Profile for Sara S. > Reviews

Content by Sara S.

Sara S. (Wickford, Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
nugg Beauty Hydrating and Soothing Lip Mask for Dry and Normal Lips, 7gram
nugg Beauty Hydrating and Soothing Lip Mask for Dry and Normal Lips, 7gram

1.0 out of 5 stars Dried out really quick, 26 Mar. 2017
My parents got this for me for Christmas and after a little while using it found the mask was drying up. It seemed that the lid wouldn't tighten properly and when it did, it broke. Really disappointing. I didn't get to use it for that long but did like it while it lasted.

Knee Cushion by Cush Comfort - Extended Length Spinal Alignment Leg Positioner Pillow
Offered by Cush Comfort Cushions

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but too big for me, 2 Feb. 2017
I was really looking forward to trying this. I have scoliosis (which was operated on) and get back pain and leg numbness a lot in bed so after reading about this I thought it may help.

When it came it was bigger than expect and had no instruction on use, i.e. how to place it so had to look on here at the photos.

I got in bed and placed the cushion as shown in the photos but found it really uncomfortable and it made my hips twist so my body wasn't inline with my legs and hips. I tried moving it in other positions but had the same issue so ended up removing it. I feel if it was a bit smaller it would have been much better for me but unfortunately this size really didn't work for me (I'm 5ft 5). UPDATE - following a comment from someone regarding my review, I just want to state I was aware of the size of this, and the fact that it has a memory foam means it softens to conform to you but this was not soft enough to support me correctly.

I received this at a discounted price and all thoughts are my own unbiased opinion.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2017 5:55 PM GMT

Chief Stainless Steel Beer Bottle Cooler Insulator. Includes Bonus Steel Bottle Opener + Insulated Bag + E-Book + Gift Box
Offered by BuyChief

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea for picnics and sunny days in the garden, 2 Feb. 2017
This looked a great product for my husband, especially for picnics or when chilling outside in the summer (as no one wants a warm beer.)

We tried it with a bottle of Stella, which fitted well and kept the bottle cold for a few hours. The only issue is that your supposed to be able to drink the bottle while it's in the holder, and put the lid back on inbetween, however it wasn't possible to drink from the bottle while in the holder as the neck rib of the bottle was lower than the rim of the holder. It would have been ok with a straw but you don't really drink beer with a straw.

I think it's a good idea but maybe only for storing a cold drink until you want to open and drink it which is the reason for the three stars. If it was easier to drink in the holder it would have got 5 stars.

Catit Senses Grass Garden
Catit Senses Grass Garden

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - 3 weeks and no growth just mould!, 1 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Catit Senses Grass Garden (Misc.)
I ordered this for our indoor cats as they love playing with one of our house plants so thought we'd replace it with this for them so they don't get told off.

I'd seen other reviews saying negative things but thought maybe it was just a faulty batch.

I was planning on giving it to the cats on Christmas Day but my husband suggested to set it up before Christmas so they could have the actual grass already grown. My impatient husband decided to plant it up 2 weeks before Christmas. We followed the instructions, watering as instructed and putting it somewhere not to cold with a lot of sunlight but nothing grew. Three weeks later and it's mouldy and now in the bin.

Luckily my husband also saw the reviews and got the cats another toy just in case.

Really disappointed! Complete waste of time and money. Unsure if faulty seeds or if it's the substance that came with it to grow them in.

Dermal Korea Collagen Essence Full Face Facial Mask Sheet, 16 Combo Pack
Dermal Korea Collagen Essence Full Face Facial Mask Sheet, 16 Combo Pack
Offered by Beauty Jet UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these! Easy to use and don't slide off!, 26 Nov. 2016
I have had sheet masks in the past in beauty boxes but wanted to buy some and found this set. It's an amazing collection for the price and I love them! My sister wanted to try sheet masks for I have her a few to try.

These are really easy to use and apply and unlike others I've used they stay on your face even after 20 minutes. They feel lovely and cool too which was an added bonus when I felt unwell and was burning up (great if I have a headache too!)

The only thing which may put people off is the snail and snyake - I wasn't bothered and kept these myself to use.

I love these and the price and will definately purchase again. I'm currently using two a week as a little pamper session.

DMI Folding Aluminium Grabber with magnetic tip - 32"/80cm
DMI Folding Aluminium Grabber with magnetic tip - 32"/80cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for me - unsure if it was faulty, 21 Nov. 2016
I ordered this after my last grabber (different brand) broke. Rather than repurchase my old brand I went for this as it has a magnet to pick up needles and keys etc which would be handy as I craft and can sometimes loose pins on the floor.

When this arrived I found it wouldn't close fully so wouldn't pick up paper or anything under an inch thick so it was unfortunately useless for me. I'm not sure if it was faulty or just designed this way but it wasn't fit did its purpose and had to be returned.

Natural Chest and Nasal Congestion Relief. Soothes Sore Throat, Dry Cough, Stuffy Nose from Upper Respiratory & Sinus Infection. Works Wonder on Bronchitis, Allergies, Headaches. A Must for Cold Flu
Offered by Puriya Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurrah, my new cold saviour and no nasties, 21 Nov. 2016
I was so happy when this arrived! I had a horrid cold and felt awful and was wishing the delivery man would hurry up. As soon as I received it I opened the jar and took a deep breathe and it was amazing!

I love the fact it's all natural and the main carrier is beeswax so it also helped moisturise my nose while clearing my airways. It's not greasy or mega shiny (you won't look odd having this under your nose)

I've only tried this rubbed on my chest, neck and nose, or inhaling straight from the jar, but has really helped me as I have to sleep with a bipap machine (to help get rid of carbon dioxide from my lungs when I sleep) and use a nasal mask so if my nose is blocked I can't use it and therefore can't sleep so this has been a saviour for me!

I suffer from migraines and have seen this can be used to help alleviate headaches but unfortunately when I have a migraine I can't stand any smells so this won't help me with that, but I'm happy with it's main use.

The only things that could improve this for me is if it came in a travel size too as I ended up carrying this in my pocket with me everywhere and found it bulky.

Yes, it is pricer than similar products but this is natural and the tub is huge and non greasy which i much prefer and would be happy to repurchase. Also after purchasing I was contacted to advise of a money back guarantee which I think is brilliant.

Please note that I reviewed this product in exchange for receiving it at a reduced price. All views in this review are my own and unbiased.

BaByliss Diamond Heated Smoothing and Straightening Brush
BaByliss Diamond Heated Smoothing and Straightening Brush

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for my hair - did nothing, 4 Sept. 2016
I really wanted to try this as I have very thick hair with a bit of wave in it and it's very frizzy. I washed my hair and dried it straight and then used this. I used the highest setting as my hair is very coarse. Although u brushed through my hair first, the tension from the brush felt like it was breaking some of my hairs and didn't sound smooth going through my hair. I did as per the instructions, going under the hair section then going on top to smooth it but was still left with frizzy hair and it didn't really straighten that well either, especially at the bottom of my hair as you can't keep the tension needed. I will be going back to my trusty straighteners.

e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator - Mint Maniac
e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator - Mint Maniac
Offered by NEO KAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and easy to use, 20 Aug. 2016
When I first got this and tried it on the back of my hand it felt smooth, with no exfoliation, however as soon as you start using it and wear down the outter later it's very gritty. It was really easy to use and remove and has left me with smooth lips. Brilliant product. Other lip exfoliators I've used in the past have been mess but as this is in a lipstick shape it's perfect and mess free.

pür Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mudd Masque 120 g
pür Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mudd Masque 120 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not amazing, 20 Aug. 2016
I love a good face mask and gave this a try. It's quite thick and dries really hard (after the time was up I couldn't move my face much). The only issue is that as its quite thick and dries hard it's a pain to remove. I found its best to moisten it all then remove so that it softens. I didn't seem any amazing results but it is still a nice mask.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13