Profile for Safe reviews > Reviews

Content by Safe reviews

Safe reviews "safemouse"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Simple Solution 6x Layer All Day Premium Dog Pads, 58 x 60cm, Lavender Scent - 50 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple, dependable solution, 2 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not going to pretend there's much that can be said about puppy pads. We have a Chihuahua, she's fully grown now but we found it easier all round to have these laid down and they've never let us down. I was fortunate to have some sent to me as part of the Vine program but we use this brand anyway and you can take that as an endorsement. The difference with these is, they smell of lavender but the dog isn't fussed one way or the other.

SKIN&CO Roma Umbrian Truffle Serum 30 ml
SKIN&CO Roma Umbrian Truffle Serum 30 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the elixir the label promises, 30 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Who knew truffles could slow down aging? Possibly they can't. After nearly 4 weeks of use I can report no significant difference to signs of aging... but it smells and feels classy and it absorbs SO easily. And yes, my skin looks healthier. Perhaps with time I'll start to see it look younger, too. The price of 46 pounds is way too steep, though.

Is Islam an Enemy of the West? (Global Futures)
Is Islam an Enemy of the West? (Global Futures)
by Tamara Sonn

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but...is the question really answered?, 26 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This concise book packs a powerful punch and gives an excellent insight into the tangled web of Middle East politics and radical Islam. It also makes a convincing argument that Islam is far from being the threat that many in the West suppose. Bottom line, we're unlikely to be forced to convert to Islam anytime soon. What it doesn't do is really get to the heart of why people see Islam as an enemy of Western culture and mores. It runs much deeper than simply fearing a terrorist threat or a caliphate and has more to do with seeing Islam as steadily challenging and eroding a Western way of life. Islam is perhaps an enemy in that many Muslims do find the mores and cultural norms of Europe difficult and vice versa and this has created division in schools and neighbourhoods. For Muslims, there can be a sense of not really belonging in the country they were born in and for others, broadly speaking, there may be a sense of anger that Muslims have taken advantage of their country's hospitality without trying to fit in or agreeing to assimilate. There are obviously two sides to the coin. Many of the people that fear that England will no longer be a land of cricket greens, warm beer and quaint village pubs a hundred years from now, only to be replaced by a land dotted with minarets and the sound of a call to prayer may well be right, but here's the thing. They won't be alive and surely what matters is how the people born into that world feel about it. The demographics will certainly be very different and as we tend to accept the reality we're presented with there may be no problem, but on the other hand there may be civil war as Muslim numbers grow and Muslim groups are more vocal in their conflicting demands and influential in politics. So I must deduct a point for not including at least one chapter of this aspect of the argument but overall the message I got was that the West has been just as much if not more of an enemy of Islamic countries, if not Islam.

Loaded: Money, Psychology, and How to Get Ahead Without Leaving Your Values Behind
by Sarah Newcomb

3.0 out of 5 stars Time is money, perhaps spend your time more wisely, 25 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Books about money grow on trees, literally, so someone had to come up with a new concept. Sarah Newcomb's book isn't so much a how to make money or a how to hold onto it as a treatise on your actual perception of and relationship with it. In that regard, it's a five star idea but the actual book has a rambling, discursive feel to it which made it hard for me to get into. It reads like a rough draft of a much better book, full of ideas that need slicker presentation. If you can forgive her that, and if financial psychology is a subject close to your heart, there's plenty of interest here but for me it feels too much like someone thinking aloud and playing with lots of concepts, rather than moulding them into a properly digestible book.

AmazonBasics 1-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio Cable - 4.57 meters
AmazonBasics 1-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio Cable - 4.57 meters

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 19 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an unusual style cable designed to split a mono signal into a left and right (but still mono) signal that feeds an amplifier. I'm surprised other reviewers are saying they've been using it on CD players and record decks, that would be an unusual application, as most CDs and records are stereo. Anyway, whatever you want it for I don't think you can find fault with it and I certainly can't add anything to what has been said elsewhere. It's a quality product that belies the 'basic' tag.

SKIN&CO Roma Rosemary and Verbena Hand Cream 30 ml
SKIN&CO Roma Rosemary and Verbena Hand Cream 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars The best I've used, 19 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had very dry skin on my hands since I was a boy, in fact my skin often cracks and bleeds, and there is almost nothing that can deal with it that you can buy off the shelf in Boots or your local pharmacy. It seems to be related to the seasons and weather and I just have to make the best of it. This is not the silver bullet but it is probably the best handcream I've used. It keeps my hands soft and supple for longer than other handcreams and it's far less messy than most. I can't afford to buy it on my budget but if it wasn't a silly price it would definitely be a mainstay.

Marsace MT-01 Robust Table Desktop Tripod with Ball Head
Marsace MT-01 Robust Table Desktop Tripod with Ball Head
Offered by Rogitech UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting close, 15 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and disagree slightly with the other reviewers. As we all know, Chinese companies are catching up with Western counterparts fast and at first glance this looks like a small but semi-professional tripod that could be made by Manfrotto or some such similar household name in photographic equipment. It's heavy and sturdy, adjustable in several different ways and even has wheels on the bottom which means you can push it along a table and use it as a crane to get a tracking shot. However, it didn't take long discover that it wasn't the real deal. There was a screw missing, instructions written in Chinglish and a spirit level that for the life of me I either can't figure out, or more likely, appears not to work properly. I suspect that this is, shall we say, a 'homage' to a very similar tripod made by somebody else. It's still perfectly usable and, to be honest, will probably come in handy for some of the filming I do but the drawbacks niggle too much.

Instant Networking: The Simple Way to Build Your Business Network and See Results in Just 6 Months
by Stefan Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything you always wanted to know about networking, 11 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a thorough, authoritative and well laid out book about networking primarily geared at someone in sales or running a business rather than just anybody who wants to be better connected. I found myself nodding off as I read it, Thomas doesn't have a style as readable as the great networking gurus, but if you give yourself a slap and pay attention you'll see this is a book savvy about the here and now. It's the details that count and he's got a lot to say about networking in 2017, with all the necessary insights into social media and networking events that a book worth reading should have.

How to Speak So People Really Listen: The Straight-Talking Guide to Communicating with Influence and Impact
by Paul McGee

4.0 out of 5 stars Twice as long as it needs to be but not without merit, 8 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On page four Paul writes, 'Trust me.' He says it on page five too. And twice on page ten. He's doing it, I assume, to make sure that I trust him but so far he's just annoying me and talking down to me. And on it goes. However, in spite of a writing style I personally found grating and rambling (I hope he doesn't write a book called 'How to write so people really read') there is some sound advice and I know this because much of what he says applies to lessons I learnt teaching abroad. If you are intelligent and resourceful alot of what Paul suggests you will probably be doing anyway but reading what we know or think we know is always helpful and if I were going back into a public speaking context I would pull this off the shelf, for sure. My only other gripe is this is for public speakers. It's not for someone who just wants to be listened to on a day to day basis, which would make for a more profound book.

SuperHubs: How the Financial Elite and Their Networks Rule our World
SuperHubs: How the Financial Elite and Their Networks Rule our World
by Sandra Navidi

4.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 6 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Some of us read for escapism, some because we want to be told something we don't know. Superhubs is one of those books that opens up a world most of us wouldn't mind having a nose around, showing us who some of the movers and shakers are in this world, dispensing tips on how to win friends and influence people and giving us a crash course in how money makes the world go round. Like all good books it has lessons and insights that apply to everyone, regardless of their interest in politics or finance and it has some fancy vocabulary I'll add to my repertoire. It didn't set my imagination on fire but it certainly got me thinking and told me not only things I don't know, but things I didn't know that I wanted to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17