Profile for bernie McGuinness > Reviews

Content by bernie McGuinness

bernie McGuinness (Ellan Vannin)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Best of Our Spies
The Best of Our Spies

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Oct. 2017
when the eyes droop, it"s time to put it down.

Beards n Bobs Beard Christmas Baubles (12 Pack)
Beards n Bobs Beard Christmas Baubles (12 Pack)
Offered by Gift Base®

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beard baubles, 20 Jan. 2017
Excellent beard baubles, does the job for a novelty Christmas accessory. The attachment is a hair clip and it rather awkwardly fits into the bauble. It strikes me that the bauble is not designed for a beard specifically just bodged together. Not an issue for a one off laugh and the price allows that but it could be better designed.

AEG SB7500 7 Series Blender with TruFlow Titanium Blades, 900 W, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great high powered blender that handles every smoothie and soup ..., 20 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great high powered blender that handles every smoothie and soup I've thrown at it. Can churn through frozen fruit or ice without concern. It is expensive for what you get and I think there are other options I'd consider if I was replacing it but other than a slight hot machine smell when using it in anger I have no real complaints.

North Korea (Bradt Travel Guides)
North Korea (Bradt Travel Guides)
by Robert Willoughby

3.0 out of 5 stars Unable to take into DPRK, 20 Jan. 2017
The book is excellent and full of useful balanced information on a unique country.

The main drawback is you can't bring it in to North Korea as it is a banned book, thereby reducing the value of buying the book quite considerably. It was useful to read before a trip to get a feel and flavour for the place but there is no opportunity to reference it while out there minimising the value.

Christmas Xmas Mens Jumper Novelty Fairisle Sweater Jumper Womens Unisex
Christmas Xmas Mens Jumper Novelty Fairisle Sweater Jumper Womens Unisex
Offered by hsatrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking in a Wookie Wonderland, 20 Jan. 2017
Nice fitting and amusing xmas jumper, the product matched the picture on here and the material seemed decent quality for the price. Nice to find a star wars themed jumper without a silly price tag.

Matagot TKN01 - Takenoko
Matagot TKN01 - Takenoko
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Game., 23 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Matagot TKN01 - Takenoko (Toy)
What a gloriously beautiful game. The artwork and finishing on this product is superb and is easily the nicest looking game I own.

The game is easy to teach/learn and play. The mechanics are simple but thanks to the mission cards you choose then each game is different and there is no one strategy that works. It very much depends on what other players choose to do.

4 Player max is a drawback for bigger groups but the balance in the game suits this number of players and there is limited downtime between your turns, especially as you will be waiting to see what other players do as it impacts your goals.

It's definitely in my top 5 games at the moment.

L'Oreal Elvive Clay Oily Roots Shampoo 500ml
L'Oreal Elvive Clay Oily Roots Shampoo 500ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable shampoo, 23 Mar. 2016
Enjoyable shampoo.

The clay in the title made me initially suspicious that it would be a grainy product but it's just like any other shampoo really, maybe a bit thicker.

It has a nice scent and produces a great load of lather for a small amount of shampoo. Hair felt good and clean afterwards, soft and easy on the brush. Treats the beard nice as well.

Happily recommended but it seems a premium price.

Lifelong Hypoallergenic Adult Dog Food Lamb and Rice 15kg
Lifelong Hypoallergenic Adult Dog Food Lamb and Rice 15kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Hounds, 18 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The main reason I have given this 5 stars is for the convenience of getting a giant 15kg bag delivered to your door by the postman instead of having to lug it about yourself from the shops. It's well priced and both of the dogs we have enjoy it massively. I am no pet food nutritionist but it seems to be a solid balance of nutrition for my dogs and they are healthy and happy. Good range of flavours as well to keep them interested.

Ultrasport Endurance Warwick Running Beanie - Black, Large/X-Large
Ultrasport Endurance Warwick Running Beanie - Black, Large/X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars This hat is absolutely fantastic., 15 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This hat is absolutely fantastic.

I was sceptical as to the benefits of this over a regular beanie but it was like night and day.

I shave my head and as a consequence my head sweats freely during exercise, gets cold very easily if not covered and when stubbly is like Velcro to hats. Despite the stretchy tight nature of this hat it didn't stick to my stubble and went on comfortably. It kept my head warm initially against the winter wind but as I started to warm up from running I felt it cooling my head and taking the sweat away unlike most over beanies which become sweaty ovens at this stage.

All in all I totally recommend this product.

ManCave Natural Borage Face Moisturiser 100ml
ManCave Natural Borage Face Moisturiser 100ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth giving it a go., 12 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been a regular user of L'Oreal moisturiser so a change of pace (to a wonderfully named) moisturiser was nice to experience.

I noticed very little difference in my skin between the 2 products and this would probably have more to do with weather or hydration than the product. I have read the ingredients and it seems to be the usual range of essential oils that I accept as being good for me. The added caffeine I have recently read is supposed to be helpful for the bags under the eyes but I suppose I should give the product a fair chance at making a difference there before judging.

My skin didn't feel overly greasy after using it and I was happy using it. The price seems a little steep but maybe I am just tight fisted. Worth giving it a go.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20