Profile for Juan McGuinness > Reviews

Content by Juan McGuinness

Juan McGuinness "Rhumsaa" (Ellan Vannin)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Matagot TKN01 - Takenoko
Matagot TKN01 - Takenoko
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Game., 23 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Matagot TKN01 - Takenoko (Toy)
What a gloriously beautiful game. The artwork and finishing on this product is superb and is easily the nicest looking game I own.

The game is easy to teach/learn and play. The mechanics are simple but thanks to the mission cards you choose then each game is different and there is no one strategy that works. It very much depends on what other players choose to do.

4 Player max is a drawback for bigger groups but the balance in the game suits this number of players and there is limited downtime between your turns, especially as you will be waiting to see what other players do as it impacts your goals.

It's definitely in my top 5 games at the moment.

L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo, 500 ml
L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo, 500 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable shampoo, 23 Mar. 2016
Enjoyable shampoo.

The clay in the title made me initially suspicious that it would be a grainy product but it's just like any other shampoo really, maybe a bit thicker.

It has a nice scent and produces a great load of lather for a small amount of shampoo. Hair felt good and clean afterwards, soft and easy on the brush. Treats the beard nice as well.

Happily recommended but it seems a premium price.

Lifelong Dog Food, Lamb and Rice for Adult Dogs, 15 kg
Lifelong Dog Food, Lamb and Rice for Adult Dogs, 15 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Hounds, 18 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The main reason I have given this 5 stars is for the convenience of getting a giant 15kg bag delivered to your door by the postman instead of having to lug it about yourself from the shops. It's well priced and both of the dogs we have enjoy it massively. I am no pet food nutritionist but it seems to be a solid balance of nutrition for my dogs and they are healthy and happy. Good range of flavours as well to keep them interested.

Ultrasport Endurance Warwick Running Beanie - Black, Large/X-Large
Ultrasport Endurance Warwick Running Beanie - Black, Large/X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars This hat is absolutely fantastic., 15 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This hat is absolutely fantastic.

I was sceptical as to the benefits of this over a regular beanie but it was like night and day.

I shave my head and as a consequence my head sweats freely during exercise, gets cold very easily if not covered and when stubbly is like Velcro to hats. Despite the stretchy tight nature of this hat it didn't stick to my stubble and went on comfortably. It kept my head warm initially against the winter wind but as I started to warm up from running I felt it cooling my head and taking the sweat away unlike most over beanies which become sweaty ovens at this stage.

All in all I totally recommend this product.

ManCave Natural Borage Face Moisturiser 100ml
ManCave Natural Borage Face Moisturiser 100ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth giving it a go., 12 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been a regular user of L'Oreal moisturiser so a change of pace (to a wonderfully named) moisturiser was nice to experience.

I noticed very little difference in my skin between the 2 products and this would probably have more to do with weather or hydration than the product. I have read the ingredients and it seems to be the usual range of essential oils that I accept as being good for me. The added caffeine I have recently read is supposed to be helpful for the bags under the eyes but I suppose I should give the product a fair chance at making a difference there before judging.

My skin didn't feel overly greasy after using it and I was happy using it. The price seems a little steep but maybe I am just tight fisted. Worth giving it a go.

Science in Sport Whey 20 Strawberry - Pack of 12
Science in Sport Whey 20 Strawberry - Pack of 12

4.0 out of 5 stars The tube is sturdy so will survive in your bag or pocket and ..., 12 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very convenient way of getting in a 20g shot of protein after a gym session.

The tube is sturdy so will survive in your bag or pocket and is much smaller than a shaker to drink a normal protein shake. It also is faster to consume and doesn’t fill you up like a pint of shake does.

The taste is very artificial and skirts between bearable and unpleasant, but so does just about every protein shake I’ve drank only this has the advantage of being over and done with in 30 seconds.

Overall I like it as an option and if the price is right I’d have them for variety and convenience.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Nail Polish 011 Red Infallible 5ml
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Nail Polish 011 Red Infallible 5ml

3.0 out of 5 stars The colour is fantastic although not the usual style for my partner, 26 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used this myself but my partner has taken advantage of it on her nails so this review is based on her comments.

The colour is fantastic although not the usual style for my partner, it's bright and rich. The 2 stage application to my untrained eye seems a bit of a gimmick and doesn't add much to the process compared to other bottles (but what do I know?). The chipping seems to be about normal and depends on activities.

All in all the general consensus is that it's nice enough but a bit gimmicky and the cost seems a little high for a nice nail polish not an amazing one.

L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Color Riche Eye Primer Base
L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Color Riche Eye Primer Base

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye catching results, 19 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used this myself, my partner took over the testing duties. As other reviewers have stated the image here is not what you receive, you actually get an eyeliner pen type thing - it seems pretty fit for purpose.

That little bit of housekeeping out of the way the response my partner has had to this product is pure delight. She's been very impressed with how it improves the colour and durability of the eye shadow and has decided that whilst it's a bit of a luxury it's a great addition for special occasion and night out make up. Fully recommended.

Maybelline One by One Mascara Black 10.4ml
Maybelline One by One Mascara Black 10.4ml
Offered by @Mr Cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars In her opinion this was fine for the price but she much preferred and would ..., 5 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't use this product but my partner did and she echoed the thoughts of another reviewer on here - there are so many mascara products being pumped out by Maybelline it's hard to keep up or spot the difference. In her opinion this was fine for the price but she much preferred Maybelline Mascara Rocket, Very Black 9.6 ml and would choose that in a straight fight between the two. Hence the slightly lower rating.

Bodybuilding Warehouse 1000mg Pure Creatine Monohydrate 60 Tablets
Bodybuilding Warehouse 1000mg Pure Creatine Monohydrate 60 Tablets

4.0 out of 5 stars The bottle with 60 tablets in seems to be too small a supply considering you'll be taking 3-5 tablets a day (so around a fortnig, 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used both tablets and powdered versions of creatine previously to some success. The bottle with 60 tablets in seems to be too small a supply considering you'll be taking 3-5 tablets a day (so around a fortnights supply) therefore not cost effective but the larger sizes scale better economically. I found the tablets to be ok to swallow and a handy option when I wasn't able to use the powder in a shake but I can see that if you hate taking tablets or that taking 5 of these is a chore then you wouldn't want this product. As for the results - no noticeable difference with any other creatine products I've used. Happy to recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19