Profile for Fussyduck > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
XD Design XDP433221 Bopp Hot Thermal Flask Black
XD Design XDP433221 Bopp Hot Thermal Flask Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault the flask so far, 23 Jan. 2016
I bought this in a shop, not off Amazon but I'm pretty sure this is the same model. I had noticed there were very reviews for this flask but I decided to take a risk on it anyway because I liked it's design, look and capacity and I'm glad I did! Today we used it on a long car drive (4+ hours) our tea remained piping hot throughout. We heeded the advice of the manufacturer and prefilled the flask with hot water before replacing the contents with our tea. I would also add that the flask is leak proof and easy to pour without making a mess. The lid/cup works well, is a nice size, comfortable to hold and continues to keep the drink warm after pouring. For me, 600ml is the perfect balance for tea for 1-2 people with respect to practicality and portability. I have a 1.5 litre Thermos flask at home but find I've rarely used it because it's too big and bulky. The thermos' insulation abilities are simply heroic I must admit. If I ever try to keep tea warm using this Bopp flask for longer than 5 hours I'll post my findings here.

Bose ® OE2 Headphones Replacement Audio Cable - Black
Bose ® OE2 Headphones Replacement Audio Cable - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars I can only assume it was defective because I bought a different replacement cable elsewher (non original Bose) and they work abs, 28 Nov. 2014
Bought these for my QC3s, they fit on the jacks on each end but imeediately causes the power on the headphones to cut out for some reason whenever I try to connect both ends. I can only assume it was defective because I bought a different replacement cable elsewher (non original Bose) and they work absolutely fine.

Replacement Audio Cable For BOSE Quietcomfort 3 QC3 Headphones 1.4 Meters Long
Replacement Audio Cable For BOSE Quietcomfort 3 QC3 Headphones 1.4 Meters Long
Offered by OKULI Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Bose QC3s!, 28 Nov. 2014
I had bought an original Bose cable for my QC3s which proved to be a dud. This one works perfectly. I can't love it with 5 stars though as a) it's just a cable and b) we'll see how long it lasts

Tigra Sport BikeConsole Cycling Bike Kit Incuding Waterproof Case Cover and Handlebar Stem Mount for Samsung Galaxy S3- Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for longer journeys in the rain, but a bit impractical for everyday commuting, 21 Nov. 2013
What I liked:

- very secure
- Very high level of phone protection from dust, mud and rain
- ability to quick release from the frame
- touchscreen works ok
- very easy to fit and remove

What I disliked:
- works only with samsung s3, not with any other phone (there are ones available which are suitable for almost any phone but then these do not provide such a high level of phone protection as this one does
- you have to remove your phone from its cover for the phone to fit it in
- looks a bit cheap
- once the phone is sealed in the case, sounds and music from the S3's speakers are significantly muffled which i didn't think of as I like to play music from my phone as I ride along the cancal towpaths, its a more polite way of letting people know I'm coming rather than ringing the bell all the time which can be misinterpreted as "get out of my way". This bearing in mind that it's generally not advisable to wear earphones while riding a bike for safety reasons

SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S3 Case Ultra Bumper Lumi Series Shining Grass SGP09234
SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S3 Case Ultra Bumper Lumi Series Shining Grass SGP09234

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 21 Nov. 2013
This cover is very practical and well made. Its true I'm onto my second one but I think I abused the first one a bit! For me no other case comes close to fulfilling what I wanted. I have no problems using any of the buttons on the phone. I also like the fact that the speakers are not obstructed. What a great design idea!

1. offers good protection against drops
2. doesn't detract too much from the phones elegant design
3. reasonably priced
4. won't slip easily out of your hand like some other cases do

Google Chromebook Pixel 2013 (WiFi)
Google Chromebook Pixel 2013 (WiFi)
Offered by bestgrabs

5.0 out of 5 stars Man I just love this netbook, 15 Nov. 2013
This computer is just great. In my book the highlights are as follows:

1) Super fast start up from any state
2) Beautiful screen
3) delightful keyboard and touch pad
4) Smooth operation, hardly any slow down at all compared to windows operating systems
5) Generally a pleasure to use - backlit keyboard is a nice luxurious and practical touch. Hot keys are sensible and I live the ability to easily switch between different language inputs by simply pressing shift and alt together. Brilliant for my language learning endeavours!
6) light, sleek and compact
7) High quality clear speakers, vocals sound great (Well for what you can expect from inbuilt speakers)!

Drawbacks:
1) it can heat up a bit on your lap especially when playing music, watching videos
2) Battery life is OK but for the price, at least an equivalent to macbook in battery life would have been welcome
3) Can do alot of your basic every day tasks but beware as some other more specific uses become problematic i.e. I wouldn't sell my windows laptop but keep it in reserve for anything that the netbook can't handle. e.g. if you don't have a cloud-print feature enabled printer, you can't print anything!

Update: Oct 2015 and still going strong. Have had very few issues with this netbook and use it almost every day for my english teaching job, even being able to effectively connect it to a projector using an HDMi adapter I've bought

Anker Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard for iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Galaxy Tabs and Other Mobile Devices (Black) T300

3.0 out of 5 stars Space saving keyboard, 16 April 2013
NB THIS REVIEW RELATES TO ITS USE WITH WINDOWS XP

I bought this keyboard because I find the chiclet type keyboard most comfortable for typing on at speed e.g. apple's. I also bought this particular model because it is compatible with windows xp and the space on my work desk is limited so I like the idea of being able to easily move it to one side so I can use that space for something else from time to time. I have bought anker products (batteries and chargers in the past and have found them to be of superb quality. This one is just OK - far from perfect and 100% practical.

Pros:
-Great compact size and good sized keys
-Feels alright to type on but noticably falls short in matching the quality feel of Apple's official keyboard
-Relatively easy to connect first time
- The hotkeys work well with windows xp

Cons:
-Upon loading up windows and starting to enter text, your first keystroke is not registered, it seems to take a few moments for the keyboard to bluetooth connect before you can start typing away. This could be a power saving function of the keyboard to go to sleep when not in use for some time. The fact that if I go away from the computer and come backa few minutes later, the same issue occurs.
-You have to type harder than you would with an apple keyboard - if not sometimes it misses a keystroke
- A numberpad would have been nice and would not have taken up that much extra room. (Maybe there is another model that has one)
- Ctrl Alt Delete; to bring up the task manager on windows xp doesn't seem to work despite trying all combinations using the 'fn' key.
- You cannot use this keyboard to access safe mode on a PC because it doesnt start working until windows fully loads up - meaning you cannot completely do away with a cable connected keyboard.
- An LED to show that the keyboard is successfully connected would have been useful. All there is is a low battery warning light
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2013 1:06 PM BST

Juiceproducer KT100 Juicer (Hurom HU-200)
Juiceproducer KT100 Juicer (Hurom HU-200)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn good indeed, 23 Mar. 2013
Had ours for 3-4 months now.

Positives:
- relatively easy to clean (but you will need the small brush given to clear any pulp lodged in one or two problem places)
- looks nice on the kitchen worktop
- not as noisy as some other juicers
- juiced can be stored for a while
- Amount of juice you can get out of things is really impressive indeed
- parts are easily replaceable and not too expensive (so far I've only had to replace one jug as I dropped it on the tiled floor and it cracked. All other parts are fine.

Negatives:
- very occasionally certain fruits and vegetables (pineapple and celery are common culprits) can start to clog the juicer at which point it is necessary to switch off and clear out the trapped pulp and start again. Not so bad but a bit of a shame that this can happen.
- It would have been superb if the two jugs could come with covers so that juice can be put straight in the fridge afterwards, instead of having to put cling film over the top or transfer to another jug meaning more unnecessary washing up, but this is just clutching at straws. I would dock half a star rather than a whole one if it were possible.

Very happy with my choice

SPIGEN SGP SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 CASE UlTRA BUMPER LUMI SERIES SPARKLING INFINITY WHITE

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 23 Mar. 2013
It's not often I get excited over a case but I really like this product. I've had it for a few months now and it looks like new. It covers all the important parts from knocks and scuffs and I love the way it doesn't cover the whole back so its almost as though you are holding a caseless phone, well almost... The buttons are not obstructed and the case is easy to remove when swapping out batteries which was important to me

Mini Tyre Pump Compressor - 300PSI - Powered by Car Cigarette Lighter Socket - Car & Bicycle Tyres, Balls, Pools and Beds. The Original, by Great Ideas.
Offered by GiftLocalUK

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down, 23 Mar. 2013
Looks and feels very poor quality, I could'nt get mine to work and soon afterwards it gave up the ghost. Complete waste of money

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4