Profile for m widd > Reviews

Salt Sugar Smoke: How to preserve fruit, vegetables, meat and fish
Salt Sugar Smoke: How to preserve fruit, vegetables, meat and fish
by Diana Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 31 Dec. 2012
I deliberated over buying this book as I have so many cook books but I have not been diappointed with this> I have already tried the whiskey and sugar cured gravdlax salmon for our Christmas lunch & everyone loved it-delicious and am now going on to try the hot smoked salmon. I can`t wait for this years excess fruit & veg to try the jams etc. The author very helpfully suggests what to use the recipes and what best accompanies them.Delighted with yhis book and looking forward to using it more and more.

Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
by Natasha Corrett

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 31 Dec. 2012
Was alittle disappointed with this having seen some recipes published in a magazine ithought it would fit in with our usual meals and we would eat a healthier diet..However this is quite a specialist diet with ingredients and equipment that are expensive and not things you would buy every day> I think if you were cooking for one or two it might be achievable but it did not fit in with my hectic famiky life.