Profile for HJK > Reviews

WD 256 GB My Passport SSD Portable External Solid State Drive
WD 256 GB My Passport SSD Portable External Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, 11 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have 2 hard drives already - 1 Toshiba & 1 WD.
So this is my second WD.
Tried it out 1 day & came back the next and looked at files and saved some more.
All look perfectly fine to me.
Saving to the hard drive seem fast as well.
More than adequate for my photo files & for my Power-point presentations and documents.

The Other Side of Happiness: Embracing a More Fearless Approach to Living
The Other Side of Happiness: Embracing a More Fearless Approach to Living
by Dr. Brock Bastian

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain can make us more resiliant!, 10 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this book really interesting.
The author puts forward the case that we need some pain to appreciate the pleasure in life.
That making a "cotton wool generation" has robbed young people - that they have never taken any risks and so when faced with the slightest upset they cannot cope - their reactions can be disproportionate to the situation.

"... our minds and our bodies deal with stress better when they have been expose to it before".

"... by avoiding pain, we make ourselves .... more likely to seek out the salve of painkillers or antidepressants for even mild upsets".

Well worth reading.

Maybelline Brow Drama Shaping Chalk Powder, 1g, Soft Brown
Maybelline Brow Drama Shaping Chalk Powder, 1g, Soft Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Natural Look, 9 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I normally use a dark brown pencil/ crayon from the Boots No7 range.
This chalk powder one is very good.
The Brown colour looks quite natural but enhances the brows.
There is a brush to put the powder on with - I then use the stiffer brush that comes with the Boots one to brush the powder through.

Maybelline Color Sensational Eyeshadow Mono 40 Nude Glow
Maybelline Color Sensational Eyeshadow Mono 40 Nude Glow

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Colours Together, 9 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lovely eye-shadows - I am using nude glow & bronze as highlighters.
The darker espresso is good as a smudge eye-liner.
Simple case - no brush (but I have loads)

Quieter Than Killing (D.I. Marnie Rome 4)
Quieter Than Killing (D.I. Marnie Rome 4)
by Sarah Hilary

2.0 out of 5 stars Confused & Hard to Follow, 4 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have read & reviewed the first 2 novels by Sarah Hilary and liked them.
I missed the 3rd one but got this 4th one to review.
Detective & Police stories are my favourite books.
However - I did not like this one at all!
Because I had read the others I knew a lot about the story before hand of the characters - without that I would have been even more lost.
The chapters are very short - which is good in one way - but the action moves around so much - you cannot keep track of who is who and what is what.
it is all very confusing and hard to follow.
I would have given up on this if I had not had to write a review - so persevered until the end.
I must admit - I was glad to get to the end - but did not really care any more by then!
It ends on a cliff hanger - but I am not going to bother to get the 5th novel.

ELEMIS Life Elixirs: Clarity Perfume Oil - Perfume Oil Rollerball 8.5ml
ELEMIS Life Elixirs: Clarity Perfume Oil - Perfume Oil Rollerball 8.5ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 3 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Absolutely super! - the scents are lovely - they last for many, many hours, I have put the bottle in my handbag but do not need to really reapply much at all.

Staedtler Noris Club 550 02 School Compass with Centre Wheel Set with Extension Bar, Universal Adapter and Lead Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Compass, 2 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great compass - you can draw a really good circle - the kit comes with spare leads & extension arm.
It is mainly made of plastic
The box it comes in is not that sturdy & the inside tray is very flimsy - I think if you were to take it around with you to school it would soon break - not like the old tins they used to come in - hence the reason for 4 stars.
I will be keeping it in the house with my sewing and craft things - so that will not be a problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2017 3:10 AM BST

Burt's Bees Trio Tin Gift Set
Burt's Bees Trio Tin Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Delicate Flavours, 18 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried many lip balms but never tried Burt's Bees before - I must say that these are excellent.
They are made using beeswax and the feel and texture is lovely.
The best thing about them must be the flavours - they are good and they are also delicate and not sweet and sickly.
The little tin these come in is great for a present - obviously aimed at the Christmas market.

HoMedics Compact Nail Polisher
HoMedics Compact Nail Polisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget - but NO refills available, 15 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great little gadget - I normally polish my nails with a hand buffer - this makes life a lot easier.
It comes with 2 batteries.
The polisher comes with 2 x 3 heads of different coarseness of polisher - they are very easy to change.
The polisher is very easy to use.
However at the moment I cannot see any refills for sale! - I am sure that will be rectified soon (if not then the star rating would have to come down).

Ukulele for Beginners: How To Play Ukulele in Easy-to-Follow Steps
Ukulele for Beginners: How To Play Ukulele in Easy-to-Follow Steps
by Will Grove-White

5.0 out of 5 stars How to play plus lots of ukulele history & information, 14 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been learning to play the ukulele for nearly a year - going to fortnightly classes.
I have seen the Ukulele Band of Great Britain live at Leeds Town Hall - so I was interested in seeing this book written by one of the band's members.
I have previously reviewed Ukulele for Dummies which I found very hard to use - especially as the tunes were all ones I did not know.
I really like this book. There is lots of information about the ukulele and people who have played it & the style, photographs and graphics are excellent.
The part about how to play is easy to follow and I will be trying out the tunes, chords & strumming.
The diagrams & explanations are excellent.
As I am not a complete novice I cannot say how easy it would be without some prior knowledge but I think it would be good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20