Profile for MyOpinion > Reviews

Content by MyOpinion

MyOpinion "rowland" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Samsung MUF-BB 64 GB USB 3.0 MicroFit Flash Drive - White
Samsung MUF-BB 64 GB USB 3.0 MicroFit Flash Drive - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for less than a year . . . then rubbish, 4 Mar. 2017
It was good while it lasted, but it lasted less that one year of use. The drive has become read-only so I cannot delete the files on there or add new files or reformat the drive (have tried under a number of different operating systems but the drive appears to be corrupt). Supposedly it has a 5 year warranty but the support website in the UK does not list USB devices as a product that it supports.

The other issue is with warranty on such devices, you would need to return it. USB keys and memory storage devices most likely will contain your private data. Sending a drive back is not an option.

So in summary: This one is going to get crushed first then thrown in the bin.

Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur, 50 cl
Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur, 50 cl

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected it to taste awesome, 11 Jan. 2017
Was expecting this to taste alot better based on all the positive reviews. I didn't really like it that much, it tasted odd.

Agate Bookends - Green
Agate Bookends - Green
Offered by Fossil Gift Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting., 11 Jan. 2017
I suppose it depends on the rocks that you get. In this case, the ones I got were smaller than expected and not really weighty or thick enough as bookends. The colour was also too dark and you couldn't see any pattern.

Andoer® Retro Wooden Musical Box Hand Crank Music Box Exquisite Workmanship 4 Patterns for Option
Offered by woteritrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little music box., 11 Jan. 2017
Cute little wind-up music box. Was great as a stocking filler.

KEDSUM Waterproof Wearable V4.0 Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headphones In-Ear Noise Cancelling Sweatproof Runner Headset Sport Earphones Earbuds Built-in Mic & APT-X,Fit for Sport, Gym (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars What's going on with headphones???, 2 Oct. 2016
When buying items like in-ear headphones, I would expect that the product is new and unused (these go in your ear after all!). In this case the product appeared to have already been opened and used. I'm not sure what's going on with headphones sold online today but they seem to be refurbs or second hand. The packaging is designed to be reused when people return them. I've decided to just buy a pair of wireless earphones in a regular store where I can see that they are in a sealed packaging.

I didn't test them out because I wasn't going to stick them in my ears.

Samsonite B-Lite Fresh Foto Backpack M for DSLR Cameras and Laptops up to 15.6", Charcoal
Offered by Valigeria

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera Backpack, 25 Sept. 2016
I have a Nikon D5000 and a few lenses that I wanted to ensure were packed properly when travelling. I didnt want to spend too much on a bag so this one fit the bill. In summary its a good bag, but I found it a little difficult to fit my camera in. Felt it was a bit of a tight fit.

Pros:
1. Looks good. It has clean lines and looks and feels well made.
2. There are plenty of pockets and I like the fact that there is a concealed laptop compartment that is separate from the camera compartments (making it easy to take out laptop when passing through an airport). The compartment is also good for documents, magazines or passports.
3. While not that big, the top zipper compartment is a good place to store miscellaneous items.

Cons:
1. While the bag looks big and there are plenty of velcro bits and pieces, I found it difficult to get my camera to fit in properly. The default configuration of the compartments means that the camera is on the side so if you unzip the camera compartment, there is a danger of the camera falling out. This could have been fixed if the camera compartment didnt unzip all the way from side to side. If the zipper didn't go from end to end, there would be some side walls on each side that would prevent things falling out when you unzipped completely.

2. I would have prefferred the top zipper compartment to be zipped the opposite way (i.e. the zipper is in a smiley face (U) configuration and would have liked it to be in a sad face configuration(∩). The reason is that if you fill it up with stuff, things can spill out when you open it. Also if you forget to zip it, things can spill out (I have a bad habit of forgetting to zip my backpack after having taking something out).

Overall, I like the backpack and after playing around with the velcro separators seem to have found a configuration to put the camera in.

aLLreLi USB Type C Cable, 1.0M USB 3.1 USB-C to Standard Type A USB 3.0 Charger for Samsung S8, Apple New MacBook 12 inch, Nexus 6P/5X, Oneplus 3/2, Chromebook Pixel, Asus Zen AiO - Grey
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but doesn't work with DASH fast charging on Oneplus 3, 31 Aug. 2016
Purchased as a secondary cable for my Oneplus 3 phone to use at work.

Pros:
- Nice quality cable that looks and feels good.

Cons:
- Doesn't work with fast DASH charging used by Oneplus 3 phones. It will charge, but will not benefit from the fast charging.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2017 4:22 PM GMT

TECEVO® S4 Sports Wireless Bluetooth Headphones IPX7 Sweatproof In-Ear Sport Earbuds With Earhook Secure Fit HD Stereo Sound 8-Hour Playtime and CVC 6.0 Noise Cancellation Builtin Mic Ideal for Hiking, Running, Workout, Gym etc.
Offered by DigiDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost good ..., 30 Aug. 2016
I was looking for a set of wireless headphones for my smartphone. Purchases this one based on all the positive reviews.

Pros:
- Sound quality was surprising good.
- Battery life was about 5-6 hours of continuous play.
- Comfortable fit.

Cons:
- While comfortable fit, I found they bulged out a bit and were a bit clunky looking when you had them on. The cable could do with a clip or something to hold it down.
- The main button is a play, pause, on/off, bluetooth pair button depending on how long you hold the button (which was ok). However, I found that when you hit the play button, it would take a few seconds (about 5) to start playing music. Initially I didn't think it worked so I would be clicking the button on and off (which was pausing/unpausing). Eventually worked out that I had to wait before the music would play.
- When music starts to plays, there is a bit of a stutter(drops/static) before the music plays smoothly. However I found that the music would drop out every now and then (even though the phone was in my pocket). This was extremely annoying. Other times, the dropping out occurred quite frequently. I did not use these for sports, but just for general wear.

Not sure if this unit was faulty or not but I returned it for a refund.

One thing I did notice with all these reviews is that only 20 of the 111 reviews are verified purchases. Of those verified purchases, over 50% of had disclaimers that they got the product at a "discount". Not sure what to believe with these reviews anymore.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2016 11:11 PM GMT

Philips BG2036/32 Series 3000 Showerproof Body Groomer with Back Hair Attachment for Easy Reach

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 10 July 2016
I'm not sure how this product got such a high review. It doesn't work at all as a body hair trimmer.

Pros: Nice design.
Cons: Doesn't trim hair. It just pulls at it.

For a company that makes alot of shavers/trimmers you'd think they would get it right by now. Needless to say, Philips is going on my "no buy" list.

Elinos Greek Organic Vine Leaves Net Weight 950gr Glass jar
Elinos Greek Organic Vine Leaves Net Weight 950gr Glass jar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality leaves., 3 July 2016
This is a product I will be returning to. The leaves are excellent quality and the price is reasonable for such a large jar.

Pros:
- All the leaves were perfect. In the jar I received, there were no torn or broken leaves.
- All the leaves had their stems trimmed.
- The leaves were tender. There was no chewiness or stringiness.
- They were not salty and required a quick soak to be used.
- The color of the leaves was consistent across all the leaves.

Cons:
- There were no broken leaves :-) I usually use a few broken leaves to line the pot and felt bad using the good leaves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7