Profile for Stephen Lee > Reviews

Content by Stephen Lee

Stephen Lee "that's me" (Exeter, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Arden Grange Adult Chicken Dog Food - 12 kg
Arden Grange Adult Chicken Dog Food - 12 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality price ballance, 24 Dec. 2015
Out Dog is very happy with it

Hive Active Heating 2
Hive Active Heating 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and easy to use, 24 Dec. 2015
Brilliant, easy to fit and use. App is a bonus. Make sure you get the right model Hot water means "Hot water Tank". For combi boiler get the single channel version

Addis 9.5 Litre Large Rectangular Bowl, Lime
Addis 9.5 Litre Large Rectangular Bowl, Lime

3.0 out of 5 stars It's green and holds the washing up!, 24 Dec. 2015
DOes the job though a little smaller than expected as measurements include a large lip

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker with Tote Storage Bag
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker with Tote Storage Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for single brews, 24 Dec. 2015
Excellent. Almost effortless and little mess when brewing for one. Tastes fantastic too if you take a little care. Also brews for 2 or 3 but not as easy.

uni-ball Jetstream Retractable SXN-210 Rollerball - Black, Pack of 3
uni-ball Jetstream Retractable SXN-210 Rollerball - Black, Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Woth tracking down in the UK at a good price, 24 Dec. 2015
Gorgeously smooth.

Crocs Unisex Adult Classic Clogs - Brown (Chocolate), 10 UK Men/11 UK Women (45-46 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Received US 11 not UK 11 as ordered, 4 Dec. 2014
The pair I received are smaller than my last pair sized 11 UK and have Boulder, Colorado on the bottom. Thus I assume these are US 11, or UK 10. Fortunately I can just get away with them as my actual size is more like 10 1/2. It's touch and go though. I've give 4 as crocs themselves are fine, it was the supplier that screwed up.

TP-LINK TL-WN821N 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN821N 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Full speed with BT Hub, 1 Sept. 2014
Very fast and easy to install. The included CD failed to install on windows 8.1 but looking in device manager it was recognised as a Realtech device and just works.

Plugable USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, 9 Oct. 2013
Tested ou on my laptop, whic hhas wite ethernet. I installed the driver from link that was emailed by Pluggable, plugged it it in, waited for install and it just worked. Windows 8 even recognised the IP address of my router so no need to re set up the network. I haven't tried Gigabit speeds as my router is only 100, but speeds are same as wired 100baseT access. Waiting for my Dell XPS 12 to arrive so can really prove it.

Occasionally laptop comes out of suspend with network not working and has fallen back to wifi. A simple disconnect of the wifi usually fixes that.

Sennheiser PC36-CC USB Binaural PC Headset - Black
Sennheiser PC36-CC USB Binaural PC Headset - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality and light, 10 May 2013
Very pleased with this headset which replaced an older model. The noise cancelling mic is good. They are light but a little uncomfortable after long time as on ear not around ear.

Laney RB1 Richter 15 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Laney RB1 Richter 15 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Offered by Fair Deal Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound from a small package at budget combo price, 16 Feb. 2013
I am pleasantly surprised by sound given the small size and price. Up to now, I've been using an old Laney Linebacker KB80 keyboard amp for bedroom practice. This older and much larger amp has a wonderful sound with 10" driver and HH amplifier, complete with a useful mixer. However my daughter needed a keyboard amp so I decided to use the opportunity to get a smaller amp designed for bass.

Having done the research and based on experience of Laney with the KB80 I decided to buy the Laney RB1 Richter Bass Amp. I'm a very pleased with my choice. The sound is great with my Peavy Millenium bass, if no quite as warm as the old KB80, possibly more due to the smaller driver rather than the quality of old HH amp. I'd say technology and Laney's design skills have improved considerably since that was on the market. The EQ works just fine, though I tend not to use it much and compressor appears to do the job, but doesn't get much of a workout with my practicing. You can also get a reasonable bit of distortion if required by upping the gain.

I use the CD input for my Android tablet placed on music stand and playing ripped practice DVDs, youtube videos, mp3s etc. I'd like a gain control for the line in but you can use the connected device's volume control easily enough.

This thing is really loud for 15 watts in a small box, certainly more than adequate for practice, and possibly good for quiet-ish gigs. The case is also very rugged with corner protection and a strong front grill. However, the rotary controls feel a little on the delicate side. There's a little buzz and hiss when you crank it up but as that would only be when gigging it won't matter. The sound remains good up to the close to the highest volume settings

Having the power switch on the front is convenient. Truth be told though, I'm really not a fan of the bright blue LEDs that are now de rigueur on all tech.

Highly recommended if you want a small amp with lower power at a budget price.

Page: 1 | 2