Profile for Valkyrie > Reviews

Content by Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dancing with Demons (Dancing #2)
Dancing with Demons (Dancing #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great sequel, 10 Feb. 2014
This book picks up shortly after the events in Dancing with Death and if Wendy thought her troubles were over after revealing the identity of the serial killer she couldn't be more wrong.

The poor girl gets a lot of secrets about her family revealed to her, not all of them pleasant as well as finding out that first love doesn't always last forever. There are the new students and teachers at school to deal with which would be hard enough but when she doesn't know if she will live long enough to end the school year its understandable that motivation could be in short supply. Throw in a suddenly attentive mother, her loved-up best friends and being stalked in her dreams and it's a wonder she's still even remotely sane.

I really enjoyed this book. This one was equally as good as the first book, which is often not the case. There is a fast pace to the story and it doesn't let up until the last page. There is a cliff-hanger at the end but it's done in such a way that you know what's going on and it actually feels like the logical place to have paused until the next book, which will definitely be on my reading list and soon I hope.

Captivate
Captivate

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Captivate (Kindle Edition)
Firstly I have to say that contemporary romance is not my genre of choice but I read this simply because I have really enjoyed every other book I've read written by Amy. That said, I really enjoyed this book.

It was refreshing to see a romance book that is not chapter after chapter of bed-hopping and squabbling but you get to follow the budding relationship throughout the book. Yes there are some of the usual misunderstandings but not done in a cliché sort of way and I really found myself caring whether the main characters would get together.

This is also the type of romance book you can recommend to anyone without wondering if they will be shocked or offended.

Great book and I look forward to the next one

Through Glass - Volume One, Episodes 1-3 (Through Glass Novella Series)
Through Glass - Volume One, Episodes 1-3 (Through Glass Novella Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars An intruiging concept, 4 Oct. 2013
As this book isn't a genre I would generally choose, I read this book simply because I read and loved her other series (The Imdalind Series). While this book is totally different in topic from the other series its originality and style makes it well worth reading.

What I love most about Rebecca's writing style is that I can read her books, this one especially, and while I am really enjoying it I am also thinking that I can't see where the story is going to go, or even if you think you know where it's going, how they are going to get to that point is a mystery.

Give this book a chance, you won't be disappointed, I can't wait for book 2

Scorched Treachery (Imdalind  Series Book 3)
Scorched Treachery (Imdalind Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not To Be Missed, 8 Sept. 2013
This book runs parallel to the second half of Eyes of Ember, the second book in the Imdalind series. While this book is from the point of view of other characters it is not simply a re-telling of the second book. This is the book where we find out loads about Wyn and Ilyan's back stories as well as find out what was happening to them when Jos was trapped in book 2. I personally don't like books that simply tell the same story from another's point of view, it seems like a cop out but that is not what happens with this book, the story is not repeated. The best way I could describe it would be that in book 1 and the first half of book 2 we follow one story, in the second half of book 2 and in book 3 the story splits into 3 strands as the characters are not together and in book 4 it will go back to 1 again. This book is an essential part of the series otherwise you'll read book 4 and wonder where people are and why.

Now that's explained, I loved this book. The perspectives of Wyn and Ilyan were refreshing and their experiences both in their earlier lives and currently were truly heart-breaking. Wyn's history now makes so much sense and really shows the power of love and forgiveness to change people for the better. Ilyan, what a man!! If you hadn't already fallen for him (I had, lol) you will in this book. This is a man who shows devotion to those he cares for regardless of personal risk and without looking for anything in return. Part of me wants to hate Ryland for the things he does but he has gone through so much and fought so hard that I just can't find it in me. Talon, Thom and Cail, be prepared for some major revelations there and I really wouldn't get tired of slapping Ovailia lol.

Don't miss this one, it's great and I can't wait for the next one

Pulled: Book One: First Flame (Twin Flames Trilogy 1)
Pulled: Book One: First Flame (Twin Flames Trilogy 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start to a series, 27 May 2013
This is not my usual genre but I am very glad I took this chance on this book.

The idea of twin souls looking for each other over several lifetimes is an unusual one and I haven't seen this in a book before. The 2 main characters are very likeable although I wanted to shake Naya and tell her what she was putting up with from her boyfriend wasn't acceptable behaviour and certainly wasn't love. I would actually go so far as to say I hated him, he is the worst sort of person. The ending took me by surprise but I will definitely be reading the following books

Dancing with Deception (Dancing, #0.5)
Dancing with Deception (Dancing, #0.5)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 27 May 2013
This novella lays the groundwork for the Dancing series. I think you could read the first book (Dancing with Deception) without reading this and have no problem knowing what is going on but this gives more background on the main characters and events leading in to the first full length book.

A good story, I'm giving it 4 stars as it is the foundation of the series and I expect that the full length novels will get 5 stars from what I have already read of Dancing with Deception. I'm so glad I have discovered this author and look forward to reading anything she writes.

Eyes of Ember (Imdalind  Series Book 2)
Eyes of Ember (Imdalind Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 May 2013
I started reading this book as soon as I finished the first book, Kiss of Fire because I was hooked.

This book picks up where the first book left of with Jos in hiding with Ilyan to prepare her for the coming battles. It would be easy to say that Jos is immature or selfish etc but it needs to be remembered how young, inexperienced and traumatised she is and from that point of view I think she does remarkably well given the violence and betrayal she suffers at the hands of someone she loves. I developed a serious book crush on Ilyan, he's so kind and loving but expects nothing in return *sighhhh*

I would definitely recommend this series and can't wait until the rest of the series comes out. This author has a new fan!

Devour (Devour series Book 1)
Devour (Devour series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 19 May 2013
I have to admit to being neither young adult or new adult but still enjoyed this book very much.

It was an interesting concept to have young vampires going out and feeding from humans and then erasing their memories until they find their mate at the 'blood ball'. Trouble naturally follows when one human doesn't forget which could lead to the death of both the human and the vampire.

I don't know if this is a stand alone book or if their will be a sequel but if there is, I will definitely be reading it

Kiss Of Fire (Imdalind  Series Book 1)
Kiss Of Fire (Imdalind Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2013
Starts off slowly and you know there's a lot more going on than meets the eye. It gives you the chance to let your imagination try to decide who are the 'good' and 'bad' guys and form your own allegiances to them before all hell lets loose because from then on the pace never lets up. The author paints a very clear and vivid picture throughout and I could see this series making a good film (or more).

I really enjoyed this book and found myself caring about the characters and what they had to go through. I have already downloaded the second book because I am impatient to know more.

Gravity (Mageri Series Book 4)
Gravity (Mageri Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 May 2013
I have really enjoyed all the books in the Mageri series but this one is my favourite so far. It was refreshing to see things from other characters perspectives in this book not everything is from the point of view of the main character this time.

This instalment takes you on another rollercoaster of emotions and Dannika Dark may need to provide counselling for her readers by the time this series ends lol.

If you have read the others in the series, you do not want to miss this one and if you are new to the series, start with Sterling, you wont be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4