Profile for A. Clarke > Reviews

Content by A. Clarke

A. Clarke (Boston, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
THE DEVIL YOU KNOW (Children Of The Mountain Book 2)
THE DEVIL YOU KNOW (Children Of The Mountain Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!, 31 July 2016
I read this book a few months back, but forgot to review it. Both book in this series have been a very good read. I love the author's idea of the post apocalyptic world could be like and Gabe and Mags are brilliant characters. I look forward to Book 3 in the series!

ESCAPE, Dead End
ESCAPE, Dead End

5.0 out of 5 stars Awww the last book in the story!, 30 July 2016
This review is from: ESCAPE, Dead End (Kindle Edition)
I got the first book as a freebie, but got so engrossed in the story, I had to buy the other 2 books in the trilogy. What a brilliant story! The next book I'm reading pales in comparison! Thank you David Antocci!

Escape, A New Life
Escape, A New Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of fiction!, 30 July 2016
I am another reader who got this book as a freebie. I wasn't sure at first, thought it might be a bit I'm not a celebrity, get me out of here! However, it is such a riveting book, even though another reviewer said that there are lots of holes, like what did they end up eating all that time on the island? But I think you can actually survive on very little, and they did say that Abby and Eric lost a lot of weight during their time there.

I don't often enjoy 'modern' stories, but this one was was so riveting that I ended up buying books 2 and 3 as well as I had to know how they ended up! I got this book in February, but only read it on 25th July. In those 5 days I've now read the whole trilogy! Thank you David Antocci for a very enjoyable read!

AMONG WOLVES (Children Of The Mountain Book 1)
AMONG WOLVES (Children Of The Mountain Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read. Had to finish it in bed this morning before I got up! LOL, 3 May 2016
After the first page, I wasn't sure if I would like this book. It seemed to be all about living in a metal container in one respect, then goes on to talk about a woman who monitors satellite receptions! Boy was I wrong, once you got into the story, and as the time goes on, you get the connection between the 2 sets of people, it is a brilliant book.

At the end it says if you want to find out more about Gabriel and Mags click here, I thought great, I can purchase book 2, only to find it isn't finished yet! So please Mr Hakok, hurry up and finish book 2. Don't keep me in suspense for too long!

The Irish End Games, Books 1-3
The Irish End Games, Books 1-3

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 Aug. 2015
I really enjoyed these stories. Slightly different slant on the post apocalypse idea!

Lost and Found (Find Me Series Book 2)
Lost and Found (Find Me Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read!, 12 Aug. 2015

Heavy Duty Piping Bag
Heavy Duty Piping Bag
Offered by Shop Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the Box!, 12 Aug. 2015
Very quickly delivered. not greatly impressed with the nozzles, but I only wanted the piping bags which are really good!

Andrew James Bread Maker In Black, Dual Blade, 13 Functions, 890 Watts
Andrew James Bread Maker In Black, Dual Blade, 13 Functions, 890 Watts
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, sorry!, 9 Nov. 2014
This is my 2nd AJ Breadmaker. I only bought it as my other 2 year old one, worked wonderfully but a washer or something disintegrated and the water leaks out. I couldn't find a new washer small enough, and AJ said they don't do spares, I couldn't even purchase a new pan for it, let alone a washer!

So I bought this one as it says having 2 paddles, it mixes better, for an even better loaf. Well, I've used it twice a week for over a month now, and it doesn't. My previously lovely lighter wholemeal bread is now heavy and flat.

I don't think its me. I've tried using the exact same ingredients and the exact same timings. I've also tried using different timings and different ingredients, but no.

I will add though that I only use the bread machine for making the dough, as with arthritis I can't knead very well anymore. So tomorrow I will try to bake a loaf from start to finish to see if its any better. The reason I don't though is that I don't like the big hole that the paddle makes in the middle of the bread, and of course, with 2 paddles, you get 2 holes!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2015 12:51 PM BST

Rosemary Conley - Slim 'N' Salsacise [DVD]
Rosemary Conley - Slim 'N' Salsacise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rosemary Conley

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Oct. 2014
Arrived quickly and in v. good condition. Easy to follow too for someone in their 60's like me! definitely 5* rating!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5