Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Laura Fletcher > Reviews

Content by Laura Fletcher

Laura Fletcher "perfectlydemon"

4 x Scholl Express Pedi Compatible Refill Extra Coarse Replacement Rollers
4 x Scholl Express Pedi Compatible Refill Extra Coarse Replacement Rollers
Offered by One Retail Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sept. 2015
Work just as well as the original , but much cheaper.

Mancala For Kids
Mancala For Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for kids and adults, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mancala For Kids (Toy)
Already had the adult version, bought this for my seven year old grandson as he loved playing it so much.

Stephen King Presents : Kingdom Hospital (4 Disc Box Set) [2004] [DVD]
Stephen King Presents : Kingdom Hospital (4 Disc Box Set) [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Sekhon

5.0 out of 5 stars ...a chilling masterpiece..., 11 Jun. 2004
Stephen King is perhaps by far the best horror author there is around at present. With claim to many best selling novels, such as IT, a story about an evil clown who is faced by a group of seven young misfits banded together to confront the terror, doesn't sound too scary? I first watched it when I was just a child, about 10 years old, trust me, I couldn't sleep for weeks. So, with novels on the shelves and people queueing up to turn this mans novels into a number of classic horror films for the big screens, and little of course, I thought that there was nothing else this man could do that would surprise me in the least. How astonished was I however when I heard of an up-coming television series produced by this very man, based on the novel of Eleanor Druse (The Journals of Eleanor Druse: My Investigation of the Kingdom Hospital Incident).
At first I hadn't gathered much information on this new television series and within time I'd forgotten about it completely, however, one night whilst surfing my television for something to watch I stumbled onto BBC 2 and found Kingdom Hospital, already quarter of an hour of the episode gone. I watched the remaining half an hour and once my eyes had seen the last credit file up the screen I felt a longing for more from the hospital, I was quite disheartened that episodes weren't an hour long. So I surfed again and found the next episode on BBC 3, straight after. I was delighted and watched the very next episode that same night.
Now I am completely 'hooked', pardon the pun, on this amazingly produced television show, and each week I re-watch the episode I would have seen previously on BBC 3 and then watch the following episode on BBC 3. To be able to watch an episode of a tv show twice within a week and enjoy it more so the second time around is a rare occurence, however, Stephen King has mastered this show so finely that the storylines, character development, settings and colours are absolutely perfect. The hospital functions as though it were a real hospital drama such as Casualty or ER, but what makes this so unique from other hospital drama's is the supernatural theme to the television show.
The plot follows the story of a distressed ghost called Mary (played brilliantly by 10 year old Jodelle Ferland) who is taunted by spectre Paul (played by 22 year old Kett Turton). Kingdom Hospital of Maine, the main location in the series, was built on top of a wreckage of two horrific fires. The wreckage, which was once a warehouse, used child labourers, Mary being one of those unfortunate souls. Not much information has been unleashed of these fires but it is known that one of these fires caused the mass number of deaths in the warehouse which killed all the children and everyone else inside the building. Now, years later, with Kingdom Hospital standing tall and proud, a successful hospital, the ghosts are out to get their own back. Mary just wants peace for the hospital and is helplessly pursued by the evil Paul, and Paul, who knows what evil he wishes to bestow on the hospital and it's occupants.
Eleanor Druse, a woman who is adminished to the hospital after complaining of a pain in her hip, (Perhaps it's best I explain she's a hyperchondriac), whilst getting treatment, notices a few strange happenings in the hospital. It is Eleanor Druse, with help from Dr. Hook, a doctor in the Kingdom, who sets out to try and help poor little Mary and find out the truth about the fires in the old warehouse. Who knows what evils could be unleashed in doing so? And what is Paul's real secret?
So, for those of you who are a great fan of Stephen King's written work, I advise that you buy yourself a copy of this television series. It is well worth the price, which is amasingly low, I thought it would be a lot more expensive. I know I'm going to reserve a copy.

Cranium Booster Box 1
Cranium Booster Box 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when you got bored..., 11 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Cranium Booster Box 1 (Toy)
Who got Cranium for Crimbo? Hands up!!! I did!!! And if like me you thought it got boring when the cards became too familiar then you should buy this! It makes the game a whole load more exciting. A whole load more cards to make your game a ton more interesting, how much bending and rolling can that poor glob of putty take?!?
It's really fun, it's extremely durable, and it's educational, seriously!!! No really, seriously!!! Think of all the things you'll remember due to that fun glob of guke?
You really should go buy this! like, NOW!!!

Vexx (PS2)
Vexx (PS2)

3.0 out of 5 stars A complete hit..., 7 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Vexx (PS2) (Video Game)
Vexx, possibly one in three of my favourite games. I compare this game to Ratchett and Clank and Jak and Daxter as the game is somewhat the same as these two games. Basically you play Vexx who's seeking revenge on the person who killed his grandfather. It's an excellent game and the graphics are brilliant, basically, you should go out and buy this game, not just for christmas but right now! This very minute! Go on, click the buy button!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 10:00 PM BST

Sony D-EJ361 Silver CD Walkman
Sony D-EJ361 Silver CD Walkman

3.0 out of 5 stars Sony will remain top of the manafacturers....., 6 July 2003
Sony is one of the better known brands when it comes to electrical goods, and with the queality they supply this is hardly a surprise. This Cd-walkman is slim and attractive, it's lightweight feel makes it easy to carry around and it's design cause jealousy amongst friends. Whereas most cd-walkmans provide more g-shock than this one, it is still an excellent buy for people on a lower budget than most. I previously owned one of these makes which I thought what was definitly good for the price. So if you're looking for a low cost cd-walkman than provides good quality sound, then I highly reccomend this one to all of you. You won't be dissapointed.

Up
Up
Offered by samurai media

4.0 out of 5 stars All The Way Up!, 14 April 2003
This review is from: Up (Audio CD)
Although I didn't like much of Shania Twains earlier work, this album was certainly a turn point for me. I disliked earlier tracks such as 'That Don't Impress Me Much' but since hearing 'Gonna Getcha Good' I saw past all the leopard clothing and fell in love with this particular song. Unfortunately I downloaded the track from the internet and soon I lost it and couldn't download it again. A couple of weeks went by then Shania Twain released another song 'Ka-ching' which hit me imediately. After enjoying these two songs and seeing an advert stating the release of Shania Twains new album I decided to buy it. I searched Amazon.co.uk and found the desired item.
When I first saw the price I though 'Great, the usual price for an album', but when I realised it was a double disc set I realised what a bargain I'd found. The price for such an amasing album truly astonished me. Not only is this album good in price, it's good listening as well. The asian sound to 'Ka-ching' makes this track a hit release. Along with some amasing lyrics and a good beat to each track, Shania Twain has changed my mind about her songs. Even if, like me, her earlier work was not your style, I reccomend you buy this album because it lists some of her greatest pieces of work, her latest stuff.
Kaylz.

The Future of Earthly Delites: Remix Album
The Future of Earthly Delites: Remix Album
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly : The Future Of Earthly Delites, 4 Dec. 2002
I think this album is amasing. When I first saw it on the shelf I had to just pick it up and buy it. Even though I already had the album on tape and CD it was definitley worth it for the bonus CD. This is probably the liveliest of the albums and is a must buy for all Savage Garden fans. Infact, I even recomend it to those of you who have never even heard of Savage Garden. Even those of you who don't like Savage Garden but like trance and techno music, then this album reaches into even that genre, it's a hip hop, techno, trance, what evfer you want to call it, everyone will like it...

I'm listenin' to mine now.