Profile for MazalUK > Reviews

Content by MazalUK

MazalUK

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars This phone is rubbish!, 23 Mar. 2014
I received the the phone from China having purchased it from "best selling" and it was immediately apparent that the touch screen wasn't working well. After an hour of trying to input data I gave up and told them I wanted my money back. They took for ever to respond and in the end they told me that I would have to return the phone to them before they could consider a refund. It cost me £12.50 to return the phone, and it took them 3 weeks to refund me the amount paid. When I asked for a refund of the postage I was met with a wall of silence. Do not deal with this company!

Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for a reasonable price, 31 Jan. 2014
I have just taken delivery of this phone and I can truly say that it lives up to all its promises.

The touch screen is responsive without being over sensitive and the screen resolution makes it easy on the eye.

Navigation is easy and the built in help systems a joy to use.

I bought the 16gb model, so I don't think I am going to miss having the memory card facility.

Summery: Well built device easy to use and almost foolproof (well there is always the exception to the rule!)

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
by Jonas Jonasson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 23 Mar. 2013
This has to be both the most gripping as well as the most humourous book I have ever read. The main character is larger than life and the story is just, but only just believable. A stolen drugs fortune, a really stupid drugs gang, a hot dog seller with a stand in the middle of nowhere and a lady farm owner with a four (or is it five?!) ton elephant as a pet are only some of the wonderful eccentric characters you will meet in this delightful tale.

Switching back and forward in time, the story comes together towards the end uniting past and present.

Highly appreciated and recommended.

Samsung DV300F SMART Compact Digital Camera - Purple (16.0MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 LCD

2.0 out of 5 stars Clunky operator, 19 Dec. 2012
First the good points: the camera is smart and reasonably easy to use. The picture quality is good, although not outstanding.

The really one bad point is the length of time it takes from pressing the shutter button to the operation of the shutter. This is so frustratingly slow that I can only allow 2 stars for this device.

Philip Mercier Clip On Doctors Unisex Watch With White Dial-Nw09/A
Philip Mercier Clip On Doctors Unisex Watch With White Dial-Nw09/A

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but efficiant, 15 July 2012
The trouble I have with my sensitive skin means that I am unable to wear jewellary of any kind, so if I want a watch, then it has to be of the fob kind.

This watch fulfils my needs as it is compact yet the dial is clear and clips well onto my belt loop. It is a reasonable timekeeper (for £10 I don't expect Rolex accuracy!) and is unobtrusive.

It would probably pay me to buy a new one when the battery expires rather than pay around the same price for just the battery!

The Spectator
The Spectator

4.0 out of 5 stars Happiness is a Wednesday evening, 5 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Spectator (Kindle Edition)
For some unknown reason, I get my Kindle copy of the Speccie delivered 3 days before the print version. It took me a couple of issues to realise this, but then the race is on to finish it before it mysteriously disappears from the device (unless 'kept', of course)and I get served with the following week's copy!

This is a fun magazine and so much cheaper than the print variety (OK, so they miss out the graphics and the puzzles, but I can live with that.)

The contributers are excellent and between Taki, Melissa and Jeremy I can see all sides of life!

Karrimor Urban 30 Rucksack Black/Black 30 Ltr
Karrimor Urban 30 Rucksack Black/Black 30 Ltr

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says, it carries more!, 13 Nov. 2011
Very comfortable to wear, even when heavy and fully Good quality material, handy compartments and rugged design. Has now acompanied me on two trips abroad effortlessly.

Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3S 10.1 inch SD+LED netbook (Intel Atom N455 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Bluetooth, Windows 7 Starter) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot for only a little, 14 Mar. 2011
I didn't really expect much from a computer that was under £200, but I was amazed at what this little beauty can do! OK, so its not as fast as my regular laptop - but then that was 10X the price!

Press the main "on" button and you get into the main O/S where you can set up all your regular websites - and get this - it has face recognition, so every time it sees my ugly mush it gets turned on (more than you can say for the girls(!) Not seen that sort of technology outside of sci-fi or James Bond films! Oh yes, and there is space for a sim card so you can go 3G without the dongle.

Now here is the real killer - press the "Quick Start" button (on the opposite side of the screen)and it becomes an electronic pad with some of your favourite apps already loaded. It is limited to half a dozen or so apps, but you can change them around, download your favourites and delete others you don't need.

Add to all this hi-fi sound, built in webcam and HD screen performance and its "Apple, eat your heart out"! I was going to buy the iPad 2 but why should I bother spending £600 when I have all I want for a third of that?