Profile for Lucy > Reviews

Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Sept. 2015
Good zombie movie

Tallie's Knight (Mills & Boon Historical)
Tallie's Knight (Mills & Boon Historical)
by Anne Gracie

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 15 Nov. 2012
I just loved this book, it was very warm and I loved the pairing of the two main characters. I really enjoyed how Tallie would have these daydreams and had her own inner world. She was a genuinely sweet character, but still retained her backbone. I loved how Marcus was actually a very nice man, just completely at sea with dealing with people's emotions and thus comes across very cold. Anne Grace is definitely one of the best writers for this genre, and a brilliant romance writer.

An Angel for the Earl
An Angel for the Earl

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this, 9 Nov. 2012
I think anyone who likes traditional regency romances will probably like Barbara Metzger. Saying that, this book doesn't follow any of the usual tropes. Lucy is a very sheltered heiress who right at the beginning of the book is fooled into an elopement, which ends in disaster and she is left in a coma. She is sent back (in ghostly form) to try and save the Earl of Stanford, Kerry's soul. It's a very easy read, full of humour and romance. I really loved it.

Final Friends Trilogy
Final Friends Trilogy
by Christopher Pike

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 26 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Final Friends Trilogy (Paperback)
I could remember being a teenager and absolutely loving this book. Christopher Pike definitely knows how to weave a tail and draw you into all the different lives of his characters. It was very enjoyable and he keeps the mystery simmering for the entire three books. I would reccomend Christopher Pike as an author, he will keep you entertained.

The Officer and the Proper Lady (MB Continuities)
The Officer and the Proper Lady (MB Continuities)
by Louise Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Oct. 2012
I won't bother writing a summary as it's already been very well covered. What I will say is that this is a great series, and I agree with the previous reviewer that this is the best book of the lot. I think you can read it as a stand alone book, and it's very enjoyable. I love the relationship that develops between the h&h.

The Way to a Duke's Heart: The Truth About the Duke
The Way to a Duke's Heart: The Truth About the Duke

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 14 Oct. 2012
This is the 3rd in a trilogy, although I don't think you have to read the other two to know what's going on. It's a great book, with lovable characters, great romance, a bit of a mystery. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be reading much more by Caroline Linden.

Morning Glory
Morning Glory
by LaVyrle Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Morning Glory (Paperback)
This is just such a beautiful poignant love story, full of quiet humour and understanding. Both the main characters are very lovable and you see their relationship really grow. There's a real feeling of them saving each other and making each others lives infinitely better. It's such a lovely story, I just wish they'd put it on kindle, I thoroughly reccomend this book.

Goddess of the Hunt: A Rouge Regency Romance
Goddess of the Hunt: A Rouge Regency Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Agree with first review - BUY IT!, 6 Oct. 2012
This was such a lovely book. Full of romance and humour and characters that you fall in love with. Anyone who likes romance books will love this. Definitely a must buy, you won't regret it.

One Dance With a Duke: A Rouge Regency Romance (The Stud Club Series Book 1)
One Dance With a Duke: A Rouge Regency Romance (The Stud Club Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 3 Oct. 2012
I first read a novella written by Tessa Dare and it was a perfectly pleasant read but it didn't really draw me in. Since then I've read 2 of her books based on the positive reviews, "A week to be wicked" and this one of the rogue series. I think the reason the novella didn't work as well for me, is that these books are full. She manages to create whole little mini universes full of characters that you like and want to see more of. She needs a whole book to have the time to let everyone come to life. As well there's a lot of adventure, but she manages very well not to overshadow the central romance. She's able to write with a lot of humour and both of her books that I've read made me laugh out loud at times. Theres also lots of sexual tension and good sex scenes. All in all what's not to like - humour, adventure, romance and love.

A Woman Scorned (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron series Book 2)
A Woman Scorned (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron series Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars I feel bad but..., 30 Sept. 2012
Liz Carlyle is an amazing writer and I love a lot of her books. However this wasn't one of them, I just didn't connect with the story at all. The writing was good, my problem was with the heroine. I didn't like her, as her past unfolds I felt more sympathy towards her but I never liked her, she was just too spiky. For me, disliking the heroine in a romance book is a deal breaker. Liz Carlyle normally makes me fall in love with her characters but not this time. For someone wanting to try Liz Carlyle books, I wouldn't start with this one, she's done much better books in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3