Profile for MayGoodComeToUs > Reviews

Content by MayGoodComeToUs

MayGoodComeToUs (Rome, Lazio, ITALY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Cat Catcher - Mouse and Wand Cat Toy: From the maker of Da Bird
Cat Catcher - Mouse and Wand Cat Toy: From the maker of Da Bird
Offered by Purrs In Our Hearts

5.0 out of 5 stars Is There a Cat Catcher-Mouse and Wand Cat Toy 12-Step Program?, 5 Feb. 2016
Yes, our cat is addicted to this toy. Our cat is usually very glad to see us when we come home. It is not unusual to hear her crying behind the closed kitchen door when she hears us come through the front door. When the kitchen door is opened, she usually comes peeling out and rubs up against our legs etc...Not the other day. The other day, she stalked out, looking daggers up at us, went straight for this cat toy, scooped the (very realistic looking) mouse into her mouth, and flounced away, head high, tail swishing, dragging the stick behind her. We've all made up now, but it will be a long time before we forget to make sure this cat toy is on the right side of any door! :) And this is not the only story I can tell to illustrate our cat's "addiction"... :)

As I said above, the mouse is (scarily) realistic looking. This is one of the reasons-I think-that cats like this toy. The other is the wire, instead of a simple string: We have other wand toys which, though cute, are sort of frustrating, even for me. You throw out the mouse and it just sort of lies there. With the wire, however, you can have a truly lively game of "catch the mouse". We rescued our cat off the street, so I don't know if she ever learned to hunt from her mother. I can tell, though, that those instincts are there by the way our cat interacts with this toy, so it could be said to be "educational", as well "fun and athletic" :)

If you are on the fence about "should you/shouldn't you" buy this toy, I say, "go for it!". :)

Roadstar PCD-435CD Portable CD Player with Earphones Blue
Roadstar PCD-435CD Portable CD Player with Earphones Blue
Offered by sotel-electronics

2.0 out of 5 stars Video Killed the Radio Star in the '80's, Now i-Pods Are Killing Personal CD Player..., 5 Feb. 2016
I saw this personal CD player and thought it was right for the price. Boy, was I wrong...It promised to be skip/"jog"-proof. It is not. In fact, simply walking downstairs-even with a light tread-made it stutter and skip. Because there is not "resume" or "bookmark" feature, (which I did know about before buying, to be fair), and I do use this item mainly to listen to audio books and language CD's, I did "pause" it for fairly long periods of time (though never overnight, or anything like that), so of course, the batteries were used up very quickly. Fair enough. As an experiment, however, I put in fresh batteries and rigorously timed my listening periods. I got only about 3 hours of listening "pleasure" out of it. Now, again to be fair, I do use re-chargeable batteries which may run out faster than regular batteries. I have found, in fact, with other personal CD players that my re-chargeable batteries usually last about 6 hours, so I was already not expecting the 10 hours of "listening pleasure" that I think the description of this item "promised", but surely I could count on 5 or 6 hours? In any case, just be aware that this might be an issue, even with "regular" batteries. I should say, that I am writing this review only 3 days after receiving and first using the item, so it's not as though I've had it for some respectable time and it is only now letting me down. I am in the midst of going through the steps to return this item. It is a pity, though, because it is the absolute right size and I really do like the lovely blue cover. Perhaps I simply got a dud, but I shall not be buying this brand again. Sorry.

The ABC Murders: Complete & Unabridged
The ABC Murders: Complete & Unabridged

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple as ABC?, 21 July 2014
One of Christie's best!!! Hugh Fraser is an excellent reader!!!

Truvia® - Natural Sugar Substitute, 140 Packets/Box - Sold As 1 Box - Natural sweetener.

5.0 out of 5 stars mixes easily, and does not have that bitter, 21 July 2014
Convenient packets, mixes easily, and does not have that bitter, tinny aftertaste that other brands of stevia sometimes do...What more could I ask for?! :)

Murder in Mesopotamia: Complete & Unabridged
Murder in Mesopotamia: Complete & Unabridged

3.0 out of 5 stars and that I did enjoy the story, 21 July 2014
Being that I am an Agatha Christie fan, and that I did enjoy the story, it is perhaps odd that I should only rate this book 3-stars: It is simply because I listened to this book on CD, and the reader was not the best, to put it mildly. Unless the male character had a distinctive accent (and even then, sometimes), they all sounded alike. The female characters were slightly better read, but even they had a sameness to them.So, by all means, enjoy this book, but not by this reader.

Gallows Hill
Gallows Hill
by Rory O'Brien

5.0 out of 5 stars Gallows Hill, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Gallows Hill (Paperback)
Salem, MA...Known throughout the world for the famous Salem Witch Trials. Yet, Salem continues...ordinary people still live there...They still love, and worry about their bills, and groan about their politicians...and keep secrets...As someone who lives in a "tourist town" (Rome, Italy), I was very pleased with how Mr. O'Brien reminds the reader that real people actual LIVE in Salem, and are not just there for the "amusement" of the tourists...His descriptions-though done with a very light touch-of Salem in all of its guises, almost make Salem another character, important to the plot. While I am on the theme of "light touch descriptions", Mr. O'Brien again does this quite well with his characters. Frankly, I do not remember any actual physical description of our two main characters, or even anything but very limited "back story" about them (this is especially true with Ouelette), yet-like the beginning of any friendship-I feel that I like these people, and want to get to know them better. Interestingly, I truly hope that Mr. O'Brien NEVER gets Lennox and Ouelette together romantically. The plot of this book is very well summarized in the blurb above, so I will not bore the reader with a rehash of it. My only "criticism" of this book is that there are a lot of typos. I can only think that the printers did this. I bring this up, only because,it can be distracting for some people, and I don't want it to colour future reviews. Forewarned, is forearmed. I received this book, planning to use it as a reward for getting things done: I thought that I would reward myself with a chapter after a set number of tasks etc...got done. All went well until my first "reward break", when my cup of tea, the cat and I sat in the pleasant chair near the window to enjoy chapter 1...Several hours, the cold dregs of tea, a hungry cat, and a finished book later, I looked up to see twilight coming on, and the majority of my To-Do List still undone. Yes, this book is that compelling. My advice is to buy the book IMMEDIATELY, but not to even OPEN it until you have cleared your calendar, so to speak, and can read it in one sitting with no guilt.

The Mystery of the Blue Train: Complete & Unabridged
The Mystery of the Blue Train: Complete & Unabridged

4.0 out of 5 stars Le Train Bleu..., 4 May 2014
David Suchet is my favorite reader of the Poirot books, but Hugh Fraser comes in an extremely close second!!! The mystery itself is good, as usual with Agatha Christie. All in all, well worth the read or listen!

Evil Under the Sun: Complete & Unabridged
Evil Under the Sun: Complete & Unabridged

4.0 out of 5 stars Evil Under the Sun, audiobook, 11 Sept. 2013
Excellent!!! David Suchet knows how to read a book!!! :):):) He manages the different voices SO WELL, that he is able to make you really believe you are part of the story!!!

Earth Friendly Products Parsley Plus Multi-surface Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 2)
Earth Friendly Products Parsley Plus Multi-surface Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 2)
Offered by Best4Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme..., 11 Sept. 2013
Love this!!! I have recently bought the floor cleaner from this company, and will be sure to let you know about that!!! :):):)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars True truvia..., 11 Sept. 2013
Now, to be fair, this product really COULD be better...That is, it takes a whole packet, or more-depending on your taste-to sweeten a cup of espresso coffee...That is my test; espresso coffee ( REAL espresso coffee, since I do live in Rome, Italy...) However, if you have no objection to using up a whole packet, for such a cause, then this is the stevia for you!!! :):):)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5