box. Once the seal had been cut, the item was presented within a box and plastic box inside.

Design
The design itself is modern and sleek whilst giving a nice blue colour. The device itself has a textured finish.

Testing

Conclusion
In conclusion I think it’s a great product with lots of potential and a lot to offer. It charges devices in an ample and fast duration and also gives the ability to charge multiple devices at once – what more do you want in such an amazing product. It may all seem cliché and cheesy but all these opinions are genuine and are of my own testing. I cannot rate this product enough!

Lumsing® Grand Series A1 Plus Dual USB Power Bank 13400mAh Portable Charger for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy and other Android Phone and Tablet(Silvery)
Offered by Great Conqueror

5.0 out of 5 stars A great power bank at a great price. With some suprises!, 23 Jan. 2016

Delivery
The unit was delivered in a very timely manner with no fuss – delivered to me via official Amazon retail channels. It came in an official Amazon box and inside held the Lumsing box. Once the seal had been cut, the item was presented within a plastic bag, micro-USB cable and accompanying leaflets.

Design
The design itself is modern and sleek but big enough and heavy to believe the capacity. It features a combination of an anodized shell and a glossy exterior around the USB ports. The product I received was the silver variant and proves to be fashionable and relatively nice looking.

Testing
All in all, this device performs well and to the mark. Two USB ports provide you with ample opportunity to charge almost every USB device you own, at the same time. On average, a person will probably own at least two to three USB capable devices, this allows for the excellent availability to charge all of them, at once. The one thing I applaud Lumsing one is testing the unit. In the past I’ve tried USB power banks and they all have the same problem – an irritating whistling sound. This doesn’t and I am relatively happy it doesn’t – especially useful when sleeping. My devices charged relatively fast and had a full charge within a few hours. Ok, it’s no Qualcomm Fast Charge fast but it’s more quantity over performance. An excellent addition to this was the flashlight, which provided ample lighting but may take a hit on battery if constantly used.

The Stone Roses [VINYL]
The Stone Roses [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good album, D'you know what I mean?, 11 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Stone Roses [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Recently getting into vinyl I began looking for my favourite artists and alas, The Stone Roses was there and a steal at £13! Due to no stock, the vinyl came expedited and came in a reasonable time frame. Opening the soft shrink revealed a matte like finish and some embossed text. Pulling the sleeve out revealed the Vinyl.

My copy came with some marks on the vinyl but luckily doesn't affect playback, got a partial refund from Amazon for this so hats off to them. Generally, the vinyl sounds good and I can enjoy my Manc music in full vinyl experience. Ok, I'm no audiophile but it's good enough to listen to "I wanna be adored" through my Audio Technica AT-LP60USB via AUX on my BOSE!

As per, the album cannot be matched. The Stone Roses self-titled, is pure music to my ears and one of the best out there.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good case with a lot to offer., 28 Dec. 2015
After my previous Macbook case had broken I needed a replacement and came across this fella. Bright orange was my chosen poison and off I went to click the buy button. It arrived next day and well packaged via Prime as always and I proceeded to open the packaging.

On inspection the case was well sealed from the shrink wrap and well covered. Breaking it open revealed what was felt to be high quality, glossy plastic. You could tell instantly the case had high value to it. The bright orange colour makes it stand out and brights a dull grey Macbook to a colourful orange party.

The case applied well and isn't loose, keeping my beloved Macbook protected from scratches and marks. Looks and feels great.

Overall, a good buy to add some protection to your Macbook.

Asus A88XM-A Motherboard / FM2+ Socket / micro-ATX AMD A88X SATA III D-Sub DVI HDMI USB 3.0

4.0 out of 5 stars A small board with a lot of potential., 28 Dec. 2015
Wanting to build a low-cost AMD build the FM2/FM2+ socket was my first choice due to low cost and performance in one unit. During the season of Black Friday, Amazon had reduced these to a hefty and unmissable price of £16 and so I had to pick two up.

The motherboard came next-day via Prime and as usual, well packed. Opening it up you find the usual Motherboard guts including:

- The motherboard
- 2x S-ATA Cables
- Manuals
- Driver CD
- Sticker

After gathering the other parts my specification looked like this:

- Thermaltake Core V21 mATX Cube Case
- AMD A10-7870k 3.9GHz CPU
- 4GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM
- 240GB SSD
- 500W PSU

The build in total came to around £220 which wasn't bad at all for a high end FM2+ CPU and an SSD etc. The build went together nicely and we had lift off! The motherboard works perfect and is ideal for a HTPC or other means of a small PC. The colour scheme looks great inside the chassis.

Apart from that, solid quality as always from ASUS and supports things, even I was shocked to find, that are on higher end mATX boards such as four RAM slots and PCIe 3.0 along with the numerous S-ATA ports included. All in all a good board.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2016 11:16 AM BST

Lumsing 60W 6-Port USB Desktop Charger Smart Charging Station for iPhone 6S Plus 6S 6 Plus 6 5S 5 iPad Air Note Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5 HTC LG BT headset and more

4.0 out of 5 stars A neat product with lots to offer!, 20 Dec. 2015

Delivery
The unit was delivered in a very timely manner with no fuss – delivered to me via Yodel. The box itself was a two in one unit that combined packing and the actual delivery box in one box. Instead of having the box inside another box with extra packing, Lumsing have essentially provided the same with less packaging.
Once the seal had been cut, the item was presented within a plastic bag, some leaflets of information and then a standard three-pin (UK) plug to two pin. Apart from that there wasn’t anything else included.

Design
The design itself is modern and sleek and proves to be much slimmer than my other six port desktop charger. It features a combination of matte plastic and a glossy exterior around the USB ports. Because all ports function and can adjust their current via the IQ technology, all ports have a “fence-like” label that labels them all as having the IQ technology. Chamfered edges give it a nice design and something that will fit into any modern environment. It also feel
The only downside to my personal review unit was a few marks that were present on the device but this shouldn’t be apparent on retail models.

Testing
All in all, this device performs well and to the mark. Six USB ports provide you with ample opportunity to charge almost every USB device you own, all at the same time. On average, a person will probably own at least two to three USB capable devices, this allows for the excellent availability to charge all of them, at once, delivering the same or adjusted current/voltage thanks to the Lumsing IQ Technology. In a nutshell, the device is able to adjust the current/voltage based on what the device needs to charge.
The one thing I applaud Lumsing one is testing the unit. In the past I’ve tried hub USB chargers and they all have the same problem – an irritating whistling sound. This doesn’t and I am relatively happy it doesn’t – especially useful when sleeping. My devices charged relatively fast and had a full charge within a few hours. Ok, it’s no Qualcomm Fast Charge fast but it’s more quantity over performance.

Conclusion
In conclusion then what do I think? I think it’s a great, solid product with lots of potential and a lot to offer. It charges devices in an ample and fast duration and also gives the ability to charge multiple devices at once – what more do you want in such an amazing product. It may all seem cliché and cheesy but all these opinions are genuine and are of my own testing. I cannot rate this product enough! I do already own a Lumsing 10,000mAh so coupled with this is even better. The name may not be well known but as the saying goes ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5