Profile for Ben Saunders > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
SanDisk Ultra Fit 32 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 150 MB/s
SanDisk Ultra Fit 32 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 150 MB/s

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Car stereo, 30 Sept. 2017
I bought this to use with my cars stereo and it works really well. I had an older compact usb 2.0 stick before which took about 45seconds to even start playing, but this is much faster, plus because it's so small I can leave it in and not hit my hand into it when changing gears :)

Pioneer TS-WX120A 150 W Powerful Amplified Subwoofer System
Pioneer TS-WX120A 150 W Powerful Amplified Subwoofer System
Offered by TSN Versand

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for such a small sub, 30 Sept. 2017
I bought this to use when I don't have space for my big sub. As to be expected, compared to a 10-12" bass box it is a little lacking, however it does still manage to fill in the low end that my door or parcel shelf speakers can't quite hit. Plus it's really compact and fits fine under my little Ford Fiesta seats fairly easily.
My only slight niggle is that it could do with a bit more volume, I had to set it to full gain to really get a big audible bass boost over the door speakers, however my speakers are amped up to an alpine 4channel amp so are a fair bit louder than if they where straight off the head unit, after putting my amps gains down low (below nominal) it did make a noticable difference and I was surprised how low the bass could go on such a little sub. So in short if you are just running your door speakers straight off the head unit or even the factory stereo and just want a little more depth to your sound, then this little pioneer is a great choice.

Bringer of Pain
Bringer of Pain

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good fun and brilliantly cheesey, 28 Jun. 2017
This review is from: Bringer of Pain (Audio CD)
This is the first Battle Beast album that I have bought and it is great. I appolagise for the terrible explanation :) it's like power metal meets 80's synth If you're a death metal purist then this probably isn't for you :) but if you love all things metal and rock and fancy somthing different and a bit fun then this is definatley worth a go.

Lloytron F1003WH Stay Cool Desk Fan, 9-Inch, 30 W, White
Lloytron F1003WH Stay Cool Desk Fan, 9-Inch, 30 W, White
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and good., 28 Jun. 2017
What can I say it's a fan, it blows air and I feel a little cooler if I sit or stand near to it. But for such a low price it seems to push a decent amount of air and is good as I would expect for a smallish fan :) It is a little fragile feeling but it was cheap so who cares.

Comma XTC1L 1L XTech Fully Synthetic 5W30 Motor Oil
Comma XTC1L 1L XTech Fully Synthetic 5W30 Motor Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Ford Zetec, 28 Jun. 2017
I got this to top up my little 1.25l fiesta zetec and it works really well. I know it's only a little bottle of oil, but it's always a very good idea to use manufacturer spec and this is perfect for mk4/5 ford fiesta zetec engines. Plus the price is decent. I'll definately buy this again, if I ever need to top up the oil again :) that may be a while though because this was the first time in 5 years that the oil level has been below full.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2017 12:29 AM BST

Red Leg Spiced Rum, 70 cl
Red Leg Spiced Rum, 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best spiced Rums., 21 May 2017
This review is from: Red Leg Spiced Rum, 70 cl (Wine)
This has to be one of the best spiced rums. It's great neat or in a mixer. It is sweet but not sickly like others, it's better than captain Morgan's too :)

OtterBox Symmetry Series Etui Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 - Nightscape Black
OtterBox Symmetry Series Etui Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 - Nightscape Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection for my S7, 23 Feb. 2017
This case feels really well made and the stand feature is really useful for when I want to watch videos on my lunch break at work :) also the fact that volume buttons are accessible even when the case is closed is really useful. My only small niggle is that the case shuts with a clip that is a little tough to open. However at least it won't come open if I drop the phone.

REDEX PETROL INJECTOR 500ML FOR THE PRICE OF 250ML
REDEX PETROL INJECTOR 500ML FOR THE PRICE OF 250ML
Offered by FastcarDirect - 24 Hour Dispatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with my old Ford, 23 Feb. 2017
I've got an old year 2000 Ford Fiesta and although it's only done 37k and runs perfectly well I knew it could run a little better. So I put one shot of this stuff into the tank when 3/4 full and topped up the tank with some premium unleaded and very quickly the car felt like it was running more smoothly. Also it now pulls better and seems to have slightly better acceleration. I guess it must have got grime in the fuel system over the last 17 years and Redex is doing a good gob of cleaning it out.

Philips 12342XV+S2 H4 X-Treme Vision +130%, Headlight Car Bulbs (Twin-Pack)
Philips 12342XV+S2 H4 X-Treme Vision +130%, Headlight Car Bulbs (Twin-Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Ford Fiesta Bulbs, I feel safer now., 1 Sept. 2016
I bought these for my old ford fiesta which strugles to give a good dipped beam with standard bulbs at night. In fact I allready had an older set of Philips X treme bulbs installed for the last two years and although the older model bulbs from Philips were very good I wanted to see if I could improve my cars night vision even more with these newer model bulbs. I have to say these bulbs make a really noticable difference esspecially the dipped beam on the old Ford, motorway and dark country lane driving is even more relaxing now as I can see further ahead.
Regarding the colour of the bulbs they are whiter that standard halogen bulbs (same colour as older x tremes), but don't buy them for a Xenon effect as they are not designed for that.
I am sure that the dipped light beam in my mk5 fiesta is at least 100% longer than standard halogens and around 30% further than older x treme vision's, so in my view for my car at least, Philips description is accurate.
However the light reflectors in every car are very different so don't expect every car to see such a huge improvement, all I know however is that these bulbs work brilliantly in old Ford Fiesta mk5's (2000-2002) so if you want to feel safer driving at night, get these and drive happy :) Oh and if you are thinking of putting Xenon's or Led's in instead, don't as they are illegal and scatter light everywhere appart from where you need it.

New Worlds [DVD]
New Worlds [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Dornan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Series, And a must watch for fans of the Devil's Whore., 16 May 2016
This review is from: New Worlds [DVD] (DVD)
This is the sequel to channel 4's the Devil's Whore which was set during the time of the English civil war, this show starts off a few decades later during the time of King Charles the second and later on King James. The mini series follows four young people actross both England and the new world of America who appose, King Charles and his who court have returned to tyranny and the people's of both England and America are now repressed.
However the colonists in the new world are also at war with the native Americans, the colonists commit shocking acts on the natives and it really brings home the injustice carried out by the 17th century settlers and make the viewer almost wish we had never discovered America and just let the people be.
Whilst this series fails to be quite as good as the Devil's Whore I still feel it deserves 5 stars thanks to it's captivating plot and brilliant acting, Jeremy Northman plays the part of Charles II very well, if you enjoyed the Devil's Whore or are just into historical drama series, give this a go, I'm sure that most will really enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14