Profile for S. Rowden > Reviews

Content by S. Rowden

S. Rowden (Ashford, Kent)

Pass the Pigs
Pass the Pigs

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as present, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Pass the Pigs (Toy)
For eight year old boy and mum, they loved playing with it. My son is very envious now! pad and pencils included is good.

Spy Dog Joke Book
Spy Dog Joke Book
by Andrew Cope

3.0 out of 5 stars Playing on the name, 22 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Spy Dog Joke Book (Paperback)
We got this as my son was loving the stories in the spy Dog and Pups series. It has a few good jokes and a few quizzes and is written as a mission file. What it is in essence is a repeat of extracts of the stories. Some of the jokes are twists on old favourites.

Energizer Pocket Light Torch x 1
Energizer Pocket Light Torch x 1

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 Oct. 2011
Doesn't stand up on grass when trying to clear up dogs mess, but bright enough for lighting up the area, fits into pocket nicely.

Star Wars - Yoda - Maxi Poster - 61 cm x 91.5 cm
Star Wars - Yoda - Maxi Poster - 61 cm x 91.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for party game, 10 Aug. 2010
A great poster for my Star Wars mad son (aged 5) used it for pin the light saber at my son Josiah's 5th birthday party, I made paper light sabers and attached blu-tac, it all came off, so perfect for m,y son's wall.

The Great Game Of Britain Steam Trains Board Game Deluxe Tin
The Great Game Of Britain Steam Trains Board Game Deluxe Tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to improve your geography, 20 Oct. 2009
We bought this having previously purchased the travel version. Once recieving it my main disappointment was the board, it didn't have a luxury feel to it and you need to unfold it and it doesn't sit as evenly as it should on the table which is a shame. Better quality needed here. We have a 4 year old son and having played the travel game (small and magnetic) it was good to have the more complex routes and a greater variety of hazard cards. We have great fun playing it with him. I now know a bit more geography than I used to.

The London Underground Board Game Deluxe Tin
The London Underground Board Game Deluxe Tin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, board layout could be improved, 20 Oct. 2009
We got this after having purchased the travel train game. The principle is the same visit 6 stations across the London network, the first back to their starting point wins. We have played this with our four year old son Josiah, who dores enjoy it. The only comment I would make is the board could do with being bigger to enable the stations to be more spread out or another way of distinguishing them more clearly. Because the counters are loose it is easy for them to get knocked or it not obvious which station you are at. We prefer the train game but this is a good second best.

Bob The Builder - Race To The Finish [DVD]
Bob The Builder - Race To The Finish [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob the Builder
Offered by Qoolist

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound story, 11 April 2009
Very predictable but feels like too much has been edited so some links at beginning are not followed up. My son watched it for a few weeks but hasn't asked for it for a long time. Maybe hire rather than buy?

My Calendar Fridge Magnets
My Calendar Fridge Magnets
Offered by KM ONLINE

3.0 out of 5 stars usuable but small, 11 April 2009
This review is from: My Calendar Fridge Magnets (Toy)
My son enjoys using this but the pictures and numbers are a little bit on the small side to be seen and handled easily. A few more weather symbols could have been added and even activity pictures for what we are doing today e.g. picnic, beach, park, cycle ride.

Bob the Builder Wheeled Bag
Bob the Builder Wheeled Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Packer is great fun!, 19 Feb. 2009
We have had this for a while now and the design seems sturdy and robust. Have taken on several train journeys so has endured lots of wear and has withstood! My son loves playing with it regularly and pretending to go on holiday. Perfect weight for him.

Team Tex DreamFix Santiago Group 2 and 3 High Back Booster Seat (4 to 11 Years)
Team Tex DreamFix Santiago Group 2 and 3 High Back Booster Seat (4 to 11 Years)

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves it's purpose, 19 Feb. 2009
Children have been happy in this and has been washed and comes up well. Only criticism is that seat belt is still rather high and a different model same make came with a small attachment to ensure the seatbelt didn't touch neck too much, shame this didn't.